Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 11, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #6,931 of 16,931
Quote:

MEElec A151 if you're in the US. You may even have budget left over for some Complys. Otherwise you may want to go for a straight-barrel and wear it over-the-ear - an Etymotic MC5 or EtyKids would be the best bet for isolation.

i dont live in the US so the A151 is more tha $50 for me.
how does the Astrotec AM-90 isolate?

May 11, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #6,932 of 16,931
Quote:
Quote:

MEElec A151 if you're in the US. You may even have budget left over for some Complys. Otherwise you may want to go for a straight-barrel and wear it over-the-ear - an Etymotic MC5 or EtyKids would be the best bet for isolation.

they'r $50 at ebay, shipping is $7 though

May 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #6,933 of 16,931
Quote:

If that 50% off MG7 coupon is still active that would be one. Otherwise the Hippo VB or maybe even Velodyne vPulse.

Thanks joker, I have purchased MG7 from ebay. It will take approx. 15 days to reach me.

So Atrio MG7 is the best IEM when it comes to bass quantity and quality?

Does it has more bass than the Brainwavz M2 and Eterna V1?

Also Does Atrio MG7 needs any portable AMP to reveal it's true potential?

I have Nationite Nanite N2.

May 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #6,934 of 16,931
Hey.

Here I've had the custom monitors done and these *still* need balancing. Oh well.
(These Spiral Ear SE-5 Reference are balanced about like bright Beyerdynamic T1. Other than this, I think nothing can beat the quality.
For fans of graphs, here's the correction: http://ompldr.org/vZG9jdg )

I'd like something for portable use when I can't use the equalizer rig,
that's balanced and built for quality like Monster Turbine Pro Gold, but with better ergonomics and less bling.
Deep fit IEMs are better as shallow fit is hard due to a narrow part of ear canal.
Perhaps like Brainwavz B2, but better.
Fisher's new DBA-02 mkII? But those are for shallow fit and I have problems with that.

Any recommendations?

May 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #6,936 of 16,931
Quote:
joker what would be your favorite picks for two training in-ear below 100? Something that have good comfort, great cable with no microphonics and stays in the ear.
One that is balanced, have good midrange and would work great for rock and metal and one with stronger bass that would suit bassheavy electronic music.

Westone 1 is around that price. Also VSonic GR06 + cable guides. For stronger bass maybe the Shure SE215 or if that's not enough bass - the Eterna + cable guides. 

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the Denon C710? No review of them in this thread, and right now im thinking of either those or the FXT-90's. How different are they, and which are better for all around use? Also what are some other options in that kind of price range? ~130USD

There's a review of the C710, it's number (2B3).

Quote:

Almost as well as the A151 but it's a straight-barrel design so you might as well have an Ety if they're available. 

Quote:

Thanks joker, I have purchased MG7 from ebay. It will take approx. 15 days to reach me.

So Atrio MG7 is the best IEM when it comes to bass quantity and quality?

Does it has more bass than the Brainwavz M2 and Eterna V1?

Also Does Atrio MG7 needs any portable AMP to reveal it's true potential?

I have Nationite Nanite N2.

The N2 should be more than sufficient for an MG7. I must have recommended it for a reason but I wouldn't have said that it has the best bass quality at a high quantity - among universals that's still the JVC FX700 in my book.

Quote:

The MKII isn't for shallow fit. If anything, it's a lot easier to achieve a deep fit with it. What gave you that impression?

+1. Although I wouldn't call it an upgrade over the B2, but then it depends on what you're after.

May 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #6,937 of 16,931
hey everybody....i need a BASS HEAVY IEM, my budget is $50
i don't know much about highs and mids and stuff so my main concern is BASS although other things matter too, but not so much..
so what are my options..any help will be much appreciated..:)

May 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #6,939 of 16,931
Comparing the RE262's to the JVC HA-FXT-90s...what are the big differences? In the review of the RE262, what does  cable-down fit not for everyone mean? :/ What are some other similar earphones compared to the JVC's? 

also would you recommend the 262's if its not possible for me to try them out first hand before buying? Cos I can and have tried out the FXT90 but havent tried the 262's yet

May 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #6,940 of 16,931
Quote:
The MKII isn't for shallow fit. If anything, it's a lot easier to achieve a deep fit with it. What gave you that impression?

See, I've even had problems with GR07, mostly due to the short tips and the fact that nothing really fits it.
With RE272, I couldn't get deep fit due to 4.5mm nozzle and lack of deep tips of that kind. It's telling when the marshmellow-like tips fit the best.
Perhaps I should grab a Monster fit kit?

I still didn't get a recommendation. Perhaps I should get MTPG and apply file and paint job to it? 
rolleyes.gif

(Other than that, RE272 broke due to cable hardening; I'm on to fixing them - I don't think warranty will do any good, it's a cable flaw, probably silicone sheath. Needs to be replaced in full.)

May 11, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #6,941 of 16,931
Quote:
See, I've even had problems with GR07, mostly due to the short tips and the fact that nothing really fits it.
With RE272, I couldn't get deep fit due to 4.5mm nozzle and lack of deep tips of that kind. It's telling when the marshmellow-like tips fit the best.
Perhaps I should grab a Monster fit kit?

I still didn't get a recommendation. Perhaps I should get MTPG and apply file and paint job to it? 
rolleyes.gif

(Other than that, RE272 broke due to cable hardening; I'm on to fixing them - I don't think warranty will do any good, it's a cable flaw, probably silicone sheath. Needs to be replaced in full.)

These should solve your problems

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Triple_flange_Eartips_p/tipset3-tf35l-mrg-bk.htm

May 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #6,942 of 16,931
why dont you try a meelec M11+ or a yamaha eph-50 , or i think ue 350 will do too .

May 11, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #6,943 of 16,931
Quote:

The N2 should be more than sufficient for an MG7. I must have recommended it for a reason but I wouldn't have said that it has the best bass quality at a high quantity - among universals that's still the JVC FX700 in my book.

ok so For pure bass quality with quantity, Your favorite is JVC FX700. But I am afraid of sibilance issue and fatigue issues with the JVC FX700. So after JVC FX700, it is MG7 which is the best in bass(quantity with quality)?

So out of FX700 and MG7, which one would you call the "Quality over Quantity bass" IEM?

One more question: Does amping help in the case of MG7? Any external amp like FiiO E11 or so?

May 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #6,944 of 16,931
Quote:

So out of FX700 and MG7, which one would you call the "Quality over Quantity bass" IEM?

The FX700 is the definition of "no compromise." if you want both quantity AND quality, the FX700 is it. I haven't heard the MG7, but from reviews and chats with friends, the only strength the MG7 has is its sub-bass. The FX700 has everything, and one of the most addictive presentations I've heard in any iem or headphone.

As for sibilance, the FX700 is energetic but never, ever sibilant.

May 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #6,945 of 16,931
Quote:

Nope, triple flange tips like those are far too bulky for my ears. I'd need something a lot more slim.
Plus I'm not in the US, so getting most MEElectronics hardware is not easy.

Also, I'm not quite satisfied with GR07's tonal balance.
(high bass/low mid overload where I'd rather have more low bass, nasty sibilant boost, lacking highest end)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back