MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #4,126 of 5,796
Pad arrived and I would say they do exactly what I was hoping for. Smooths out the sound a bit making it a tad darker, opens up the sound stage (which was insane whilst playing BF4 I could hear exactly where everyone was) and also they improved the comfort as it feels less claustrophobic around my ears. Only thing I would say is they still make an irritating squeaking sound against my glasses 
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #4,127 of 5,796
  Pad arrived and I would say they do exactly what I was hoping for. Smooths out the sound a bit making it a tad darker, opens up the sound stage (which was insane whilst playing BF4 I could hear exactly where everyone was) and also they improved the comfort as it feels less claustrophobic around my ears. Only thing I would say is they still make an irritating squeaking sound against my glasses 
frown.gif

Its fantastic playing shooters with the new pads. The sound positioning in CSGO is super precise and accurate. Looks like I have wall hacks at certain times.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #4,128 of 5,796
The comfort is surprisingly better than stock. These pads are similar to the feel of HD 800 pads. Lighter clamp and cavernous. I had to tighten the sliders a bit. This is a very layered and spacious sound and I really enjoy it. Not sure that I would want to go back to stock pads.
That sounds promising. I hope Dan will have a few pairs at CanJam to check them out with me Ether C's.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #4,129 of 5,796
the new pads sound great,downside is they do not seal as well or isolate as well

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #4,130 of 5,796
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 21, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #4,131 of 5,796
  the new pads sound great,downside is they do not seal as well or isolate as well

Thanks for that info. It's a purchase killer for me.

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #4,133 of 5,796

They should seal well, but they definitely won't isolate as well.  If you're not getting seal experiment with small moves back and forward or up and down, you have a lot more room to work with...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 21, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,134 of 5,796

They should seal well, but they definitely won't isolate as well.  If you're not getting seal experiment with small moves back and forward or up and down, you have a lot more room to work with...

Thanks Dan

Since mine are used exclusively in the office, isolation is high on my list of importance. Will stick with the stock Flow pads.

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #4,135 of 5,796
  Thanks Dan

Since mine are used exclusively in the office, isolation is high on my list of importance. Will stick with the stock Flow pads.

I'm opposite. I use mine in a soundproofed home theater. So I will give the pads a go.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #4,136 of 5,796

Loving my Ether C Flows unaltered. Wouldn't change a thing. This is one rabbit hole I won't go down Lol. Thanks Dan...great job.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4,137 of 5,796

yes agreed,the seal is not the issue...it is the larger ear opening and the thinner pads that seem to lead to less isolation...sound good though

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #4,139 of 5,796
How is comfort on the new pads compared to the stock?

That will depend on your preferences. The new e-pad is a lighter griping pad. More similar to the hd800 alcatera pad in terms of clamp and the way it feels around your ear. I happen to prefer the e-pad to stock. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #4,140 of 5,796
How is comfort on the new pads compared to the stock?

I personally find the new pads much more comfortable as there is more space for your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back