Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Mar 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #1,354 of 4,841
Quote:
With that kind of pricing, how can they hope to compete against already established names?

(I would probably have said the same about Spiral Ear, though.)

Even Spiral Ear doesn't price that ridiculously, and a five receiver, five-way custom is indeed technically difficult to produce, while TT-X is a complete mystery.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,355 of 4,841

Quote:
Even Spiral Ear doesn't price that ridiculously, and a five receiver, five-way custom is indeed technically difficult to produce, while TT-X is a complete mystery.

It does seem priced high, but then you never know until you hear it just how good it can be.  Stax makes some pretty expensive stuff, but people still pay and it is considered the best by many I have talked with.  

Quote:
I still don't get this TT-X thing. It's interesting how they have the shells, but no cable displayed. And again, $1600 and $2000 for six and seven driver IEMs wired to a proprietary pin connection is not very encouraging. I don't think even the Chinese themselves have that much faith in their own products.

Only the TT-X uses a proprietary cable.  If it is something like the FST technology of the i9pro, it could be a nice sound enhancement.  While the i9pro sound isn't perfect, the spaciousness that is added makes for a very immersive and enjoyable experience, especially with music that is not usually that spacious such as electronic and pop.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #1,356 of 4,841
Just tired the all 3 universal piano series of final audio IEMs. The most expensive one cost like $2680. None of them sound anywhere close to any of my custom IEMs at all......lol. tell me about the price.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #1,357 of 4,841
have you received your NT6 pro joe? any instant impressions if you have?

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #1,358 of 4,841

Quote:
Just tired the all 3 universal piano series of final audio IEMs. The most expensive one cost like $2680. None of them sound anywhere close to any of my custom IEMs at all......lol. tell me about the price.

Thanks for sharing...

Quote:
have you received your NT6 pro joe? any instant impressions if you have?

Haven't received it.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #1,362 of 4,841

Quote:
Wow, really surprised me.

wink.gif

Quote:
awesome work Joe! I love your in-depth reviews :)

Thank you very much, and thanks for reading!

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #1,363 of 4,841

Quote:
I still don't get this TT-X thing. It's interesting how they have the shells, but no cable displayed. And again, $1600 and $2000 for six and seven driver IEMs wired to a proprietary pin connection is not very encouraging. I don't think even the Chinese themselves have that much faith in their own products.

To be honest... Beat Audio doesn't have good reputation among the Chinese hi-fi community... they have sketchy stuff and less than desirable quality for the price... they are said to use $1/meter raw wires to make their $300 cables... have not confirmed it myself.. but many chinese DIYers seem to have found the exact wire they used...

By the way... I'm Chinese and I can read those descriptions.. and they sound very very very overrated... stuff like "it can make all the other flagship CIEMs bit dust" "the balance is supreme, near perfection!"

forgot to mention... it also says"it implements the advanced 'three channel' technology, a hardware breakthrough" yeah... it's the first CIEM company that I've seen to brag about three way configuration...

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #1,364 of 4,841

Quote:
 To be honest... Beat Audio doesn't have good reputation among the Chinese hi-fi community... they have sketchy stuff and less than desirable quality for the price... they are said to use $1/meter raw wires to make their $300 cables... have not confirmed it myself.. but many chinese DIYers seem to have found the exact wire they used...

By the way... I'm Chinese and I can read those descriptions.. and they sound very very very overrated... stuff like "it can make all the other flagship CIEMs bit dust" "the balance is supreme, near perfection!"

forgot to mention... it also says"it implements the advanced 'three channel' technology, a hardware breakthrough" yeah... it's the first CIEM company that I've seen to brag about three way configuration...

If anything this:
stuff like "it can make all the other flagship CIEMs bit dust" "the balance is supreme, near perfection!"

sounds as a bragging to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back