Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 27, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #1,038 of 16,931
I mean that IEM I talked about before, they don't sell it outside Japan. And afaik DHP-II normal price is around $90, you lucky American just get the better deal, like always. I'm envious. 
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #1,039 of 16,931

Quote:
The DHP ii's??? Right around $30 shipped on Amazon. And they sell in the US. And they are the best buy in headphones to date, period.

for $30, I just might try them out, but I'm concerned with users complaining about disintegrating headbands etc etc....

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #1,040 of 16,931
So Joker, will we ever see the SR-001/003 on this list? It would be interesting to see how they compare to the rest...

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #1,042 of 16,931
Just wanted to say thanks to Jude for the front-page feature and to Hero Kid for the suggestion
beerchug.gif
. Autographs all around!

Quote:
So Joker, will we ever see the SR-001/003 on this list? It would be interesting to see how they compare to the rest...

Probably not - I think I'm more likely to turn to customs than 'stats. 

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #1,043 of 16,931
I would have never noticed. I bookmark the forum list page since I find the front page useless. Looks like more people may have you to thank for their wallets being a bit lighter :p

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #1,044 of 16,931
Congrats on the front page feature! Hopefully this will mean less 'I'm looking for new IEMs' threads where I just link straight to this thread.

Pity about the Staxen, though - they're actually pretty affordable compared to most of those top-tier universals.

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #1,045 of 16,931
Congrats. About time.

Oct 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #1,046 of 16,931
Indeed - great news this mammoth epic has front page status.

If I can make a suggestion, I'd like to see the whole enterprise formatted in a way that allows users to post comments against each iem, with their own impressions or feedback.

Is that possible?

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #1,047 of 16,931

Quote:
I would have never noticed. I bookmark the forum list page since I find the front page useless. Looks like more people may have you to thank for their wallets being a bit lighter :p

Joker's threads are always the first pages I navigate on head-fi to see if he has any new reviews. Without a doubt, he ensures to cram as much information into every post he is able, and puts just as much dedication into a $2 dollar IEM than he does a $200 IEM.  Without question, they have been very vital in assisting my future decisions on headphone purchases. I actually bookmark both of Joker's in-ear/portable comparison threads, as I find all of his detailed reviews extremely informative. Quite frankly, I'm VERY surprised that it took 115 IEM reviews (not including the portables thread) before head-fi considered giving him the recognition that he deserves by the home page presentation, and believe that he is still due credit. Joker, thank you for all of the work and effort you put towards your reviews, and I look forward to reading them for many headphones to come.

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #1,048 of 16,931
Would the IE8, UM3X, or W3 give me a sound like my HD-650s? I think UM3X is more of a monitor, so the bass would probably be lacking for my tastes in rock and electronica.

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #1,049 of 16,931
I'm sure if he reviewed million dollar plastic music players designed by chimps and mental looking ear covering sound machines for which you need warehouses crammed with amplification gear, he'd have been all over the front pages by now.

Quote:

Quote:

Joker's threads are always the first pages I navigate on head-fi to see if he has any new reviews. Without a doubt, he ensures to cram as much information into every post he is able, and puts just as much dedication into a $2 dollar IEM than he does a $200 IEM.  Without question, they have been very vital in assisting my future decisions on headphone purchases. I actually bookmark both of Joker's in-ear/portable comparison threads, as I find all of his detailed reviews extremely informative. Quite frankly, I'm VERY surprised that it took 115 IEM reviews (not including the portables thread) before head-fi considered giving him the recognition that he deserves by the home page presentation, and believe that he is still due credit. Joker, thank you for all of the work and effort you put towards your reviews, and I look forward to reading them for many headphones to come.

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #1,050 of 16,931

Quote:
I'm sure if he reviewed million dollar plastic music players designed by chimps and mental looking ear covering sound machines for which you need warehouses crammed with amplification gear, he'd have been all over the front pages by now.

Lol Benny.  I don't think anyone will be able to explain your next ban either.  
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back