Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #346 of 357

Man, I really hate to hear that, Dan. I don't know how I missed the CanJam in Germany-- I might just shoot you over some potential dates before the next one and see if there's one that works for you! In your absence, I don't suppose there's any way we could wrestle a set of Ethers and Ether C's from you to demo, is there?

*doe-eyed look of longing and hope*

bigsmile_face.gif

I would offer to step up and be responsible for any gear that you could loan out, because hey...I'm just that kind of gentleman. (bahahaha)

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #347 of 357
I would offer to step up and be responsible for any gear that you could loan out, because hey...I'm just that kind of gentleman. (bahahaha)

Well Matt, you do need to review the Ether C:wink:.....

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #348 of 357
  At the last meet, I heard the HD800 driven by the YGGR/WA5 and YGGR/ROK.  Both rigs sounded better than my Gungnir/HDVA600.  The music was very smooth and had a fuller sound - more bass and midrange presence.  That's why I'm more interested in amps than HP's at this stage - I think my HD800 and LCD-X/XC have untapped potential.

You have a lot of bases covered between the HD 800s and LCD XCs so its probably better to be more focused on amps. I really liked your LCD XC setup more, very energetic headphones with lots of punch....they are definitely a rocker's headphone.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #351 of 357
  If the meet goes down in September I'll be bringing a new amp The Headamp GSX-MK2 bought and already being shipped.

Congrats, i'm looking forward to hearing it.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #352 of 357
Damn Randy, between your, Daryl's, Woo Audio, etc., this is going to be a fantastic Meet, it's killing me to miss the event! I would absolutely love to hear the GSX-Mk. 2!

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #353 of 357
  Congrats, i'm looking forward to hearing it.

Hope to see you there!

Damn Randy, between your, Daryl's, Woo Audio, etc., this is going to be a fantastic Meet, it's killing me to miss the event! I would absolutely love to hear the GSX-Mk. 2!

I'll miss seeing you, any way I could speed up a Norne 3 foot female to male 4 point XLR HP cable extension that would work with the Vanquish and Draug2?

I'll thank Burnley for the GSX-mk2 amp idea as I batted around with him a good amp that would work with the HD800 and Audeze line, took me a year to run across one on the secondary market, (full price and a 12 month waiting list for a new one).

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #354 of 357
  Hope to see you there!

I'll miss seeing you, any way I could speed up a Norne 3 foot female to male 4 point XLR HP cable extension that would work with the Vanquish and Draug2?

I'll thank Burnley for the GSX-mk2 amp idea as I batted around with him a good amp that would work with the HD800 and Audeze line, took me a year to run across one on the secondary market, (full price and a 12 month waiting list for a new one).

Randy, Trevor gets back tomorrow, I will give him a call. I am hoping my Draug 2 for my HD800 will be shipped soon as well.The Gent who sold me my Taurus Mk.2 was having a GSX-Mk.2 built for him, look forward to reading your impressions!

I am also going to miss listening to your LCD3, I am looking for a Yang to the HD800's Yin.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #355 of 357
  Randy, Trevor gets back tomorrow, I will give him a call. I am hoping my Draug 2 for my HD800 will be shipped soon as well.The Gent who sold me my Taurus Mk.2 was having a GSX-Mk.2 built for him, look forward to reading your impressions!

I am also going to miss listening to your LCD3, I am looking for a Yang to the HD800's Yin.

The Taurus is another amp I would love to tryout.  Maybe next meet  
L3000.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #356 of 357
Edit: wrong thread.

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #357 of 357
  You have a lot of bases covered between the HD 800s and LCD XCs so its probably better to be more focused on amps. I really liked your LCD XC setup more, very energetic headphones with lots of punch....they are definitely a rocker's headphone.

Yea buddy.  The G/M -> LCD-XC is certainly a rocker's rig.  
I continue to be very happy with the XC overall.  I can drive them decently just with the AK120ii.  Not like the Mjolnir does, but decently.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back