Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Mar 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #1,321 of 4,841

Quote:
That's true and I am considering the SE-5 Way too.  However I still haven't receive any reply from them for like 5 days. =(

Grzegorz had to leave for personal reasons. He promised to return soon. So have a little patience. He always answers the e-mails.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,322 of 4,841

Quote:
That's true and I am considering the SE-5 Way too.  However I still haven't receive any reply from them for like 5 days. =(

Someone who ordered from them last month told me that they're pretty busy recently tho.

There is a legitimate reason for the delay in replying to you.

Please have patience; ordinarily, Grzegorz is excellent in replying to people promptly and in detail. I really can assure you that he's good to do business with.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,324 of 4,841

Quote:
I wish the surprise would be Westone ES5 or UM Miracle. They are very popular but still not reviewed by Joe due to some kind of tragic circumstances.

Yes, tragic indeed! 

Quote:
Joe likes to look outside of the usual suspects, which is nice because it led me to take the Spiral Ear SE-5 under consideration as a potential purchase

(thanks, Joe!)  
beerchug.gif

Yes, it started with seeing what else was out there and I am glad I did.  I am sure the usual suspects are quite good as well, and I think just about everything has its place depending on their needs/preferences such as what sonic qualities are important, usage, where they want to buy from (some people won't buy internationally), price, etc.  And I do like helping people come to a conclusion, but unfortunately I can't really recommend something I haven't heard and all I can do is speculate.

Quote:
You shouldn't believe rumors, Joe. Especially when they are about me and possibly true.

Future Sonics? Really??

Who said they were rumors :wink:

And yes, they have a silicone canal with a 3 month warranty.

Quote:
Thank you very much for telling me the reason. =D

Yes, Grzegorz is good about responding, so hopefully you will get your answer soon.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #1,325 of 4,841
Quote:
And yes, they have a silicone canal with a 3 month warranty.

I really can't find any information about that -- neither on Future Sonics's own website, nor through a Google search. Are you sure you're not thinking of the custom silicone sleeves they make for the Atrio? (Other companies also sell custom silicone sleeves, for other universal IEMs.)

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #1,326 of 4,841

Quote:
I really can't find any information about that -- neither on Future Sonics's own website, nor through a Google search. Are you sure you're not thinking of the custom silicone sleeves they make for the Atrio? (Other companies also sell custom silicone sleeves, for other universal IEMs.)

I had an email exchange with Marty from FS about a year ago and he mentioned the option.  You can see the info on the warranty page (soft canal)

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #1,328 of 4,841
Quote:
Not that this helps anything, but it does seem like there are fit issues from time to time across most manufacturers for currently unknown reasons, although in your case you are probably correct.  I am trying to take mental notes of all these things to see if I can figure out any patterns.  Just a thought that it could be mouth position during the impression process; did you use a bite block, closed mouth, or another technique?

Thats pretty interesting; the same as making demo units.

I've actually taken the time to study my own ear anatomy, and that seems to be the case for me; I used a standard sized bite block during the process and all that jazz...also, the external auricular muscles seem to affect the size of the soft part of the ear canal, so that's another thing for people to watch out for when they take impressions, to make sure they don't tense up their temporalis muscles (and the auricular muscles along with it). The other factor to watch out for is not to tense up the throat (the pharynx, specifically) or any part of that area, as both the levator veli palatini and tensor veli palatini will affect the size of the ear canal.

I'll keep everyone apprised of any developments in my little project.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #1,329 of 4,841

Quote:
Oh là là... You've got to know to search for it. And where. Is that some kind of Easter egg? 
tongue.gif

The impression I got is that the option was given more for specific musicians that want it and it wouldn't necessarily last forever.  I could be wrong, but the 3 month warranty also speaks to that.  Personally, due to the warranty, I don't think I would opt for that feature.

Quote:
I've actually taken the time to study my own ear anatomy, and that seems to be the case for me; I used a standard sized bite block during the process and all that jazz...also, the external auricular muscles seem to affect the size of the soft part of the ear canal, so that's another thing for people to watch out for when they take impressions, to make sure they don't tense up their temporalis muscles (and the auricular muscles along with it). The other factor to watch out for is not to tense up the throat (the pharynx, specifically) or any part of that area, as both the levator veli palatini and tensor veli palatini will affect the size of the ear canal.

I'll keep everyone apprised of any developments in my little project.

Good information, thank you.  The thing is, different people experience different things when moving their mouth, at least to some extent.  I have talked with many audiologists and customs manufacturers and an open mouth for most (with consistency in tensing muscles?) and a closed mouth for a few is close to the same.  Maybe it is all about tensing your muscles.  I am looking forward to more info.

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #1,331 of 4,841
I've come to the conclusion that where the topic of 'burn-in' is concerned, opinions, on both sides, are redundant.

Use your gear, and as time goes by, simply form your own conclusions.

1)It is inevitable that your gear will age through use

2) It is inevitable that you either will, or won't notice a difference as it ages through use - either way, the result will not have anything to do with anyone else's opinion

:)

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #1,334 of 4,841

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that where the topic of 'burn-in' is concerned, opinions, on both sides, are redundant.
Use your gear, and as time goes by, simply form your own conclusions.
1)It is inevitable that your gear will age through use
2) It is inevitable that you either will, or won't notice a difference as it ages through use - either way, the result will not have anything to do with anyone else's opinion
:)

Agreed about the last sentence, but I think it's always good to ask questions, especially asking experienced people. =p

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #1,335 of 4,841

Quote:
Agreed about the last sentence, but I think it's always good to ask questions, especially asking experienced people. =p

The key is figuring out if you hear it.  But I get that, if burn in really does occur, what should you listen for?  Just a quick summary is to have a static point of reference (or two).  Don't use the reference except during A/B with the "burning in" hardware, and of course write down your findings so you will be sure to remember them later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back