Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)
Mar 18, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #77 of 172
equipment update, i won't be bringing the alpha's, or the wa7, but outstanding, just didn't fit
my system/taste ATM

but there still may be a surprise up my sleeve, i just don't know what it might be as yet

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #79 of 172
Interesting takes on Memphis and Nashville. 
Memphis for me is Sun Records, Elvis, Beale Street and Blues, the world's greatest Bar-B-Q.
Nashville is The Ryman (maybe the best audiophile live music venue in the country) plenty of Rock and of course Country, home of The Black Keys and Jack White along with plenty of Country artists.

One thing missing from both a decent high end HP shop.  Glad to hear that Cincy may have a new shop, otherwise I have to travel to Moon Audio In Charlotte.

A meet is the only chance I have to audition multiple HP's that are not at Best Buy.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #80 of 172
  Interesting takes on Memphis and Nashville. 
Memphis for me is Sun Records, Elvis, Beale Street and Blues, the world's greatest Bar-B-Q.
Nashville is The Ryman (maybe the best audiophile live music venue in the country) plenty of Rock and of course Country, home of The Black Keys and Jack White along with plenty of Country artists.

One thing missing from both a decent high end HP shop.  Glad to hear that Cincy may have a new shop, otherwise I have to travel to Moon Audio In Charlotte.

A meet is the only chance I have to audition multiple HP's that are not at Best Buy.

I've had Memphis BBQ.  It's good.

But, Nashville has some tricks up its sleeve as well...

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #82 of 172
If I had more money I'd totally bring a couple slabs of central ribs to the meet. Central BBQ ribs are just sublime. Tossup between them and the Rendezvous. Actually even cheese and rendezvous dry rub is very good, so I'll bring some.

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #85 of 172
  So is it 777 McGavock or 632 Union?

Gear I would bring:

Auralic ARK MK+
Apex Peak/Volcano + a few tubes
Stax srm-727
Fostex th-600
Audeze Lcd-X
Airbow SC-11

I can also bring adam A7x's and technics sl-1200 mk5 if there is interest.

That's a nice looking lineup,

I have a Technics 1200 MK2, if you bring the MK5 I have a two very compatible carts Denon 103R and Ortofon Super OM20.  
I also have a ADL GT-40 prephono which is mobile so PM me if you want to hear any of them.  

My TT is staying here, it was used in a studio and is not mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back