MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 25, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #4,157 of 5,796
Is this true??? The original post said nothing about this.

"The Upgrade from Closed/Open Ether to Flow or vice-versa is only allowed for Original purchaser of original Ether hp. If you happened to buy it from someone else before then it's not upgradeable. I have gotten this info from Dan in the last meet, not sure if there is any changes at the moment so you would need to double-check."

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #4,158 of 5,796
Is this true??? The original post said nothing about this.

"The Upgrade from Closed/Open Ether to Flow or vice-versa is only allowed for Original purchaser of original Ether hp. If you happened to buy it from someone else before then it's not upgradeable. I have gotten this info from Dan in the last meet, not sure if there is any changes at the moment so you would need to double-check."

Deleted, waiting to hear from Mr. Speakers

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #4,159 of 5,796
I know that the upgrade instructions on the website ask for the original receipt, but that's all I know. 

Regarding the new e-pads, I really like these a lot. It's a very different presentation of the sound and very different "fit and feel." But I haven't felt the urge to go back to stock. Sound is more layered and spacious sounding. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #4,160 of 5,796
  I know that the upgrade instructions on the website ask for the original receipt, but that's all I know. 

Regarding the new e-pads, I really like these a lot. It's a very different presentation of the sound and very different "fit and feel." But I haven't felt the urge to go back to stock. Sound is more layered and spacious sounding. 

I agree.  First thing you notice is soundstage. Mids might be slightly warmer, but it's not a big difference.  Haven't spent much time with them yet, but I like the change so far.  Also, the pads are a little thicker than they looked in the pictures.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #4,161 of 5,796

And is isolation as limited as previously posted? I went with the closed Flow because I need the isolation.

I do roughly 50% gaming in my ECF, so expanded soudstage sounds awesome. Just want to make sure that it doesn't compromise the isolation before I give them a shot.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #4,162 of 5,796
Isolation is about the same as long as you align the pads right. The sound is much better for gaming overall as your head is close to the driver now. Wildlands I was hearing things I didn't before. They sound much better for PC gaming. Make sure they clamp down more also.

Overall, well worth the sound difference for gaming.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #4,163 of 5,796
Someone asked me about this a while ago. Not sure if it's changed, but this is what Dan said back in July:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814156/mrspeakers-ether-flow-and-ether-c-flow-inspired-by-electrostatic-headphones/135#post_12722618

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #4,165 of 5,796
Upgrades may now be ordered without email we are all caught up, you can order in the store.

Also, we always have allowed selection of open or closed for the complete upgrade, that was there since day 1.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 25, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #4,166 of 5,796
  Someone asked me about this a while ago. Not sure if it's changed, but this is what Dan said back in July:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814156/mrspeakers-ether-flow-and-ether-c-flow-inspired-by-electrostatic-headphones/135#post_12722618

Awesome, and not surprising at all. I was actually very disappointed when it seemed that some were suggesting otherwise as I just couldn't see this being the type of policy Mr. Speakers would adopt.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #4,168 of 5,796
can I ask what is the difference between the foam used in ether upgrade program and the doggie treats in means of how they will affect a change in signature

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #4,169 of 5,796
  can I ask what is the difference between the foam used in ether upgrade program and the doggie treats in means of how they will affect a change in signature

I thought doggie treats were only for pre-ETHER models. ETHERs use the foam kit (4 black, 2 white).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back