Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 18, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #317 of 16,931
Sleek Audio SA1 added.

Also updated the prices of the CK10, MTPG, HJE900, etc. Seems like everything has gone up in price...

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #318 of 16,931
wow! how much money did u spend by making this review? :O Looking forward to the IE8 impression.

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #319 of 16,931
Quote:
wow! how much money did u spend by making this review? :O Looking forward to the IE8 impression.

Enough to land me on paypal's reward program
redface.gif
. Not an accurate measurement by any means but summing the 'street price' column on my IEM chart yields just over $5500. Of course fellow head-fiers have been kind enough to let me borrow quite a few sets so that figure is way off but it's the right order of magnitude. 

IE8 review coming soon, hopefully. I think I've got a few of the bass-heavy dynamics people are interested in and reviewing them all at once makes sense.

On a different note, anyone who still hasn't tried a Meelec M9 may be interested in their new review sample giveaway. Great little phones and even better when free.

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #320 of 16,931
I really wish you'd have the silver bullet lined up too! this thread is becoming more and more awesome day by day!

Jun 23, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #322 of 16,931

Quote:

The real question should be how the heck does joker store everything and have enough space :p

On a side note..joker that shirt clip review you did on some jvc earphone. I asked them about buying the shirt clip separately and they have it at like $10 which is pretty expensive for a shirt clip not including shipping which is pretty ridiculous. I might check out the JVC store I see on my commute one day and see if they have it.

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #323 of 16,931
Quote:
The real question should be how the heck does joker store everything and have enough space :p

Who said I have enough space? Maybe I sleep on the floor because there's headphones everywhere else
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a side note..joker that shirt clip review you did on some jvc earphone. I asked them about buying the shirt clip separately and they have it at like $10 which is pretty expensive for a shirt clip not including shipping which is pretty ridiculous. I might check out the JVC store I see on my commute one day and see if they have it.

$10 is exorbitant for a half-ounce of plastic. Also, it is an included accessory with the $18 JVC HA-FX67. Apparently the earphones themselves are only worth $8.  

Note: thread in question is here.

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #324 of 16,931
Hey joker, I noticed on the Meelectronics M6 review that they made softer memory wire.  Does this make them easier to fit properly now?  I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these.

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #325 of 16,931
^Yeah, it should make them easier to fit. And if you still don't like the memory wire, it is extremely easy to remove.

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #329 of 16,931
What an amazing job you are doing with this thread joker. Really, thanks alot!

Btw, do you plan on reviewing any of the IEMs from Playaz/XEars? I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on them. IMO they are amazing IEMs for their price and i don't think they get the love they deserve here in head-fi :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #330 of 16,931
Earphones that end in a 'Z' should be banished to Siberia.

Quote:
What an amazing job you are doing with this thread joker. Really, thanks alot!

Btw, do you plan on reviewing any of the IEMs from Playaz/XEars? I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on them. IMO they are amazing IEMs for their price and i don't think they get the love they deserve here in head-fi :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back