Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #13,966 of 16,931
  Dude, don't you think it's the wrong thread to do this?
Make your own thread if you want to hype up a product

Also it sounds like you wrote that review LOL

That's what I was hinting at. Joker doesn't need the thread to be jacked/derailed. If one thinks something deserves it's own thread then, by all means, make one. Other-wise it's all good. I almost bought an Ivery IV-6(I think that was the one) with the titanium diaphragms.

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #13,967 of 16,931
I Currently have the Klipsch S4's. I also have a pair of JBL Synchros Reflect.

I'm currently looking for more Bass and Sub Bass, better vocals, and not as harsh Treble. Better Soundstage presence. Better quality overall.

My music consists of Rock, Rap, Electronic (Dubstep, Chillstep, Techno, Trance, Trap).

My Klipsch S4's are muddy with bass, and sound cracky at high volumes and are very harsh on the Treble to my ears.

My JBLs sound pretty good too. They have more detailed bass, better mids (vocals), Treble is about the same. Soundstage is better.

I'm trying to find something that will make the Bass and Sub Bass pop a little more for instance in Rock music like listening to Alice in Chains, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged7Fold, Kiss, etc... I hear the bass guitar fine its just the kick drums lack with the Sub Bass feel and presence.

I was looking into the Sony MDR XBA-H1, MDR XB60/90EX, Klipsch X11, Vsonic GR07 BE.

I don't care for Hippo VB, JVC FXT90, Atrio MG7.

If you have any suggestions for others or if those I picked, can you enlighten me a little more and better direct my choice on a pair. Thanks In Advance.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #13,968 of 16,931
  I should have mentioned that before. I'm commuting as well listening on GS2. With a good seal I never felt they lack power. In fact I don't think A161p were any louder but I can't be sure at this stage. Not significantly anyway. I realized as well I often have my phone in my hands reading or playing games. In fairness I barely talk over the phone while commuting though.
Please let me know if you find earphones you like better than A161p. I was thinking ER-4PT would be next when vc1000 dies.

Interesting.... loudness on IEMs  I have used so far seemed to be proportional to their impedance. At 16 ohms ( A161p,UE 600 Vi) 60 to 70% volumes is loud enough for me. at 33 ohm ( stock Samsung buds) 90 to 100 % is needed for satisfactory output. DBA 2 at 43 ohm was not loud enough even at full volume . I concluded that GS3 can not handle anything above 32 ohms but may be there is more to it than that.

Mic is not important for me too but play/pause/ next and previous track functionality with 1 button is ( Again a DBA-02 lesson), to quickly sift through songs.

A161P's quick and enjoyable bass has set me on a path away from neutral and towards bass and mids heavy with gentle treble IEMs now so I am not looking for anything neutral anymore and that always rules out Etymotics.  I don't know if I can recommend anything to you given my recent sonic preferences but  I was also considering Earsonics  SM2 DLX (they were expensive and had no 1 button thingy), favorable review by Ijokerl.

Sadly, not many IEMs meets my stringent criteria, so I am left with experimenting.

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #13,969 of 16,931

Interesting.... loudness on IEMs  I have used so far seemed to be proportional to their impedance. At 16 ohms ( A161p,UE 600 Vi) 60 to 70% volumes is loud enough for me. at 33 ohm ( stock Samsung buds) 90 to 100 % is needed for satisfactory output. DBA 2 at 43 ohm was not loud enough even at full volume . I concluded that GS3 can not handle anything above 32 ohms but may be there is more to it than that.

Mic is not important for me too but play/pause/ next and previous track functionality with 1 button is ( Again a DBA-02 lesson), to quickly sift through songs.

A161P's quick and enjoyable bass has set me on a path away from neutral and towards bass and mids heavy with gentle treble IEMs now so I am not looking for anything neutral anymore and that always rules out Etymotics.  I don't know if I can recommend anything to you given my recent sonic preferences but  I was also considering Earsonics  SM2 DLX (they were expensive and had no 1 button thingy), favorable review by Ijokerl.

Sadly, not many IEMs meets my stringent criteria, so I am left with experimenting.

for loudness two things matter: impedance and sensitivity.
The less is the impedance, you need less voltage to achieve more power.
And the bigger is the sensitivity, you need less power to achieve more loudness.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #13,970 of 16,931
  for loudness two things matter: impedance and sensitivity.
The less is the impedance, you need less voltage to achieve more power.
And the bigger is the sensitivity, you need less power to achieve more loudness.

Nah, it's a bit more complicated than that. Yeah, generally high impedance headphones require more voltage but low impedance headphones require higher current and most of the time smartphones can provide the voltage but not the current needed. Also, just judging the efficiency based on the specifications of the headphones posted by the manufacturer is not exactly an accurate science, especially given that it's not like all headphones have linear impedance.
In my experience, there has been stuff with circa 16 ohm impedance and high sensitivity that has been pretty hard to drive and stuff with high impedance that is very easy to drive etc. I'm often surprised by new stuff, its specs and the actual efficiency, so it's a bit of a generalization to conclude on the power needed only based on specs and urban legends about 30+ ohm stuff and how hard it is to drive with a smartphone.

In regard to the a161p talk - it was actually something like 30 ohm as far as I remember and is actually one of the easiest to drive iems. It can get very loud very fast from pretty much any source but most iems aren't this sensitive and so efficient.

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #13,971 of 16,931
yeah its a typo and corrected..........

