Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Sep 6, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #466 of 714
  Looking forward to it!

Bringing my Beyerdynamic 'phones and Schiit Audio amp.

Sweet, man!! Which Beyers and Schiit do you have?

It's cool.  This meet will only get bigger from here.

We're going to grow this thing, and I'm designing a graphic for the next one.

My photoshop skills are semi-respectable.  
beerchug.gif

Man, if we're not careful, this might turn into a respectable event!!
tongue.gif
Very cool man, interested to see what you come up with!!

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #467 of 714

It's cool.  This meet will only get bigger from here.

We're going to grow this thing, and I'm designing a graphic for the next one.

My photoshop skills are semi-respectable.  
beerchug.gif

I'm impressed with the photoshop, the HD800 and the Batman building, good synergy.

I didn't realize at 1st that the meet was BRILLANTLY positioned on a UT open date.  Even if your not a FB fan, events just don't work as well here when the Vols play.  More UT fans in Nashville than Vandy fans, I think Vandy has resorted to paying people to attend games.

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #468 of 714
Do we have an attendance estimate?

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #469 of 714

Dear All,

I am also sorry about joining this thread so late.  Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to join the meet that is taking place right in my back yard.  For some reason, my company decided to enroll me in their SSBB program (at age 57!), and along with the international travel it's consumed my year.  Hopefully, I will be able to join next year.

I read through this thread today and learned a lot.  Both about you and about your equipment and preferences.  That's what Head-Fi is all about.

Nice job, Theo, for organizing the meet.  Also, nice job to ALL for jumping on the bus.  It will be a great meet, no doubt about it.  I think the Nashville meet will become a Head-Fi fixture and become more relevant as time goes by.

When I read the thread, I realized that I don't have much to offer but more to learn from you.
My current inventory is: LCD-X, Ed-8, SE535, Uberfrost, Asgard2, Dragonfly.  All my music is compressed in iTunes.

I will miss a lot about the Nashville meet:
  1) Meeting you all
  2) Trying to get inside Theo's head
  3) Hearing my first Grado:  Jay's new GS1000e
  4) Hearing the HD800 with a decent amp like ALO MKIIIB+
  5) High definition music vs. compressed - especially Rumay's Rock - WOW
  6) How the LCD-X sounds with a better amp than the Asgard2
  7) And the best - watching new people first experience great cans like HD800, HE-6 and LCD-X 
L3000.gif

I hope you have a great meet in Franklin.

All the Best,
RCBinTN

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #470 of 714

Dear All,

I am also sorry about joining this thread so late.  Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to join the meet that is taking place right in my back yard.  For some reason, my company decided to enroll me in their SSBB program (at age 57!), and along with the international travel it's consumed my year.  Hopefully, I will be able to join next year.

I read through this thread today and learned a lot.  Both about you and about your equipment and preferences.  That's what Head-Fi is all about.

Nice job, Theo, for organizing the meet.  Also, nice job to ALL for jumping on the bus.  It will be a great meet, no doubt about it.  I think the Nashville meet will become a Head-Fi fixture and become more relevant as time goes by.

When I read the thread, I realized that I don't have much to offer but more to learn from you.
My current inventory is: LCD-X, Ed-8, SE535, Uberfrost, Asgard2, Dragonfly.  All my music is compressed in iTunes.

1) Meeting you all
  7) And the best - watching new people first experience great cans like HD800, HE-6 and LCD-X 
L3000.gif

All the Best,
RCBinTN

too bad RBC, we all had a blast at the first one
sure hope you can catch the next one !

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #471 of 714
RBC, sorry I am not going too be able to meet you! One concern though, the last Guy that got inside of Theo's Head hasn't been seen since:skull:!

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #472 of 714
^Rumny, I believe our fearless Organizer may have had something too do with the Meet being schduled on an open date for UT :football:!

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #473 of 714
Oregon stomping Michigan State, VT heading towards a victory at Ohio State, all is right in the World, the Big 10 will always suck, the SEC, PAC-12, ACC RULE!!!

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #475 of 714
RCB I'm sorry that you have to work instead of play :frowning2: , maybe next meet. 

