MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Dec 12, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,651 of 4,813
For anyone curious how to estimate leakage others hear, just place the headphones on your thigh at the level in question and make sure they seal. Then you will have a very good approximation of what other

I broke out the mic and then you come in 
wink.gif
. Why do I even try to help. Dan is the man.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #1,652 of 4,813

Umm, why isn't this thread in the summit-fi section?

Because Dan priced the headphone too low.

I thought the cutoff for summit-fi was $1000. Even if it's $1500, with the DUM cable, these are more than $1500

I have been to the top of the mountain, and there are Ether C's there!

The new Orpheus has caused the curve to fluctuate.  Or not.  But yes, the ETHERC is quite good.

Do you guys think I should move this thread to summit-fi?

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #1,653 of 4,813
For anyone curious how to estimate leakage others hear, just place the headphones on your thigh at the level in question and make sure they seal. Then you will have a very good approximation of what others hear...
wow neat idea, would've never thought to try that. Tricks of the trade I guess

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,654 of 4,813

I think I can do that .I have a calibrated mic that I can plug into my iPhone and give you some readings on what is leaking from the Phones. Give me a bit and I'll tell you.

... just place the headphones on your thigh at the level in question and make sure they seal ...

I've yet to hear any of Mr Speakers products, but I think I'm beginning to see some of the reasons why they are so highly rated 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #1,655 of 4,813

I've yet to hear any of Mr Speakers products, but I think I'm beginning to see some of the reasons why they are so highly rated 
biggrin.gif

I've just got into this hobby and I haven't heard everything but I have heard plenty. You will not go wrong with Ether or Ether-C"s. I was going to buy the Ethers after hearing them but then Dan came out with the Ether-C's and it fit my taste more. ( I'm still thinking of buying a pair of Ethers also).

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,656 of 4,813
For anyone curious how to estimate leakage others hear, just place the headphones on your thigh at the level in question and make sure they seal. Then you will have a very good approximation of what others hear...

I actually do this with every pair of headphones I own but didn't think it was scientific enough, lol.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,657 of 4,813
I actually do this with every pair of headphones I own but didn't think it was scientific enough, lol.

Use an SPL meter a fixed distance from your head while wearing them and playing sound at a fixed level if you want more scientific.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #1,658 of 4,813
I usually just tell people who lean too close to get their own damn headphones.

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #1,659 of 4,813
^^^ I like it... I'll have to remember that.

I don't have the Cs, but I've never had anyone say anything about my XCs, except if I take them out and didn't have the cups together.

I think that if you don't listen at levels that would damage your ears, you'll be just fine.

That being said, everyone wants to hear them. And I really want the cs. I think I'll order a pair soon.

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,660 of 4,813
I am waiting for my C's..I used to have the XC's and the Primes and one of the reasons i sold the XC's was that the isolation was terrible,it was only marginally better than the open back models...the primes were dramatically better and i assume the C's will have similar isolation

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #1,661 of 4,813
  I am waiting for my C's..I used to have the XC's and the Primes and one of the reasons i sold the XC's was that the isolation was terrible,it was only marginally better than the open back models...the primes were dramatically better and i assume the C's will have similar isolation

I think the Primes had slightly better isolation but the C's have less leakage

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,662 of 4,813
I will offer up my opinion when i receive them...for anyone who cares lol!

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #1,664 of 4,813
Got the C's tonight and have had a chance to give them a listen...tough of course to pass judgment this quickly or before they are broken in etc..that said i am impressed and i think i like them better than the ether's although i cannot quite put my finger on why....they are a bit more neutral to my ears and a little less efficient which i like.....one thing that disappoints me a bit is that I think they isolate a little less than the primes did although that is going by my memory of course....they are incredibly light and comfortable,in fact compared to the audeze XC's they feel like a feather...you barely even know you are wearing them....I am listening to them as i write this through my Mojo and they sound great....more to come over time 

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #1,665 of 4,813
  Got the C's tonight and have had a chance to give them a listen...tough of course to pass judgment this quickly or before they are broken in etc..that said i am impressed and i think i like them better than the ether's although i cannot quite put my finger on why....they are a bit more neutral to my ears and a little less efficient which i like.....one thing that disappoints me a bit is that I think they isolate a little less than the primes did although that is going by my memory of course....they are incredibly light and comfortable,in fact compared to the audeze XC's they feel like a feather...you barely even know you are wearing them....I am listening to them as i write this through my Mojo and they sound great....more to come over time 

How long was your wait to receive them? I have a pair on order...I'm so anxious. It's only been a couple of days for me though Lol.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back