Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014)
Mar 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #18 of 172
  I'm glad to see more and more interest.  I'm hoping for a great turnout.  If I do purchase the U-Turn Orbit turntable I will bring it to the meet.  

How many of you would be interested in getting together Friday night for dinner?

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested!

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #19 of 172
  I'm glad to see more and more interest.  I'm hoping for a great turnout.  If I do purchase the U-Turn Orbit turntable I will bring it to the meet.  

How many of you would be interested in getting together Friday night for dinner?

wouldn't be able to do the dinner, are we looking at a particular weekend yet ??

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #20 of 172
Just a thought, it seems like nobody ever looks at the meets forum, so I've put a link to this in my signature line, if anybody wants to do something similar: 

See You in Nashville for the Music City Meet!!

Also, if you see someone in a thread that's from TN, north Mississippi, north Georgia, north Alabama, Kentucky, or the like, let them know about the meet-- that's the only way I found out about Canlanta last year, when a member saw I was from TN and sent me a message!!

Also, I think there oughtta be a moratorium on Alabama football paraphernalia at the meet -- ain't nobody wants to see that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jk, natch!! Can't wait for this, guys!!! 

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #21 of 172

Dinner might be possible.  At the very least I could help with some recommendations...

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #22 of 172

wouldn't be able to do the dinner, are we looking at a particular weekend yet ??

Hey Jay.  The tentative date is now May 10, 2014.  I am putting newly developing information in the first post in the thread.  This will make it easy for all newcomers to find out specific information, so they don't have to read then entire thread.  It isn't set in stone, just in case there are conflicting schedules.  

Quote:
  Just a thought, it seems like nobody ever looks at the meets forum, so I've put a link to this in my signature line, if anybody wants to do something similar: 

See You in Nashville for the Music City Meet!!

Also, if you see someone in a thread that's from TN, north Mississippi, north Georgia, north Alabama, Kentucky, or the like, let them know about the meet-- that's the only way I found out about Canlanta last year, when a member saw I was from TN and sent me a message!!

Also, I think there oughtta be a moratorium on Alabama football paraphernalia at the meet -- ain't nobody wants to see that 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jk, natch!! Can't wait for this, guys!!! 

That's a great idea.  Means I need to start posting more in other areas of the forum, haha.  You're right.  I rarely ever hit the meets area of this forum.

And they can bring all the Alabama football paraphenalia they'd like......we need something to keep the barbecue pit fire going. 
wink_face.gif
​ haha, again, j/k....but not really. lol

Quote:
  Dinner might be possible.  At the very least I could help with some recommendations...

Thanks for that.  I wasn't thinking anything fancy.  But something that isn't your everyday type of place.  I kinda had Twin Peaks in mind.  Good food, and good "environment" if you know what I mean. lol

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #23 of 172
On a completely different tack, here are some things I've never heard that I would love to hear someday (at the meet or elsewhere): 

Sennheiser HD800: how there weren't any of these at Canlanta I'll never know, but I wanna hear 'em. Badly. 
Bakoon amp: with the praise these things are getting, I've got to know if it's legit or FOTM. 
JH Audio Roxanne: droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. That is all. 
Aurisonics Rockets: I have approximately seven thousand of these on preorder, but I tend to be excitable (in case you couldn't tell) and wanna hear 'em NOW!! :p
Beyerdynamic T1: this has always just sounded like something I'd love. Want. 
Stax closed model: can't remember the model number, but I've heard it called the best closed can ever, so I'd like to hear it someday. 
Audeze LCD-XC: the rival factions of my inner dialogue on this can have almost come to blows numerous times. I must hear it. 
Pass FirstWatt amp: on my HE-6. Can it really sound that much better than my Master 8? I'm dubious, but open minded...
Schiit Mjolnir: again, sounds like something I might like. 
Sennheiser electrostats: hey, when you're dreaming, you might as well dream big! :wink:

So if you're out there, on the fence about attending, and you have one or more of the above, you can now see that it would obviously be an incredibly wise karmic investment to bring 'em to the meet-- you don't wanna be reincarnated as a dung beetle, do ya? 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #24 of 172
Count me in I'll be bringing:

Sennheiser HD800
and HD595
Beyerdynamic T1
AKG K240 Sextett LP version
Fostex T10
HiFiMan HE400

Amp: ALO Audio MKlllB+ and Meier Corda Classic

Source:  MacBook Air>Amarra 2.6>Audioquest Dragonfly DAC
Meier Daccord

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #25 of 172
  Count me in I'll be bringing:

Sennheiser HD800
and HD595
Beyerdynamic T1
AKG K240 Sextett LP version
Fostex T10
HiFiMan HE400

Amp: ALO Audio MKlllB+ and Meier Corda Classic

Source:  MacBook Air>Amarra 2.6>Audioquest Dragonfly DAC
Meier Daccord

Awesome, man!! We'll have the East Tennessee contingent fully represented, it sounds like :wink:. Looking forward to it!!!

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #27 of 172
I have a question for those that are planning to attend.  I know that a lot of people have interest in custom molded IEM's.  One of the challenges with that is finding, and having time to visit an audiologist to make ear impressions.  Would anyone be interested in getting ear impressions made at the meet?  If some of you would like to get them made I will get in contact with my audiologist (has made two pairs of impressions for me) and ask them to attend.  She does a great job, and works with me as far as places to meet, so I'm sure she would not mind coming if people wanted impressions.  I believe she still charges $45 for a pair.  

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #28 of 172
  I have a question for those that are planning to attend.  I know that a lot of people have interest in custom molded IEM's.  One of the challenges with that is finding, and having time to visit an audiologist to make ear impressions.  Would anyone be interested in getting ear impressions made at the meet?  If some of you would like to get them made I will get in contact with my audiologist (has made two pairs of impressions for me) and ask them to attend.  She does a great job, and works with me as far as places to meet, so I'm sure she would not mind coming if people wanted impressions.  I believe she still charges $45 for a pair.  

i'm not an IEM guy, but that does sound like a deal !

kinda getting stoked about this !

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #29 of 172
I've never used IEMs.  Would ear impressions be good for something to protect your hearing at a concert?  Because THAT, I could get behind...

Extremely excited to have an HD800 and T1 in the house. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #30 of 172
  I've never used IEMs.  Would ear impressions be good for something to protect your hearing at a concert?  Because THAT, I could get behind...

Extremely excited to have an HD800 and T1 in the house. 

While the actual impressions that are made by the audiologist do block out a lot of sound, i'm not sure they would work if reinserted, and if they did the longevity of them probably wouldn't be all that great.  However, some of the companies that make custom IEM's, Aurisonics included, also make custom molded hearing protection.  These are very affordable, at least I think so, especially if you are exposed to extreme noise levels often.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back