Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 21, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #5,731 of 16,931

Quote:
Impressive indeed

1. [size=9pt]Memory wire that conforms to the ear for a locked-in fit[/size]
  2. [size=9pt]A modular cable system for ease of use[/size]
  3. [size=9pt]Enhanced sweat resistance for added workout durability[/size]
  4. [size=9pt]Tangle resistant, color matched, noise-free cable[/size]
  5. [size=9pt]Superior enhanced bass that is tight and powerful[/size]
  6. [size=9pt]Noise-isolating in-ear design reduces background noise[/size]
  7. [size=9pt]Sport-inspired two-tone color scheme[/size]
  8. [size=9pt]Flush-in-the-ear design reduces wind noise and fits under most helmets[/size]
  9. [size=9pt]Includes neoprene sports armband, zipper carrying case, and 6 pairs of ear tips[/size]

1. [size=9pt]1 year manufacturer warranty*[/size]

I would actually use mine when I bike so the noise isolation kind of scares me.  Though for the gym this would be useful.  I'll just wait until they give it away for like 20 bucks or something.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #5,732 of 16,931
Quote:
I had the so loved GR07,i sell them just for an fitting issue. But i'm looking for some customs now, can you tell me something with more soundstage and sparkling treble than gr07??
not passing the 600$.

removable cable, silicone, fairly neutral not v-shaped eq, good instrument texture.

The Sony EX series (310/510/600/700/800/1000)

Custom IEM... why silicone?  For silicone you can try contacting Alien Ears - http://www.alienears.com/products/221-sq5-five-driver-detachable-crd-mitr.aspx

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #5,733 of 16,931
FI-BA-SS at 9.3 and K2 SP at 9.4.

Hoping for a review of K3003 and PFE232 soon
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #5,734 of 16,931
Jan 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #5,735 of 16,931
I miss this thread kinda :p I've since stopped with portable since I moved onto full sized so don't get to check out this area as much as I used to.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #5,736 of 16,931

Quote:
I miss this thread kinda :p I've since stopped with portable since I moved onto full sized so don't get to check out this area as much as I used to.

Good to see you around! Lucky I'm still fixated on portable audio or this would get even more expensive.

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #5,737 of 16,931

keteki, it was originaly posted by me, not dayhuman xD (maybe a mistake, its ok:)

I THINK silicone because it won't break as easily as hard materials, it will be more confortable, better to be in bed with my ear on pillow. and the most important one, it will seal better, therefore better sound.

joker,
Thank you, it cleared and narrowed my options=) I was already pointing to the ctm 300 pro but i cant find no one talking about them here in head fi, and by the info on the website i cant tell if there is a driver for bass, other for mid ands other for treble  as im looking for, OR 2 bass, 1mids/treble.

miracle is a little expensive, if i had the money i'd go for them:D

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #5,738 of 16,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe it /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great review and gread IEM.
cool.gif

At the moment, the best universal IEM in my taste; I could not think to use an with less bass.

Even if i have not yet heard, i do not think that i can use with satisfaction a great IEM as 272, for example, just for the lack of bass.

It is lighter than GR07, that's for sure, but responds extremely well to equalization. However the "punch" requires perfect fit and that's not for everyone.
Especially beware if you have tiny and/or highly curved (esp. downwards) ear canals.
Also, calling GR07 bass light is doing it a huge disservice. It has only 3dB less bass than Brainwavz M2, which is a bass monster (though more of mid-bass kind). However the presentation of it is... slightly hollow, light and not as textured as some, not kicky/punchy, which masks the amount.
In comparison, a well fitted RE272 is far more punchy and controlled, but lacks in magnitude - easily fixed by an equalizer, esp. bass boost of the Digizoid Zo (which I don't have).

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #5,739 of 16,931
Impressive indeed

1. [SIZE=9pt]Memory wire that conforms to the ear for a locked-in fit[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=9pt]A modular cable system for ease of use[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=9pt]Enhanced sweat resistance for added workout durability[/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE=9pt]Tangle resistant, color matched, noise-free cable[/SIZE]
  5. [SIZE=9pt]Superior enhanced bass that is tight and powerful[/SIZE]
  6. [SIZE=9pt]Noise-isolating in-ear design reduces background noise[/SIZE]
  7. [SIZE=9pt]Sport-inspired two-tone color scheme[/SIZE]
  8. [SIZE=9pt]Flush-in-the-ear design reduces wind noise and fits under most helmets[/SIZE]
  9. [SIZE=9pt]Includes neoprene sports armband, zipper carrying case, and 6 pairs of ear tips[/SIZE]

1. [SIZE=9pt]1 year manufacturer warranty*[/SIZE]

I really hope the S6's modular cable system refers to detachable cables at the IEM's end, but I believe that simply refers to the cable extension...

