Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #14,116 of 16,931

Hey joker. Can you recommend any in ear headphones for running? For around 50€.

I am using a Meelec M6 following joker's recommendation. It sounds good and the fit and price are perfect for something that will wear and tear a lot during running.

Yeah, this is still the one I recommend most often for sports. Pretty decent and priced to almost be disposable. The ATH-CKX series is good as well, just less disposable. They start at around $50 here in the US. The only other sweat-resistant set I've tried recently was the Westone Adventure Alpha and that was pretty disappointing. 

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #14,117 of 16,931
Damn ATH-CKX9 look so freaking sexy. The only store I can buy them from is amazon.de, for 80€. Is it really worth it over those cheap M6? I could't find those particular sets in joker's review list. You guys have any reliable reviews on them ?

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #14,118 of 16,931
  Damn ATH-CKX9 look so freaking sexy. The only store I can buy them from is amazon.de, for 80€. Is it really worth it over those cheap M6? I could't find those particular sets in joker's review list. You guys have any reliable reviews on them ?

Ask me , i will say a big yess !! has far more details and these guys dont depend on cable guides to stay in place , they use wings and to me these are more sturdy and stable . but keep in mind that these are kind of huge , you know like a 16mm driver inside it ( which it has ) , so keeping the size in mind chose between ckx-9 or 7 . 7 is smaller and will fit a smaller ear but ckx-9 might not fit cuz the whole driver is supposed to be in side your ear .

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #14,119 of 16,931

I have the cheaper CKX5 (which should be in your price range) and it's good. Has that typical audio-technica sound - plenty of bass, clear mids, crisp but slightly edgy treble. V-shaped sound, but not severely so. The CKX5 model is the smallest of the three and it's still pretty big, but definitely manageable. The rubber ear fin thing can be removed if necessary, though they look ugly without it. 

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #14,120 of 16,931
  Hey joker. Can you recommend any in ear headphones for running? For around 50€.

You'd probably want over the ear for running. AT has some new ones in that price range...http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php%3FmodelId%3D2619&prev=/search%3Fq%3DATH-sport3%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DV1n%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial

For sale here for ~36.50 before shipping choice if you have a way to buy them...http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-37391

M6 is okay but you might want better sound. CKX are made to stay in but don't really cure running microphonics like over the ear can. There should be other choices on Amazon if you are limited to it. Should be the Senn/addidas CX685 on there.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #14,121 of 16,931

You'd probably want over the ear for running. AT has some new ones in that price range...http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php%3FmodelId%3D2619&prev=/search%3Fq%3DATH-sport3%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DV1n%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial

Those probably wont be available in Europe anytime soon. ATH-CKX5 seems like perfect buds for me, and they priced really good. The only thing i'm concerning about is how will the fit hold? I mean, because of those wings, I wont be able to wear them over the ear right ? How is the fit while running ? I never had any headphones with that kind of design before. Cheers for all the answers !

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #14,123 of 16,931
Btw, as I was going to give my Philips TX2 to my brother I decided I would buy a white pair for myself to replace it and ran into a whole bunch of $14 offers for the TX2 on ebay. I know for a fact that these are the exact same sellers who were selling it for $39 months ago, so I don't know what's going on. I picked a random seller with high reputation as the one I got my first pair from is one of the few who still has the standard price but I'll report when or if I receive my pair. Coz if it all turns out well a TX2 for 14 bucks will be an insane bargain. 

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #14,125 of 16,931
  Well, damn. I just bought an XBA-1 for 10 bucks, and I've got my VSD3S in my ears all the time these days. Are they better in any way than what I've got?

Well, easily better than xba-1. I found some unidentified tips in my collection that made it sound even more spacious and with a bit better separation than the other, so I personally slightly prefer it over Vsd1. As far as vsd3s, the tx2 bears some similarities with it but if this thing turns out to be legit the tx2 will be a third of vsd3s' price.And for people looking for something more neutral-ish that has a mic this would be a great bargain. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #14,127 of 16,931
  I agree, that's a steal. Hoping it turns out to be legit.

Well, we'll have to wait to see. It's weird coz these aren't some new random sellers. These are the exact same sellers who were selling it for 40 bucks before and if you check their sales history you'll see that they sold pairs until a few wees ago for 40. The seller I chose has actually sold one white pair for $43 just 3 weeks ago, so as I said I have no idea what's happening.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #14,128 of 16,931

For sale here for ~36.50 before shipping choice if you have a way to buy them...http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOACS-37391

M6 is okay but you might want better sound. CKX are made to stay in but don't really cure running microphonics like over the ear can. There should be other choices on Amazon if you are limited to it. Should be the Senn/addidas CX685 on there.

I could get Sennheiser CX 685 or those new ATH-SPORT3 BK for around the same price ( 45 € ) . Hmm I was kinda settled for CKX5 already but now I really don't know anymore. And there aren't any reviews out for those new SPORT3 yet.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #14,129 of 16,931
Btw, the TX2 prices are all back up including for the one I bought.
confused.gif
It's Sunday, so I haven't heard from the seller for an update on my order but if he doesn't cancel my order and actually sends me a tx2 all the people I advised to wait will be very mad at me 
rolleyes.gif
 Maybe they jusy had a 1-day only sale or something or just a pricing mistake but more than 4 sellers had the $14.09 and $14.11 price, so I don't know what happened.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #14,130 of 16,931
Btw, the TX2 prices are all back up including for the one I bought.:confused: It's Sunday, so I haven't heard from the seller for an update on my order but if he doesn't cancel my order and actually sends me a tx2 all the people I advised to wait will be very mad at me :rolleyes:  Maybe they jusy had a 1-day only sale or something or just a pricing mistake but more than 4 sellers had the $14.09 and $14.11 price, so I don't know what happened.

That's too bad ..no mad ...its cool :cool: .....another 14$ saving ..kekekeke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back