Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 6, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #241 of 16,931

Ok Thanks
Will need to save up for these then as I cant seem to find them anywhere in the UK so need to import :frowning2:
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For electronic music(mainly house and breakbeat) without a amp which one headphones are better...Nuforce NE6 or Maximo iM-590?

I generally find the Maximos to be the more capable earphone and electronica would be no exception. Neither one needs an amp. The Nuforces are a bit more isolating and slightly friendlier if you plan to wear them cable-down but other than that I prefer the iM-590 all-around.

May 6, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #244 of 16,931
@joker:Well then you lost access to the Supremus forum :p I recently edited my post somewhere else and if that is any indication have fun editing stuff when you add a new review :p

now..to figure out how to quote people here lol

May 6, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #245 of 16,931

Quote:
Very nice review of the orto e-q7, thanks for that. btw: your "jump to" links are not working at the moment I assume because of the changeover as they used to work fine, just FYI. 

Ah, thanks, links fixed. New post addressing will have ruined all permalinks across the whole site
frown.gif

Quote:
@joker:Well then you lost access to the Supremus forum :p I recently edited my post somewhere else and if that is any indication have fun editing stuff when you add a new review :p

now..to figure out how to quote people here lol

You have no idea. Editing those six permalinks took me half an hour. Since BBCode is disabled anything I paste into a message box loses all formatting
frown.gif
. Looks like I'll either have to do all my editing in-thread from now on (ugh) or write everything in plain html. I'm probably a bit rusty, too. Never thought I'd have a use for html again...

Oh and the biggest problem: there doesn't seem to be a way to edit thread titles so this thread is stuck at 63 IEMs/Yuin OK1 
frown.gif

May 7, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #248 of 16,931
Quote:
... Since BBCode is disabled anything I paste into a message box loses all formatting
frown.gif
. Looks like I'll either have to do all my editing in-thread from now on (ugh) or write everything in plain html. I'm probably a bit rusty, too. Never thought I'd have a use for html again...

Oh and the biggest problem: there doesn't seem to be a way to edit thread titles so this thread is stuck at 63 IEMs/Yuin OK1 
frown.gif

That's my biggest problem/s with the new forums. A real pain in the but! I got so used to using bbc coding, html is epic fail for me.
PS: Not being able to change topic titles is also epic fail.

May 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #249 of 16,931
Quote:

That's ok, we'll still love you. (Can I borrow 20 bucks?)

Only if I get a prototype iM-790. I promise I won't tell 
wink.gif

Quote:
Please review the fisher Audio Fischer Audio's DBA-02.  You rule! thanks Joker!

Sorry, no plans to review any FA products yet. They are really sloppy with responding to email.

Quote:
Quote:

That's my biggest problem/s with the new forums. A real pain in the but! I got so used to using bbc coding, html is epic fail for me.
PS: Not being able to change topic titles is also epic fail.

Theres a feature request in regarding thread titles so hopefully that can get done soon. Multi-quoting is a pain though and the lack of BB code doesn't seem like it can be remedied.

May 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #250 of 16,931

hi|
well I'm new to this quality sound.
I bought an hd600 for gaming/movie/music, so I wouldn't upgrade. Now I have them, I can't stop listening to music, despite using them with creative extigy and bravo audio tube amp.

now I want to have something portable that would give similar quality. I have bought the Koss portapro to begin at the portable headphones. I was just curious, for so long i've heard they are the best bang for buch cheapeness headphones

Now I want something close to my hd600, but in IEM form, what do you advice, I have a sony ericsson hbh-ds980 that seems to be close to sennheiser cx300.
So i want something that would be better. I like to have some bass. let's say at least like my hd600. 
I listen mostly to hip hop, pop rock.
I've been thinking about head-direct re0, but do they have less bass than my hd600???
Where do you buy the fischer audio eterna? I've searched but not found them nowhere
Well I am not going to spend over 100 dollars

May 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #251 of 16,931

Quote:

Now I want something close to my hd600, but in IEM form, what do you advice, I have a sony ericsson hbh-ds980 that seems to be close to sennheiser cx300.
So i want something that would be better. I like to have some bass. let's say at least like my hd600. 
I've been thinking about head-direct re0, but do they have less bass than my hd600???
Where do you buy the fischer audio eterna? I've searched but not found them nowhere

It's been a long time since I've heard the HD600, about six months. I know there was at least one member here who considered a well-amped RE0 to be an HD600 equivalent, but I can't vouch for that myself. However, you get a 30-day return period with them and if you really find yourself enjoying the highly detailed and resolved sound of the HD600, the RE0s might surprise you. The Soundmagic PL50, Thinksound Rain, and ViSang R02/R03 may also be worth considering. All three have at least slightly more aggressive bass than the RE0.

I haven't heard them myself so I can't comment on the SQ but I think you can buy the Eterna via ethan's store (budgenaudio.com) or import them from russia via ebay. But FWIR they should have significantly more bass than the HD600. 

May 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #252 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

It's been a long time since I've heard the HD600, about six months. I know there was at least one member here who considered a well-amped RE0 to be an HD600 equivalent, but I can't vouch for that myself. However, you get a 30-day return period with them and if you really find yourself enjoying the highly detailed and resolved sound of the HD600, the RE0s might surprise you. The Soundmagic PL50, Thinksound Rain, and ViSang R02/R03 may also be worth considering. All three have at least slightly more aggressive bass than the RE0.

I haven't heard them myself so I can't comment on the SQ but I think you can buy the Eterna via ethan's store (budgenaudio.com) or import them from russia via ebay. But FWIR they should have significantly more bass than the HD600. 

thanks for answering.

Then I'll go for fisher eterna or head-direct re0, depending on which I find. Eternas seem to be out of stock everywhere and head-direct re0 if I buy from US I'd have to pay customs. 

One question, if head-direct re0 happens to have low bass, the bass boost of a fiio e5 would be a good way to improve it?

May 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #253 of 16,931
Quote:
Then I'll go for fisher eterna or head-direct re0, depending on which I find. Eternas seem to be out of stock everywhere and head-direct re0 if I buy from US I'd have to pay customs. 

One question, if head-direct re0 happens to have low bass, the bass boost of a fiio e5 would be a good way to improve it?

Technically, yes - an E5 will boost the RE0 in the lower reaches. Personally I don't think this is worth doing as with a decent source you'll just be introducing a medium-quality link into your audio chain. If you already have an E5 by all means try it out. Otherwise I'd maybe think about saving up for used iBasso T4 or something of that sort. 

Oh and the RE0 ships from China if you order through Head-Direct. Customs fees probably still apply but just something to be aware of nonetheless.

May 10, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #254 of 16,931
The Arrow with its variable bass boost feature is a definite step up from the E5 as well
ksc75smile.gif

May 10, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #255 of 16,931
@joker I currently have the Monster turbine and I was thinking seriously about upgrading to the Monster turbine pro coppers for $280 is it really worth it? can you compare soundstage,isolation,sq etc. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back