MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Dec 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #4,802 of 9,071
I would be interested in an after market cable for the AD but more to add flexibility and reduce a touch of weight. 

While the FAW Noir is more flexible, the weight is about the same as stock I think. The Q cable could be what you are looking for :)

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #4,803 of 9,071
^^ Got it already, just need some adapters from Steve. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #4,806 of 9,071
Dec 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #4,807 of 9,071

Yeah, just a bit.

I like how those look!
Any with the correct terminations? Links?

Compared to most others?! lol :wink:
(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)

Most of my aftermarket cables are heavier, but yes compared to designated portable cables I can see how they can be HEAVY...

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #4,808 of 9,071
No lie, the AD's cables are HEAVY.

I had imagined they are. Compare to the V-Moda cable included with the Mad Dogs. Single ended, very thin and light, hardly adds any weight at all. The new cables on the Alpha Dogs look to be much more substantial. Higher build quality, dual entry, balanced connectors going into the cups. Thankfully I have no issue with heavy headphones.

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #4,809 of 9,071

Yeah, just a bit.

I like how those look!
Any with the correct terminations? Links?

Compared to most others?! lol :wink:
(i.e. remember that the Mad Dogs came with the V-moda cable...)

Steve Eddy from Q Audio makes fantastic cables. I have the one cable that you see there and Steve makes adapters to go from mini xlr to Senn to others. I know that he ordered the connections for the AD and has already made some adapters. Highly recommended. 

http://www.q-audio.com/

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #4,810 of 9,071
Probably getting ahead of myself because I haven't received my email about upgrading to the Alpha Dogs yet, but if I send my Mad Dogs to be upgraded will I be charged import taxes on the $600 cost of the Alpha Dogs or just the $300 upgrade cost?

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #4,811 of 9,071

Steve Eddy from Q Audio makes fantastic cables. I have the one cable that you see there and Steve makes adapters to go from mini xlr to Senn to others. I know that he ordered the connections for the AD and has already made some adapters. Highly recommended. 

http://www.q-audio.com/

Thanks Matt!

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #4,813 of 9,071
  Probably getting ahead of myself because I haven't received my email about upgrading to the Alpha Dogs yet, but if I send my Mad Dogs to be upgraded will I be charged import taxes on the $600 cost of the Alpha Dogs or just the $300 upgrade cost?

We will be declaring the value of the upgrade services at $300 (or $200 for balanced owners).  Upgrade notices will start to go out at the end of next week.

Cheers!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 29, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #4,814 of 9,071
I did not make it to order an Alpha Dog in this year but in the next one or two weeks, too bad I will miss the extended warranty and many benefits by ordering before the end of 2013. Anyway, it's ok, at least I kept my promise that I will purchase an Alpha Dog. I am a man who keeps my words (70-80% I think
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back