Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #14,161 of 16,931
Thanks, everyone!

i read it , i have a question too , how bad is the xba-h3's bass ? i mean how fast is the decay and how muddy or boomy it is ? for me the one excels in bass is hisound crystal , and thats the limit for me , wont take any thing slower of boomier then that for this price , i have some wooly muddy boomier phone like xb90ex , but its for $60 , and thats okay for its price .

The Crystal has a huge advantage in the form lower bass quantity, and I agree - it does have very good quality bass overall. The H3 isn't as tight, but it's not far behind and the bass is a lot more powerful. 

Oh I had a question about the Phonak which was could you wear it straight down if you wear the left headphone in the right ear

Yes, you can. Not sure what that does to the cable noise and such, and the fit definitely won't be as secure. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #14,165 of 16,931
  If the fit is not the same does that mean the sound won't be either

yes , if the fit is not good , if the seal is not there , sound will suffer . i dont think swapping channels will affect fit .

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #14,166 of 16,931
Jul 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #14,168 of 16,931
  Have you tried it straight down

No, I had no problem wearing them the right way. I did try the PFE232 down but the fit just wasn't as secure as cable-up. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #14,170 of 16,931
@Joker, I just recommended the team at Aurisonics to send u a review unit of the Rockets after they fulfill their shipping quota from kickstarter. It needs to be on that chart for all to marvel at. I soundly believe they top the CK10 (past owner) and a few customs on the merits of your scoring system. Keep up the good work.

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #14,171 of 16,931
  @Joker, I just recommended the team at Aurisonics to send u a review unit of the Rockets after they fulfill their shipping quota from kickstarter. It needs to be on that chart for all to marvel at. I soundly believe they top the CK10 (past owner) and a few customs on the merits of your scoring system. Keep up the good work.

Ahh, but do they beat the ckr series? 
wink.gif
 (despite them being different sound signatures)

I'm more curious on the altone vs rockets comparison though. Hopefully joker obtains one.

Either way that aurosonic rocket is amazing, and definitely deserves to be reviewed someday. :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #14,172 of 16,931
Ahh, but do they beat the ckr series? :wink:  (despite them being different sound signatures)

I'm more curious on the altone vs rockets comparison though. Hopefully joker obtains one.

Either way that aurosonic rocket is amazing, and definitely deserves to be reviewed someday. :)

Yes I am interested in this comparison also. I'd really like Joker to review the ath ckr series. Currently they are hands down my best IEM beating the likes of my UE900 too.

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #14,174 of 16,931
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I was hoping somebody with BA experience can solve a prob for me. I was listening to my PFE111s yesterday when the left channel suddenly dropped in vol. (bout half as loud as the right). First thing I did was change filters, no joy. I though since it was fairly hot and humid that maybe some moisture/sweat got in so I tossed them in a jar with a packet of silica. Still didn't help. While I was trrying to figure out what to do next, I cranked the volume waaay up, and after a bit of a click/pop the left channel was back to normal. Been playing fine since, but I was hoping someone could maybe explain what might have happened, and if its anything to worry about.
Cheers

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #14,175 of 16,931
  Did you think the sound was the same when you wore the 232 down

I don't remember noticing a difference. I was using them with Complys.

Hah, thanks. Would be happy to try it. 

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I was hoping somebody with BA experience can solve a prob for me. I was listening to my PFE111s yesterday when the left channel suddenly dropped in vol. (bout half as loud as the right). First thing I did was change filters, no joy. I though since it was fairly hot and humid that maybe some moisture/sweat got in so I tossed them in a jar with a packet of silica. Still didn't help. While I was trrying to figure out what to do next, I cranked the volume waaay up, and after a bit of a click/pop the left channel was back to normal. Been playing fine since, but I was hoping someone could maybe explain what might have happened, and if its anything to worry about.
Cheers

Definitely not a good sign. Sounds like a mechanical problem with the armature but I can't say I've ever experience the same. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back