Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #13,996 of 16,931
  The best way to burn them in is to enjoy them 
gs1000.gif

+1, could not agree more

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #13,998 of 16,931
i don't know what's wrong with me :frowning2:
the feel of an IEM is comfortable to me in the ear,
i "need" the isolation it provides, and i love the sound of my IEM's.
but i'm having such a hard time with the cables of all my IEM's !!
they're all just so microphonic... even models which are considered low-cable-noise-models.
and wearing them around the ear doesn't really eliminate it, only makes it a little bit better,
but i still find it very annoying, doesnt really solve the problem like everyone says.
i also hate how to cables are rubbing against my neck while wearing them around the ear.
this is actually my main issue, the cables are just all over the front/sides of my neck
when wearing them around the ear and i can't stand it.
i have the VSonic VSD1S, Meelec A161P, Meelec CW31, id America Spark and Sony MHC1.
i just don't know what to do.... :frowning2:(

Jun 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #13,999 of 16,931
  i don't know what's wrong with me :frowning2:
the feel of an IEM is comfortable to me in the ear,
i "need" the isolation it provides, and i love the sound of my IEM's.
but i'm having such a hard time with the cables of all my IEM's !!
they're all just so microphonic... even models which are considered low-cable-noise-models.
and wearing them around the ear doesn't really eliminate it, only makes it a little bit better,
but i still find it very annoying, doesnt really solve the problem like everyone says.
i also hate how to cables are rubbing against my neck while wearing them around the ear.
this is actually my main issue, the cables are just all over the front/sides of my neck
when wearing them around the ear and i can't stand it.
i have the VSonic VSD1S, Meelec A161P, Meelec CW31, id America Spark and Sony MHC1.
i just don't know what to do.... :frowning2:(

You...my friend....need these 
smile.gif

http://earin.se/

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #14,002 of 16,931
  The best way to burn them in is to enjoy them 
gs1000.gif

I definitely agree with you. Enjoy them why burning them in.

I believe the diaphragms do settle in to a certain point to have a certain sound signature after time. So, do take the manual seriously if the company ask you to do so. Lots of IEM's first sound tiny or thin, but as time passes, they open up with either better midrange, treble, or even deeper bass.

-Your ears know what they hear.  
happy_face1.gif

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #14,003 of 16,931
Boosting treble does result in the impression of greater clarity*, but in the case of SS01 vs Philips S1, the difference is negligible and once you spend time ear time with the S1 it won't sound less clear than the SS01 anymore. Also, while the S1 has greater subbass weight, keep in mind that it's not a very bassy earphone overall. It's only about on-par with the VSonic GR07 in overall bass quantity. 

*That's not to say that a brighter earphone is always clearer than a darker-sounding one, but this is how, for example, the "Crystal Clear" BBE+ EQ setting works. 

Thanks for the awnser!
Clear is maybe not the correct term for what I mean.
Out of the box, the Moe-ss01 sounds too bright and therefore spikey at times.
But when I eq the highs down, the sound becomes absolutely fantastic, with excellent separation and layering.
Thats what I mean with clear; "not muddy", while retaining a flat/dark signature.
I cant use the eq on every device i own so the philips sound excellent for my taste, thanks joker!

Jun 28, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #14,005 of 16,931

I wish the EP2 was a little less harsh in the upper midrange - that's the biggest gripe I had with it because overall it is a very solid earphone. That said, it's not neutral-sounding - certainly not as neutral as the A161P. It's a little too mid-bassy/bloated compared to the A161P and as a result a little more congested and less detailed.

Oh ljokerl, Lord of IEMs,

I am repentant about  not listening to you and ordering RBH EP2 anyway 
triportsad.gif
, thinking that it might suit my sonic preferences better but as usual, each word you said above is so so true. I even EQed the upper mid range to see how its sound improves. You really have touched that elusive realm of objectivity while being still confined by our essential subjectivity.

EP2's detail and clarity lags behind even UE 600 which I thought was clearly already a step down from A161P. Bass is plenty but slowish, enjoyable but not much as A161P 's fast and punchy bass.

