Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 27, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #14,132 of 16,931
That's too bad ..no mad ...its cool
cool.gif
.....another 14$ saving ..kekekeke

Well, this is open to interpretation .One might say that if you got one and it's legit you'll be saving $25. It's one of those glass half full or half empty things 
tongue_smile.gif
  This whole thing was kinda weird coz usually if it's just a limited amount discount you get something like crossed off list price, the amount you're saving below and the current discounted price and this had nothing like this. Anyway, technically I didn't stop anyone from buying one - just advised people not to rush even though I personally jumped the gun coz I figured for 14 bucks I'm not really risking much.

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #14,133 of 16,931
Well, this is open to interpretation .One might say that if you got one and it's legit you'll be saving $25. It's one of those glass half full or half empty things :tongue_smile:   This whole thing was kinda weird coz usually if it's just a limited amount discount you get something like crossed off list price, the amount you're saving below and the current discounted price and this had nothing like this. Anyway, technically I didn't stop anyone from buying one - just advised people not to rush even though I personally jumped the gun coz I figured for 14 bucks I'm not really risking much.

Pls update us when they arrived ..thks :D

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #14,134 of 16,931

I could get Sennheiser CX 685 or those new ATH-SPORT3 BK for around the same price ( 45 € ) . Hmm I was kinda settled for CKX5 already but now I really don't know anymore. And there aren't any reviews out for those new SPORT3 yet.

Well I have the CKP200 which the Sport1 is the new model of. The CX685 in head to head has a better sound than the CKP200 but not a big difference. The Sport3 should be the best sounding of bunch plus a good case(waterproof) and the CKX5 again is not over the ear nor IPX rated. SonicFuel line is not the SonicSport line and not washable/sweat resistant and doesn't come with a clip like the Sport3 does. If they are really for running and sweating etc then those features should come in handy.

AT is pretty reliable in their specs giving an indication of what they think performs better. The Sport3's 10-25,000 bests the CKX5's 15-22,000 plus AT is solid in providing improvement in newer models. A safe bet the current top sport model will sound better than the entry model of the Sonicfuel line. Besides over the ear killing more microphonics, the form factor more similar to the M6, Westone/Shure etc. should be better. Joker can chime in on which form factor is good for sports/active stuff.

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #14,135 of 16,931

Well I have the CKP200 which the Sport1 is the new model of. The CX685 in head to head has a better sound than the CKP200 but not a big difference. The Sport3 should be the best sounding of bunch plus a good case(waterproof) and the CKX5 again is not over the ear nor IPX rated. SonicFuel line is not the SonicSport line and not washable/sweat resistant and doesn't come with a clip like the Sport3 does. If they are really for running and sweating etc then those features should come in handy.

AT is pretty reliable in their specs giving an indication of what they think performs better. The Sport3's 10-25,000 bests the CKX5's 15-22,000 plus AT is solid in providing improvement in newer models. A safe bet the current top sport model will sound better than the entry model of the Sonicfuel line. Besides over the ear killing more microphonics, the form factor more similar to the M6, Westone/Shure etc. should be better. Joker can chime in on which form factor is good for sports/active stuff.

where to buy this man , i will buy the sports 3 !! its so sexy !!

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #14,136 of 16,931
will buy from uk or usa , but not from japan , i cant understand what they have wrote .

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #14,137 of 16,931

where to buy this man , i will buy the sports 3 !! its so sexy !!

jant71 provided the link where to buy them:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-37391

You have shipping charge calculator below as well.

Yeah, I am strongly leaning towards those sport3 now, especially because you provided me some very strong points. Over the ear is better than fin (for microphonics), IPX certificate and they are smaller. Thanks again for your feedback.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #14,138 of 16,931
 me likey , i can understand this !! i will buy , let me see how much im left with .

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #14,139 of 16,931

Yeah, I am strongly leaning towards those sport3 now, especially because you provided me some very strong points. Over the ear is better than fin (for microphonics), IPX certificate and they are smaller. Thanks again for your feedback.

I think I'll grab a pair as well. Just listening to my CKP200's and they always seem to impress even vs. my reference Tenore, S5's and other higher level phones. Should still be that enjoyable listen with better SQ. AT has done well lately with an update to the house sound that is very fun and friendly and holds it's draw so you don't get tired of it. The case is nice as well esp. an outside pocket which, for me, will be usable.

They are my current avatar also since they are quite easy on the eyes
biggrin.gif
! That doesn't hurt either!
A new pic,from e-earphone japan, of them in the package now that they are in stock...

