Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)
Mar 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #91 of 172
I'm about 80% sure it's the McGavock address (777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214). Shawn can correct me if I'm mistaken. 

Bummer about the Alpha Dogs and WA7, but hopefully that means you'll have something you're that much more passionate about by the time the meet rolls around, jaywillin!

And jibzilla, come on down, man! Especially with those TH600 and LCD-X slabs of awesomeness you own... Color me very jelly indeed! :p

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #92 of 172
  I'm about 80% sure it's the McGavock address (777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214). Shawn can correct me if I'm mistaken. 

Bummer about the Alpha Dogs and WA7, but hopefully that means you'll have something you're that much more passionate about by the time the meet rolls around, jaywillin!

And jibzilla, come on down, man! Especially with those TH600 and LCD-X slabs of awesomeness you own... Color me very jelly indeed! :p

yeah, both are really good, honestly, i'd been wanting to try the alpha for a while, thinking i wanted a closed can, as good as it was, closed wasn't working in my "household" the fam couldn't get my attention !which sometimes is good, but not on a regular basis lol
the wa7 was more of an impulse buy, and that was a lot of cash out on an "impulse" when it really didn't fit in my system.
i'm ready to get the system , the amps especially, settled.

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #93 of 172

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #94 of 172
I'm a 100% in, I'm in Nashville every month to see family in Smyrna, so less of a burden for me, but for others this is a big time commitment.  

I'm still trying to talk Focker into showing up, if details are not completely set, 4+ hour road trips plus overnights are a big deal for out of towners.

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #95 of 172
  I'm a 100% in, I'm in Nashville every month to see family in Smyrna, so less of a burden for me, but for others this is a big time commitment.  

I'm still trying to talk Focker into showing up, if details are not completely set, 4+ hour road trips plus overnights are a big deal for out of towners.

focker does need to be there !
i'd been giving some gentle nudges, could be time to kicked it up a notch
i've been working on mattTCG, i'd like to hear his hd650 and customized crack

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #97 of 172

I'm definitely not trying to sway his opinion one way or another here, but this certainly would be a perfect time for him to redeem that "I owe you a beer" card I gave him some time back... And just who doesn't like beer?? :wink:

Also, I picked up a First Watt F5 clone this week (haven't gotten to listen to it, in the process of moving ATM), and if there's interest I can look at bringing that as well. 

Btw, anybody know some place to pick up a Bryston speaker selector switch on the cheap? Doesn't have to be the new version with 6 switches, 2-3 (or more, whatever) would be perfectly sufficient. I just find myself inexplicably reluctant to spend eleven hundred dollars on a speaker switch that I'm not even convinced I need yet... That money could buy more headphones, dangit!! :wink:

@jaywillin: No worries man. Sounds like your presence and personality would be enough anyway 
beerchug.gif

@jibzilla: Also no worries. I recently switched from a position where I was working 55-hour minimums each week (up to 80-85 in Q4) to a job where I work about 45 hours each week, so I know the feeling. Plus, it can be work getting gear ready to attend one of these things... But man, is it ever WORTH it!!! :D

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #98 of 172
GREAT NEWS!!!! I've been chatting with Zach Mehrbach, creator of the ZMF headphones (Fostex T50rp modifications, very cool guy BTW), and he has committed to sending us some demos of his headphones to try out during the meet!! (I'm hoping we'll get the new Turbulent versions in addition to the flat and bass-enhanced versions, but I'll be happy with whatever he sends us). Also, he's going to try to make it himself, so everybody keep your fingers crossed!! (Even if he can't make it, though, he said he'll send us some demos to try out). 

If you don't know about these headphones, check out this thread. They seem to hold their own quite well against some of the more well-known T50rp variants (Mad Dogs, Paradox, Thunderpants, etc), and they are pretty reasonably priced to boot. 

Son, I'm getting STOKED about this meet................ Hoodelly-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 
atsmile.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #100 of 172
  Would 2 of you guys or gals be interested in making $20 for standing at my car and room for 20 min.? I'm bringing a decent amount of gear down and I will be doing all the carrying but I know I will have to make 2 or 3 trips before I can get it all to my room. Maybe help me get it into my car after the show? If the hotel has those baggage wheelers I can probably get it all in one trip but I don't know that yet and I'm not so sure I want to do that yet. I'm just a little bit leary of leaving my room or car unattended with potentially thousands worth of gear inside of it and I will probably be tired after a 300mi. drive. I would really appreciate the help on this.

The technics and the adam's will not make it there. A rega rp-6 with shelter 201 cart and lcr mk3 phono pre will be there though. 

I'll help you out! And there's no need for payment...

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #101 of 172
Apr 2, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #103 of 172
  Would 2 of you guys or gals be interested in making $20 for standing at my car and room for 20 min.? I'm bringing a decent amount of gear down and I will be doing all the carrying but I know I will have to make 2 or 3 trips before I can get it all to my room. Maybe help me get it into my car after the show? If the hotel has those baggage wheelers I can probably get it all in one trip but I don't know that yet and I'm not so sure I want to do that yet. I'm just a little bit leary of leaving my room or car unattended with potentially thousands worth of gear inside of it and I will probably be tired after a 300mi. drive. I would really appreciate the help on this.

The technics and the adam's will not make it there. A rega rp-6 with shelter 201 cart and lcr mk3 phono pre will be there though. 

i worked in the hotel business for years, call the hotel, check on the luggage carts, if its a decent hotel, they'll have one, they should have more than one.
if they don't, i bet that laundry/housekeeping/maintenance will have some type of cart they could let us use

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #104 of 172
i assume we are going to be in a meeting room, do we know if the meeting room has the electrical outlets we are going to need, some meeting rooms
just have a few outlets , but some will have outlets throughout , on the walls, and floors ?

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #105 of 172
Well thanks. I will pm you my phone # when the date gets closer. If you wont take my money maybe a brief private listening sesh and a few brews?

Well shoot! It's not like I'ma turn that down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back