Wildcatsare1 MSU was beaten up by Oregon, VT over OSU would be sweet.

Rumny, it's looking good, first year of the College Playoffs and without serious politics and subterfuge the Big 10 is completely out of the picture 2 weeks into the season!!! So sweet, now if Notre Dame would just slip into oblivion it will be a spectacular season:thumbsup:!

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #477 of 714
LMAO, too funny, looks like an Abyss! So what are our Colors?

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #479 of 714
Yes, the Buckturds bite the dust!!!!VT wins big!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Bet Urban wishes he didn't wimp out on the Gators now!!!

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #480 of 714
  I'm impressed with the photoshop, the HD800 and the Batman building, good synergy.

I didn't realize at 1st that the meet was BRILLANTLY positioned on a UT open date.  Even if your not a FB fan, events just don't work as well here when the Vols play.  More UT fans in Nashville than Vandy fans, I think Vandy has resorted to paying people to attend games.

Yeah, the scheduling was most definitely intentional. In fact, I worked today specifically because I now have to work at least one Saturday each month (BOOOOOOOOO), I'd scheduled the meet for our off week, and Arkansas State appeared to be the least important game of the month. Of course, due to the joint miracles of Watch ESPN, Xfinity TV Go, and Slingbox, I sure as hell didn't miss the game. You can force me to be at work, but you are gonna have trouble keeping me away from the game one way or another. (Ironically, today ended up being one of our best productivity days at work... I credit the Vols defense. Somehow.)

Do we have an attendance estimate?

I'm guessing 20-30, although we have less than 20 people actually committed to coming thus far. When it actually happens, though, who knows? I doubt we'll end up with 50 or 75 people or anything like that, which is good-- as that would probably be much more difficult to manage. We'll just see, I guess!

Dear All,

1) Meeting you all
L3000.gif

All the Best,
RCBinTN

Oh man, hate that you won't be able to make it!! Sounds like that gives us a great excuse to set up another one in the future though :wink:. Btw, as a closed-headphone aficionado, I'm curious to hear what you think about the Edition 8-- you dig it? I still toy with the idea of snatching up a set of Sig Pros at some point...

If you're ever down Cookeville way and wanna shoot the breeze, let me know!! We don't have much, but we have at least one legitimately good pub/bar that's worth your time!
beerchug.gif

RBC, sorry I am not going too be able to meet you! One concern though, the last Guy that got inside of Theo's Head hasn't been seen since:skull:!

Nah, only real danger is getting lost... Big, cavernous, mostly empty space. Just mind the boxes of random football and literary knowledge piled around haphazardly and you'll be just fine :p.

RCB I'm sorry that you have to work instead of play 
frown.gif
, maybe next meet. 

Wildcatsare1 MSU was beaten up by Oregon, VT over OSU would be sweet.

Anyone over OSU is sweet. Btw, as utterly 'sour grapes' as this is, I was delighted to see that Vonn Bell didn't get the start to open the season, and to see he's been a bit of a diva about it. Wonder if he regrets backstabbing the program he'd basically silent committed to now... Kinda hope so
evil_smiley.gif

Rumny, it's looking good, first year of the College Playoffs and without serious politics and subterfuge the Big 10 is completely out of the picture 2 weeks into the season!!! So sweet, now if Notre Dame would just slip into oblivion it will be a spectacular season:thumbsup:!

Michigan State didn't look bad, and depending on how everything shakes out, they or Wisconsin (or, god forbid, OSU) could still conceivably make it. Three teams I just loathe, personally: Florida, Southern Cal, and Ohio State. Notre Dame is close, but not quite top-run for my disdain. Anytime these programs lose, it's just sweet, sweet music to my ears. Now that Notre Dame stomped an unranked and obviously middling-at-best Michigan team, you can cue the predictable (and utterly baseless) litany of Irish apologists making their cases for why the Fightin' Academic Scammers should be in the four-team bracket this year. Sigh.

Since I'll show up later on Fri night, it might be crowded and loud 
so it might be the right time for this.

That'll play nicely with my bandana and single rolled-up pantleg!! GENIUS!!!!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back