MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jan 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #5,086 of 9,071
Nope, we can't do this.  However, if you get a notice and you are out of the country or have any extenuating circumstance PM me.  We're not going to be rule-freaks around this, only "no response" people will loose their slots.

That's fine with me. I'll be on e-mail most of the time so will respond regardless of where I am.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #5,087 of 9,071
An FYI to any other HeadFiers who have been waiting on their Alpha Dogs - I ordered mine on Nov. 21st & inquired about them since as of this Thursday it will have been 8 weeks. I promptly heard back from Dan & here is what he said...

" our paint shop has been HIGHLY unreliable, we're moving to a new facility to do all our own painting, no more outsourccing. He's promised me a lot of parts this week so we should have your stuff really soon."

Any way, that was new info for me & I thought others in the cue would like to know that one possible delaying issue has been addressed. Dan is living up to his excellent reputation as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to get these cans!

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5,088 of 9,071
An FYI to any other HeadFiers who have been waiting on their Alpha Dogs - I ordered mine on Nov. 21st & inquired about them since as of this Thursday it will have been 8 weeks. I promptly heard back from Dan & here is what he said...

" our paint shop has been HIGHLY unreliable, we're moving to a new facility to do all our own painting, no more outsourccing. He's promised me a lot of parts this week so we should have your stuff really soon."

Any way, that was new info for me & I thought others in the cue would like to know that one possible delaying issue has been addressed. Dan is living up to his excellent reputation as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to get these cans!

As long as they can paint as well as the people they outsourced too, then fantastic :). I suspect I will be one of the first to get this new paint (Nov 22nd), so I will let you all know how it looks.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #5,089 of 9,071
As long as they can paint as well as the people they outsourced too, then fantastic :). I suspect I will be one of the first to get this new paint (Nov 22nd), so I will let you all know how it looks.

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. We will be the "Guinea Pigs" for the new process. Still I don't think Dan would make the change if he couldn't do better! At least I hope I'm right!:confused_face(1):

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #5,090 of 9,071
Pardon me as i am sure my question already answered, but going through 340 pages is not my thing.

I plan to buy the mad dogs then possibly upgrade it in the future to the alpha dogs or whatever new headphone Dan produce by then.
I know i can order from overseas (united Arab Emirates). but can i send it back for the upgrade form overseas.

I guess i can, but i got to ask.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #5,091 of 9,071
  Pardon me as i am sure my question already answered, but going through 340 pages is not my thing.

I plan to buy the mad dogs then possibly upgrade it in the future to the alpha dogs or whatever new headphone Dan produce by then.
I know i can order from overseas (united Arab Emirates). but can i send it back for the upgrade form overseas.

I guess i can, but i got to ask.

I've noticed that you've just joined today. You don't have to go through all 340 pages. There's a "Search This Thread" at the top section of each page of which you can try. If you're not successful, then feel free to ask.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #5,092 of 9,071
Pardon me as i am sure my question already answered, but going [COLOR=222222]through 340 pages is not my thing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]I plan to buy the mad dogs then possibly upgrade it in the future to the alpha dogs or whatever new headphone Dan produce by then.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]I know i can order from overseas (united Arab Emirates). but can i send it back for the upgrade form overseas.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]I guess i can, but i got to ask.[/COLOR]

I'm planning on doing it from Thailand. I don't see why not as long as i pay for the appropriate shipping costs. If Dan doesn't ship upgrades overseas for whatever reason, i always have my forwarder.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #5,093 of 9,071

Actually, they are helping us design the shop and process, and the painter will be painting onsite and training us during the transition.  We're already doing the finishing work, and have been for two months, so it's already 50% in house.   

It's a friendly move, they just couldn't keep up with our needs.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 15, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #5,094 of 9,071
I'm planning on doing it from Thailand. I don't see why not as long as i pay for the appropriate shipping costs. If Dan doesn't ship upgrades overseas for whatever reason, i always have my forwarder.

Location isn't important to us.  :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #5,095 of 9,071
Sigh.  Our ISP botched our cert update so the site is currently working on some but not all browsers.  It should be fixed in a few hours...

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #5,096 of 9,071
  Sigh.  Our ISP botched our cert update so the site is currently working on some but not all browsers.  It should be fixed in a few hours...

Chrome for Mac, checking in. It's working for me.

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #5,098 of 9,071
Sorry to revive something on this thread that has probably already been discussed extensively, but what amps have been found to work particularly well with the ADs? I think I should be receiving mine within the next few weeks. Right now I'm using an ifi iCAN which has worked well with my 300ohm Sennheiser 580s, but I understand planars are different kind of hard to drive. The ifi reportedly works well with the Audeze LCD-2s which are similar efficiency and a little higher impedance than the ADs. Has anyone tried the ADs with an iCAN? Can anyone comment on how the ADs compare to the LCD-2's as a load on an amp? 

I have the iCAN and it drives the AD with authority. Just a heads up, the iCAN, with its settings on zero, is a slightly warm sounding amp so it will take a little away from the ADs neutrality. A lot of people who have neutralish sounding headphones and use this amp don't seem to mind having a touch of warmth added to their chain so, depending on what you're looking for, you might not either. It's a good amp in my opinion.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #5,099 of 9,071
Woohoo, AD upgrade city!  Dan, I just dropped my Mad Dogs at the Post Office, and you should have 'em on Friday.

I went for the XLR cable option since I'll eventually be using it with a Geek Pulse X... but in the meantime, I'll need to go make myself an XLR -> TRS adapter... and an XLR -> Banana Plugs (for the Mini-X I just got).

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #5,100 of 9,071
I have the iCAN and it drives the AD with authority. Just a heads up, the iCAN, with its settings on zero, is a slightly warm sounding amp so it will take a little away from the ADs neutrality. A lot of people who have neutralish sounding headphones and use this amp don't seem to mind having a touch of warmth added to their chain so, depending on what you're looking for, you might not either. It's a good amp in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. I like the basic sound of the iCAN. I thought it might complement a very neutral and "fast" sounding headphone. Do you like either the the bass boost or 3D image effects with the ADs? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back