Yeah, it's a typo and corrected, also.  
normal_smile .gif

Don't get off track buddy, this is a forum with bloggers from all over the world. Don't discriminate.

So, if you're here to correct other people's spelling, you might as well be a teacher. No teachers needed here.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #13,972 of 16,931

That's what I was hinting at. Joker doesn't need the thread to be jacked/derailed. If one thinks something deserves it's own thread then, by all means, make one. Other-wise it's all good. I almost bought an Ivery IV-6(I think that was the one) with the titanium diaphragms.

@jant71

Everyone on this forum brings ideas of IEM's discovered to Joker because he is a great analyst on breaking them down to the core. And that's all I did, give my impressions and ideas to what I think is a great IEM for the price. With that said, I am going to upload a new thread with my impressions of them.

But, please be noted, 'Joker' will do the full rating on these. He's definitely the IEM expert here! His experience shows on his reviews!

Ps. -I'm also interested in those IV-6.......Are you saying you didn't order them? I would have been interested on some feedback on those.   

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #13,973 of 16,931
No offense taken, as I said, I just had to ask. Hope everyone feels the same passion for this product, it would really change the game if what you describe is valid. I'm a journalist, so it's kind of my "hobby" being skeptical, and again, it was not my intention offending you.

I will wait for others to try this out because being from Brazil it would take forever for them to be delivered here.

I'm a hobbyist on new budget IEM's here in China. I just happen to bump into these while looking for the VSONIC VSD1S that 'Joker' suggested to me. I didn't mean to mislead, or upset people when I compared them to the HD800. It was just an experience I just wanted to share with others on this thread. People pay a lot of money for headphones like the HD800, and well worth it! So, honestly, I just fell in love with these.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #13,974 of 16,931
  Have you tried others Ivery IEM?

Shipping to Brazil is extremly slow so, maybe i will buy another one with IS-1...

i loved the flat cable from the IV-3
http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/IV-3-Fashion-Brand-In-Ear-Metal-Earphone-3-5mm-HiFi-Intelligent-Stereo-Headpone-Earbuds-For/1729716716.html

and IS-4 looks sexy
http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-ivery-is-4S-In-Ear-Headphones-Earphone-For-IPhone-IPod-Earphones-Headset-For-MP3/1756327172.html

I only tried the IV-4, which were in the lines of sounding like Soundmagic E10, or E30. I'm hoping to try the others in the later future.

My experience has only been with the IS-1 and IV-4.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #13,975 of 16,931
  So i was looking for Ivery and found these seller -> http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/4-Consumer-Electronics/507503_253017963.html
If you buy US$29+ you get US$9 off 
beerchug.gif

I got 3 Ivery ( IS-1, IV-3, IV-1) and Awei ZT120i ( mostly because of its case ) for US$20,46 
beerchug.gif

The seller looks trusty.

Please give us some feedback on the IV-3 and IV-1 later on. Haven't heard these, yet.

Jun 25, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #13,976 of 16,931
Yeah, it's a typo and corrected, also.  
normal_smile%20.gif

Don't get off track buddy, this is a forum with bloggers from all over the world. Don't discriminate.

So, if you're here to correct other people's spelling, you might as well be a teacher. No teachers needed here.

I made a typo and i had corrected it(MINE).....not someone's. You pointed out to me with "well?" so responded. Guess who's teacher here,SIR! Let it go.

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #13,977 of 16,931
I made a typo and i had corrected it(MINE).....not someone's. You pointed out to me with "well?" so responded. Guess who's teacher here,SIR! Let it go.

I apologize for the miscommunication. I misunderstood your expression.

-Dooley noted.
wink_face.gif

......hopefully, I'm setting a thread for the Ivery IS-1 with my impressions of them within the hour. Joker will give details and ratings on them in the near future.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #13,979 of 16,931
I Currently have the Klipsch S4's. I also have a pair of JBL Synchros Reflect.

I'm currently looking for more Bass and Sub Bass, better vocals, and not as harsh Treble. Better Soundstage presence. Better quality overall.

My music consists of Rock, Rap, Electronic (Dubstep, Chillstep, Techno, Trance, Trap).

My Klipsch S4's are muddy with bass, and sound cracky at high volumes and are very harsh on the Treble to my ears.

My JBLs sound pretty good too. They have more detailed bass, better mids (vocals), Treble is about the same. Soundstage is better.

I'm trying to find something that will make the Bass and Sub Bass pop a little more for instance in Rock music like listening to Alice in Chains, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged7Fold, Kiss, etc... I hear the bass guitar fine its just the kick drums lack with the Sub Bass feel and presence.

I was looking into the Sony MDR XBA-H1, MDR XB60/90EX, Klipsch X11, Vsonic GR07 BE.

I don't care for Hippo VB, JVC FXT90, Atrio MG7.

If you have any suggestions for others or if those I picked, can you enlighten me a little more and better direct my choice on a pair. Thanks In Advance.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

for a cheap option i will suggest the xb90ex , loads of bass , i mean flooded with bass , it just needs a hint of bass . never heard anything with more bass then this , gr07 be still has controlled but more refined bass. i will say , save some more and go for xba-h3 , you will get plenty of bass and lots of details too .
     never tried a image s4 or xb60ex though . but i believe xb90ex is not as muddy as s4 . if thats your problem , h1 or best as joker suggests , yamaha-eph100 should do .
     still for $60 i will go for xb90ex . for me its the basshead reference phone .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back