MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jun 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #7,442 of 9,071
I've a Centrance hifi-m8. I mostly listen to indie rock, some pop music. Would alpha dog do a justice to rock/pop genre if pairing with hifi-m8? Also, I'm curious if anyone uses the alpha dog on their daily commute. 

works great with the hifi m8

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #7,444 of 9,071
Guys, what sounds better for EDM: Alpha Dog + EQ or plain Mad Dog Pro?

I also listen to about 50-60 % EDM with the ADs.
Personally don't even think they need an EQ for it, maybe a cheeky bass boost slightly, but for me they aren't as bass lacking as I expected when I bought them.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #7,445 of 9,071
I also listen to about 50-60 % EDM with the ADs.
Personally don't even think they need an EQ for it, maybe a cheeky bass boost slightly, but for me they aren't as bass lacking as I expected when I bought them.

Yeah I enjoy the bass. It isn't too much that it is distorting other frequencies but not too little that you can't hear it.

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #7,448 of 9,071
  I've a Centrance hifi-m8. I mostly listen to indie rock, some pop music. Would alpha dog do a justice to rock/pop genre if pairing with hifi-m8? Also, I'm curious if anyone uses the alpha dog on their daily commute. 

Yup, enjoying some classic rock right now with the HiFi-M8 and AlphaDogs. Plenty of power to drive 'em and sounds great! Love the "live" music experience I get from the Alphas. 
beyersmile.png

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #7,450 of 9,071

I would search for some lighter cables if you plan on making the Alpha Dogs portable. Otherwise I wouldn't see a problem with using them at the library, trolley station, or airplane. I just wouldn't go to the gym wearing them haha

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #7,452 of 9,071
My red Alpha Dogs finally arrived today, and man they sound so great. The Schiit Audio Lyr 2 powers them effortlessly. The Zepplin and Zappa, I have played so far have sounded fantastic. I will talk more after I have listened to some others types of music. Hope everyone has a good evening.:)

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #7,453 of 9,071
Approximately how long did people wait for their turn to upgrade their mad dogs to alpha dogs? Really champing at the bit to give the alphas a listen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back