Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #6,916 of 16,931
Hey Joker could you help me getting a iem with good isolation.
i have the brainwavz m1 but i need much better isolation. I was thinking about the PL50 but you gave it a 3 for isolation and the m1 a 3,5 so i geus that wouldn't be a good choice.

budget is about $50, i prefer a over the ear design and want a mid centric or balanced sound.

thx
S.

May 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #6,917 of 16,931
Quote:

Really depends on what type of vocal presentation you like. There's no right or wrong answer - some like vocals to be extremely clear and breathy (e.g. FAD FI-BA-SS) and others prefer a warmer, thicker, more lush and seductive presentation (e.g. Earsonics SM2). I like the FitEar MH334 myself
etysmile.gif

Thank you. 

May 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #6,918 of 16,931
Quote:
Joker, any first impressions on the Astrotec AM-90? How does it stack against the MEElec A151? ClieOS says it really is similar in performance and signature...

Yeah, I think Astrotec got it right with this one. I have not A:Bed with A151 yet but without a direct comparison it does sound pretty similar. Better than that, I very much like the build quality and fit. Also the accessory pack. Pretty much everything about it, really. Keep in mind the A151 is currently pretty cheap here in the US (usually <$55) so it'll be interesting to see which comes out on top.

Quote:
Hey Joker could you help me getting a iem with good isolation.
i have the brainwavz m1 but i need much better isolation. I was thinking about the PL50 but you gave it a 3 for isolation and the m1 a 3,5 so i geus that wouldn't be a good choice.

budget is about $50, i prefer a over the ear design and want a mid centric or balanced sound.

thx
S.

MEElec A151 if you're in the US. You may even have budget left over for some Complys. Otherwise you may want to go for a straight-barrel and wear it over-the-ear - an Etymotic MC5 or EtyKids would be the best bet for isolation.

May 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #6,919 of 16,931
Hello

My ViSang R03 have broken down, unfortunately. So I'm looking for replacements, around the same price as the ViSangs. Which would be aprox. €50 or $65.

Sofar the Vsonic GR06 have caught my attention, but also the cheaper GR02 Bass edition. The last one isn't included in the reviews yet, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.
I really want the best for my money,

I will use them on a iPod classic 120gb, although I'm considering getting a Sansa because I've heard many good things about it's equalizer.
I do not have an amp. I mostly listen to metal, rock and some drum &bass/dubstep.

If there are other IEM's I should look at in this price range, please tell me.

Thanks.

May 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #6,920 of 16,931
Quote:

Yeah, I think Astrotec got it right with this one. I have not A:Bed with A151 yet but without a direct comparison it does sound pretty similar. Better than that, I very much like the build quality and fit. Also the accessory pack. Pretty much everything about it, really. Keep in mind the A151 is currently pretty cheap here in the US (usually <$55) so it'll be interesting to see which comes out on top.

Yup, and it's their first IEM to boot!
Can't wait for the review! Really interested to see who'll win... from a usability standpoint (comfort, isolation, etc) it seems both are also very good it seems....

May 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #6,921 of 16,931

Just bought Astrotec AM90 for only 168 yuan(about 26 USD). If they sound pretty similar , then I guess, Astrotec would probably be on top of A151

May 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #6,922 of 16,931
Quote:
Just bought Astrotec AM90 for only 168 yuan(about 26 USD). If they sound pretty similar , then I guess, Astrotec would probably be on top of A151

Yes, that is true, in China, the MSRP is 168RMB....
But the price would only be half the story... SQ and usability will be taken into account too....

May 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #6,923 of 16,931
Quote:
The GR06 is more balanced than bass-heavy. Doesn't seem like that's what you wanted but it is a good headphone.

Didn't realize the GR06 wasn't bass-heavy. I have a friend going to the states so I'll be able to save on shipping now. Now it's back to the E10 or the id Sparks. Which one has a better soundstage? How does the bass from the E10 compare to the Sparks?

I'm finding picking an IEM is a lot harder than choosing a headphone. There is much more choice under the $100 than for headphones. 

May 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #6,925 of 16,931
So who's the rich billionaire that loaned K3003i to Joker?
......jealous.

May 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #6,926 of 16,931
Quote:
Hello

My ViSang R03 have broken down, unfortunately. So I'm looking for replacements, around the same price as the ViSangs. Which would be aprox. €50 or $65.

Sofar the Vsonic GR06 have caught my attention, but also the cheaper GR02 Bass edition. The last one isn't included in the reviews yet, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.
I really want the best for my money,

I will use them on a iPod classic 120gb, although I'm considering getting a Sansa because I've heard many good things about it's equalizer.
I do not have an amp. I mostly listen to metal, rock and some drum &bass/dubstep.

Not sure what I think of the GR02 yet but the GR06 is a great buy with that budget.

Quote:

I was thinking which one will land higher on the chart - the price only comes into play there when two IEMs tie with the same average score.

Quote:

Didn't realize the GR06 wasn't bass-heavy. I have a friend going to the states so I'll be able to save on shipping now. Now it's back to the E10 or the id Sparks. Which one has a better soundstage? How does the bass from the E10 compare to the Sparks?

I'm finding picking an IEM is a lot harder than choosing a headphone. There is much more choice under the $100 than for headphones. 

The E10 has a wider/more spacious stage but the Sparks have slightly better layering and separation. The Sparks have harder-hitting, more explosive bass while the E10's bass is a little softer and slower.

Quote:
So who's the rich billionaire that loaned K3003i to Joker?
......jealous.

It's on loan from uncle AKG

May 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #6,927 of 16,931
Quote:
The E10 has a wider/more spacious stage but the Sparks have slightly better layering and separation. The Sparks have harder-hitting, more explosive bass while the E10's bass is a little softer and slower.

When you guys are talking about bass, are you talking about mid-bass or sub-bass. I realize I like more mid-bass after purchasing the Denon D2000 which everyone says have hard hitting sub-bass. At the time I was deciding between the Denon D2000 and the Ultrasone PRO 900. From what I hear the bass on the Ultrasone PRO 900 has good mid-bass. 

So since I'm looking for mid-bass to listen to house music which one of these iem has a stronger mid-bass?

I've also ran across the MEElectronics A151-BK selling for $52 at Amazon.com. Seems like a real good price drop considering that the MEE website sells it for $75.

EDIT: Just read a review that the A151 isn't what I'm looking for but still a great deal I think. 

May 10, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #6,928 of 16,931
Quote:

When you guys are talking about bass, are you talking about mid-bass or sub-bass. I realize I like more mid-bass after purchasing the Denon D2000 which everyone says have hard hitting sub-bass. At the time I was deciding between the Denon D2000 and the Ultrasone PRO 900. From what I hear the bass on the Ultrasone PRO 900 has good mid-bass. 

So since I'm looking for mid-bass to listen to house music which one of these iem has a stronger mid-bass?

The D2k wasn't overly bassy for me, not in the way the lower-end D1100 was. The TFTA 1V probably has the most mid-bass I've heard from an IEM.

May 11, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #6,929 of 16,931
joker what would be your favorite picks for two training in-ear below 100? Something that have good comfort, great cable with no microphonics and stays in the ear.
One that is balanced, have good midrange and would work great for rock and metal and one with stronger bass that would suit bassheavy electronic music.

May 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #6,930 of 16,931
What are your thoughts on the Denon C710? No review of them in this thread, and right now im thinking of either those or the FXT-90's. How different are they, and which are better for all around use? Also what are some other options in that kind of price range? ~130USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back