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #5,740 of 16,931

Quote:
It is lighter than GR07, that's for sure, but responds extremely well to equalization. However the "punch" requires perfect fit and that's not for everyone.
Especially beware if you have tiny and/or highly curved (esp. downwards) ear canals.
Also, calling GR07 bass light is doing it a huge disservice. It has only 3dB less bass than Brainwavz M2, which is a bass monster (though more of mid-bass kind). However the presentation of it is... slightly hollow, light and not as textured as some, not kicky/punchy, which masks the amount.
In comparison, a well fitted RE272 is far more punchy and controlled, but lacks in magnitude - easily fixed by an equalizer, esp. bass boost of the Digizoid Zo (which I don't have).

I was spoken of JVC HA-FXT90. With the JVC i found a good fit after 2-3 days. I agree that it is very important. 

I have not spoken of the GR7 because I have not heard it. I am sure that the GR7 sounds very good but I don't like aesthetically and  can only wear ' over-the-ear '.

I was talking solely for my direct experience.

Regarding the 272, do not take into account (at moment) as universal an IEM, that  to be complete, require  an amp-equalizer.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #5,741 of 16,931

Quote:

It was quite noisy on the show floor and I only had a couple of minutes so I'd rather not put a number on it. I did think that I would like to compare it to the Fischer SBA-03 and Ety HF5, which are two of the best <$150 single armatures I've come across.

Do you have any preliminary thoughts, opinions, or comments on the UE600 joker?  Been thinking about picking those up for a while now.

Jan 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #5,742 of 16,931
hi ljokerl !

what do you think will be the best BA for me suppose that i already have a ex1000 as my DDs and love it.. i am looking at the W4s, but don't you think it's just another neutral iem with the ex1000s at hand?

what about the shure 535 special edition? they said it has improvements over its predecessor and I don't know if it still lags behind in details as what you've said on your 535 review..

i really like instrument separation and that 3d thing around the head like on my ex1000s..

thank you

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #5,743 of 16,931

Quote:
I really hope the S6's modular cable system refers to detachable cables at the IEM's end, but I believe that simply refers to the cable extension...

It's only the cable extension like this:

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #5,744 of 16,931

Quote:
joker,
Thank you, it cleared and narrowed my options=) I was already pointing to the ctm 300 pro but i cant find no one talking about them here in head fi, and by the info on the website i cant tell if there is a driver for bass, other for mid ands other for treble  as im looking for, OR 2 bass, 1mids/treble.

IIRC the 300 pro is a 3-way system but you may want to send them an email to double-check.

uote:

There are photos up on the meelec site. Looks like it's just a 2-piece cable a-la JAYS or old Shures.

Quote:

Do you have any preliminary thoughts, opinions, or comments on the UE600 joker?  Been thinking about picking those up for a while now.

Mine is an SF5V2 - presumably the same. I like it much better than the SF3 and SF4 - things that stand out are the rather well-layered stage and the mid-centric balance. The mids are very good, actually. Everything else is just decent.

Quote:
hi ljokerl !

what do you think will be the best BA for me suppose that i already have a ex1000 as my DDs and love it.. i am looking at the W4s, but don't you think it's just another neutral iem with the ex1000s at hand?

what about the shure 535 special edition? they said it has improvements over its predecessor and I don't know if it still lags behind in details as what you've said on your 535 review..

i really like instrument separation and that 3d thing around the head like on my ex1000s..

thank you

I am not aware of a BA-based universal with a headstage as big as that of the EX1000. The W4 is more tame (or dull, if you will) than the EX1000. It's a less fatiguing, more even-footed sort of sound - definitely not as bright and also not quite as punchy as the EX1000. I've never heard the special edition of the SE535 but would think the W4 is still a safer choice coming from an EX1000. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back