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #14,140 of 16,931

I think I'll grab a pair as well. Just listening to my CKP200's and they always seem to impress even vs. my reference Tenore, S5's and other higher level phones. Should still be that enjoyable listen with better SQ. AT has done well lately with an update to the house sound that is very fun and friendly and holds it's draw so you don't get tired of it. The case is nice as well esp. an outside pocket which, for me, will be usable.

They are my current avatar also since they are quite easy on the eyes
biggrin.gif
! That doesn't hurt either!
A new pic,from e-earphone japan, of them in the package now that they are in stock...

They really do look good. This design is for over the ear only though, right? Can't be worn straight down ?

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #14,141 of 16,931
The housings would work flipped for straight down but the problem would be the ear guide portion which most likely limits them to over the ear.

I, myself, am not too fond of the memory wire portion. I thought about the Sport2 since it is an odd 28ohm model and is also quite a handsome little person :) that looks quite comfy/easy to fit.

Tempting but you leave some SQ and the case on the table. Still take the 2 over the CKX5 as it has the clip, new quieter cord, waterproof rating, and a flusher fit. Still has the new 10mm driver and should at least match the CKX5 SQ if not be slightly better. This is also replacing the C-chip design of the older model(http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/a7b44679edb6aba6/index.html) which one would hope improved over it.

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #14,142 of 16,931
  Hi Joker! Any initial impressions on the Ostry KC06?

That it's a bit harsh/uneven in the treble but otherwise very capable, especially considering the price.  

Btw, as I was going to give my Philips TX2 to my brother I decided I would buy a white pair for myself to replace it and ran into a whole bunch of $14 offers for the TX2 on ebay. I know for a fact that these are the exact same sellers who were selling it for $39 months ago, so I don't know what's going on. I picked a random seller with high reputation as the one I got my first pair from is one of the few who still has the standard price but I'll report when or if I receive my pair. Coz if it all turns out well a TX2 for 14 bucks will be an insane bargain. 

Might have been some sort of temporary pricing issue/error in a distributor feed, which would affect all sellers using the feed. My bet is it's a legit TX2, which is a hell of a deal (assuming it gets shipped out to you).

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #14,143 of 16,931

Might have been some sort of temporary pricing issue/error in a distributor feed, which would affect all sellers using the feed. My bet is it's a legit TX2, which is a hell of a deal (assuming it gets shipped out to you).

Yeah, you're probably right. And I just got a refund from the seller and he cancelled the order saying that he has only one pair left and it's broken, which is obviously a blatant lie as he had listed more than 10 available and didn't sell any more, so most likely a pricing error.
I just rolled with it and accepted the cancellation coz I'm not in the mood to argue with sellers who act like kids and feel the need to lie instead of just explaining the situation.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #14,144 of 16,931
  Yeah, you're probably right. And I just got a refund from the seller and he cancelled the order saying that he has only one pair left and it's broken, which is obviously a blatant lie as he had listed more than 10 available and didn't sell any more, so most likely a pricing error.
I just rolled with it and accepted the cancellation coz I'm not in the mood to argue with sellers who act like kids and feel the need to lie instead of just explaining the situation.

Makes sense, unfortunately. No deal of the year this time...

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #14,145 of 16,931
ljokerl, after the Piston review I'll need to believe the hype and buy one to my sister 
beerchug.gif

--
Let's say if the Beyerdynamics DTX 71 iE is sold for around US$20, would it get a 10/10 in the value?

I was looking to a Vivo IEM on Aliexpress (XE 800) and found another interesting one.
Original-BBK-vivo-MMX71iE-Hi-Fi-Earphone-For-Xplay-X510w-font-b-X1-b-font-X1S.jpg
20140328_53353fd558cc4.jpg

This is the MMX 71 iE, it's a Vivo IEM designed by Beyerdynamic, like the XE800 is designed by Vsonic.
The drivers looks to be almost the same as the DTX 71, only the sensitivy is different.

And the name follows the beyerdynamic name, changing the DTX to MMX:
DTX 101 iE = MMX 101 iE ( with mic.)
DTX 71 iE = MMX 71 iE (with mic.)

I bought one for US$15, because they were on sale, but they're easily find for US$20. I'm from Brazil so it'll take one or two months to arrive, but if you're interested in knowing anything about them, I can write something here after I get them.

http://shop.vivo.com.cn/product-658.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back