Returned the EP2 while waiting for new A161P to arrive from Japan.

Any IEMs that you  think have  similar bass quality to  A161P( to quote you " fast and resolving"  and "surprisingly punchy, even aggressive at times" ) and equal if not more in quantity ?? and also have no mid recession of any kind and equal or better clarity.

I am asking this because I have now tried DBA-02mkII, UE 600vi and RBH EP2 and none has that kind of bass response.

I would really welcome a few options.

Jun 29, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #14,006 of 16,931
Fellow head-fier's, do you want to take a look at some reviews of the IS-1 (Liberty's) in China, by far?

Take a look at some reviews from China's "amazon.cn" and "aliexpress.com".....

1. http://www.amazon.cn/product-reviews/B00GLRTVIS/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

2. http://www.amazon.cn/%E6%B5%B7%E7%BF%94-ivery-is-1%E5%B8%A6%E9%BA%A6%E7%BA%BF%E6%8E%A7%E8%80%B3%E6%9C%BA-%E9%9C%87%E6%92%BC%E4%BD%8E%E9%9F%B3%E7%8E%8B-%E5%85%BC%E5%AE%B9%E4%B8%80%E5%88%87%E6%99%BA%E8%83%BD%E6%89%8B%E6%9C%BA/product-reviews/B00DYO2AUW/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

3. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IS-1-New-2014-Brand-In-Ear-Earphone-with-Mic-Microphone-For-iPhone-5-Samsung-MP3/1723374386.html#feedback

Note: Chinese people are very, and I mean VERY PICKY when buying products made from their own people because of QC (quality control).

So, this is evidence of the IS-1's reviews making waves in China.

.....need I say more?  
wink_face.gif

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #14,007 of 16,931
Clearhead, I fully understand that you're excited by these IEM's and if they are as amazing as you say they are (HD800-amazing), then you deserve to be. However, it seems that you're almost trying to sell everyone the product. I can't help but get the feeling that this is a sort of advertising.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #14,008 of 16,931
  Clearhead, I fully understand that you're excited by these IEM's and if they are as amazing as you say they are (HD800-amazing), then you deserve to be. However, it seems that you're almost trying to sell everyone the product. I can't help but get the feeling that this is a sort of advertising.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

-Just gave you a heads-up, that's all.....

I don't make any money by being a hobbyist, if that's where you're getting at.

I'm just excited about a low cost budget IEM that practically I'd never understand with the price vs. its weight in value. Hope you understand my excitement.

So there's your answer.

So, can I ask you? ......what are you trying to accomplish here?   
wink_face.gif

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #14,009 of 16,931

wink_face.gif

Most likely to make you stop posting here. We get it - you're excited and want to share your excitement. Make one post here, contact joker and ask him whether he's willing to accept a unit for review, make a separate thread and hype as much as you want there. There's no need to make every other comment in this thread yours.
Just look the last 10 pages of this thread - half of the comments are yours and often several in a row instead of just using the EDIT button. Just go to the The discovery thread and share your discovery and hype there if you think that the separate thread you've created is not enough.
No one is trying to stop you from sharing your experience and excitement but this is joker's review thread and people come here to read his reviews and seek his opinion - not to read other people's hype. Imagine what will happen to this thread if everyone who likes a certain iem comes here and starts posting few times a day how good that iem is.

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #14,010 of 16,931

.....need I say more?  
wink_face.gif

No. Please

-Just gave you a heads-up, that's all.....

I don't make any money by being a hobbyist, if that's where you're getting at.

I'm just excited about a low cost budget IEM that practically I'd never understand with the price vs. its weight in value. Hope you understand my excitement.

So there's your answer.

wink_face.gif

You've given many heads up. Maybe you should change your name to 1cloudyhead. You've brought the product to our attention, that's great! You've created a dedicated thread about it, amazing! People interested in the product will go to the thread, subscribe, ask questions, etc. But this, this is just annoying. If someone asks you on this thread about them, then fine, answer away. But to keep bringing it up, annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back