MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #4,111 of 5,796
That Zeos guy does weird reviews huh? Is he on drugs? LOL I think he reviewed the MD Fostex TH-X00's too. I sat through it, sounds like he has to buy the closed version because it is the best closed hp. You gotta admit, he is good at reviewing the physical properties of cables. That was dead on.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #4,112 of 5,796
Well I have spent a couple of hours with the new pads. First impressions are fantastic! I need to A-B with the original pads some more but right now I'm really enjoying the E Pads. I think there is some magic that is lost with the E pads but also new stuff that comes with it. Soundstage is Perfect to me now. The website says you can move the headphones now since the pads are so open to change the sound. The sound does change but if you put your ears to the front then it sounds like complete crap to me. The middle is perfect for me and the ears to the back are different (darker i believe) but not bad at all.

Call me crazy but I also put the original pads on top of the E pads and it sounded super fun LOL.

To be honest I was thinking the new pads would be a disappointment to me. They are not at all.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #4,113 of 5,796
  ETHER-stat pads in house. Yes, the sound stage becomes massive. Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela now and I can finally hear the whole stage. Lot's of air around instruments and voices. This is more of a three dimensional sound scape. There's a touch of darkness that wasn't there before in the upper mids, lower treble area. Some will prefer the change. I'm pretty sure that I do. 

Need to listen to some more test songs. 

I may need to try the stat pads.  Are you with me, @pippen99 ?

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #4,114 of 5,796
In the comments he said the LCD-X's have a wider soundstage than the open Flows.

Sure they do Zeos, sure they do... :rolling_eyes:

FWIW, I agree with Zeo on the stages.  I find the Ether Flow have a higher soundstage, but the LCD-X have a wider stage.  Not sure it matters so much, but it's what I hear.

Prost,
RCB

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #4,115 of 5,796

I may need to try the stat pads.  Are you with me, @pippen99 ?

I am still unsure.  I got the angled pads which was supposed to darken the sound.  Now these are supposed to darken the sound again.  I am not sure how dark we can go before the top end is lost all together.  Now in the great cosmic wheel I waste more money than these would cost on lesser whims. So?

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #4,117 of 5,796
Quote:
  I am still unsure.  I got the angled pads which was supposed to darken the sound.  Now these are supposed to darken the sound again.  I am not sure how dark we can go before the top end is lost all together.  Now in the great cosmic wheel I waste more money than these would cost on lesser whims. So?

I dont think the top end is darkened just the middle. Maybe im a little off today but it seems my flows became brighter. Seems more U shaped to me.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #4,118 of 5,796
  Quote:

I dont think the top end is darkened just the middle. Maybe im a little off today but it seems my flows became brighter. Seems more U shaped to me.

Our hearing does/can change from hour to hour and day to day.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #4,122 of 5,796
  ETHER-stat pads in house. Yes, the sound stage becomes massive. Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela now and I can finally hear the whole stage. Lot's of air around instruments and voices. This is more of a three dimensional sound scape. There's a touch of darkness that wasn't there before in the upper mids, lower treble area. Some will prefer the change. I'm pretty sure that I do. 

Need to listen to some more test songs. 

Would like to hear impressions for FLOW C also.
How is the wearing comfort?

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,124 of 5,796
The comfort is surprisingly better than stock. These pads are similar to the feel of HD 800 pads. Lighter clamp and cavernous. I had to tighten the sliders a bit. This is a very layered and spacious sound and I really enjoy it. Not sure that I would want to go back to stock pads.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #4,125 of 5,796
Mine should be arriving today, a day earlier than expected
biggrin.gif
. Following from your feedback sounds like they should be just what I wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back