MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #946 of 2,843
Thanks for the feedback MattTCG!

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #948 of 2,843
Will do brother.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #949 of 2,843
I own Mad Dogs, Alpha Dogs and Primes. All are very well built and sound great within their parameters. My pair of HE500's came with a stripped connector thread on one side, new from the factory, but I was able to fix it without shipping back. I did not want to bring this to attention on the net, HiFiMan is a good company with great people, but Mr. Speakers seems to have some of the best QC in the industry.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #952 of 2,843
No mahogany box? 
tongue.gif
  Nah, just keep putting out fine hp's at a reasonable price and forego the expensive extras. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the curb weight without cable is 375 grams according to my scale. They are 10/10 on comfort. Clamp, distribution of weight is spot on. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #953 of 2,843
  The ETHER case first article arrived.  

FIANLLY!

A headphones company that knows what a customer needs, A CASE :)
Thank you Mr. Speakers
bigsmile_face.gif

It is odd that some other companies still ignore the case. When we ask them please do something, they give you the same unreasonable answer "we want to maintain a low price point" 
confused_face_2.gif
 . They sell over $1000 headphones and still talking about money 
deadhorse.gif

As if I will not pay extra $30 for a case! 

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #954 of 2,843
  I own Mad Dogs, Alpha Dogs and Primes. All are very well built and sound great within their parameters. My pair of HE500's came with a stripped connector thread on one side, new from the factory, but I was able to fix it without shipping back. I did not want to bring this to attention on the net, HiFiMan is a good company with great people, but Mr. Speakers seems to have some of the best QC in the industry.

Nice to be nice, but if people don't publically push HiFi Man they will stay complacent.

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #955 of 2,843

Nice to be nice, but if people don't publically push HiFi Man they will stay complacent.

Off-topic but I agree. I was surprised none of the reviews I was reading were explicit about this for the HE-560. I thought I had an anomaly the first time because their first response was to send it back for replacement but fool me twice...The effective fix was done by myself, and that's better than to waste money on replacement shipping for a product that will have the same problems no matter what. I can't blame the customer service specifically, they just have guidelines to follow but surely the amount of people having the same problems warrants seriously looking into their QC. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #956 of 2,843

FIANLLY!

A headphones company that knows what a customer needs, A CASE :)
Thank you Mr. Speakers
bigsmile_face.gif

It is odd that some other companies still ignore the case. When we ask them please do something, they give you the same unreasonable answer "we want to maintain a low price point" 
confused_face_2.gif
 . They sell over $1000 headphones and still talking about money 
deadhorse.gif

As if I will not pay extra $30 for a case! 

Dude, that is a great case, I think existing customers should only need to pay $10 as a reward for going all in.

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #957 of 2,843
The case is included with the headphone. It's made in the U.S. And the exterior is the same faux leather used in private jets, so it's tough.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #959 of 2,843

Users who are viewing this thread

Back