Most basshead IEMs with the best bang for bucks
Feb 16, 2024 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

k273

New Head-Fier
So,
Where is the sweetest price range for basshead IEMs, and what are the basshead IEMs there on the range?
My past experience with basshead IEMs was SoundMagic E(PL)11s and a pair of SOL Republics (with flat cable, I forget the name) and I liked them a lot.
I have V-Moda Crossfade Wireless and Campfire Audio Cascade, and while Cascade have much much more detail/separation and soundstage than Crossfade (and I love it), depending on the music, Crossfade Wireless can sometimes be more musical (so there's a place for Crossfade, even if very small).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 38
From what I've owned, KBEAR Rosefinch, Ikko OH10, CA Honeydew, Penon Fan v1, Letshuoer S12 (not Z12), Yanyin Canon, Penon Serial, ISN EST50.

Heard but not owned, many Empire Ears like the Odin, FiR Xenon 6.

Still to try Oriolus Szalayi.

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 38
The three iems I have that I would consider bass head are the CFA Atlas, UM Mext and EE Bravado MK2. They all use different drivers to get there but each hit hard.
I don’t think the Atlas would be a buy for you as it is another single dd from CFA and you have the cascade. The Mext is a tribrid which has bone conduction to give a Fantastic timbre to the presentation. The Bravado has EE subwoofer that really fills out the bottom end. Both Mext and Bravado are around 1k new but can be had for around $400 in the classifieds here which I feel is a good deal.

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 38
The three iems I have that I would consider bass head are the CFA Atlas, UM Mext and EE Bravado MK2. They all use different drivers to get there but each hit hard.
I don’t think the Atlas would be a buy for you as it is another single dd from CFA and you have the cascade. The Mext is a tribrid which has bone conduction to give a Fantastic timbre to the presentation. The Bravado has EE subwoofer that really fills out the bottom end. Both Mext and Bravado are around 1k new but can be had for around $400 in the classifieds here which I feel is a good deal.
I've had the mext and bravado mk ii.

I couldn't put the unique Melody in the basshead category at all.

The bravado Mark II is definitely a basshead IEM. It was too much though for me. Even though my current favorite is the Volür, The bravado Mark II bass was just too messy on too many tracks. Amazing on some for sure but just was too bloated too often

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 38
I've had the mext and bravado mk ii.

I couldn't put the unique Melody in the basshead category at all.

The bravado Mark II is definitely a basshead IEM. It was too much though for me. Even though my current favorite is the Volür, The bravado Mark II bass was just too messy on too many tracks. Amazing on some for sure but just was too bloated too often
Bummer for you

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 38
Bummer for you
It was, because for 30% of my the tracks I played with it were absolutely phenomenal, But the 70% was just bloated as hell bass.

Going back in my twenties I was DJing tons of electronic music and absolutely was into Big Bass, And that stayed with me although I've become more aware of quality bass to go along with quantity.

Feb 17, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #11 of 38
Audiosense A0. Single DD. One of the best single dynamic iem I have owned sub 200 pounds. Randomly bought them recently following my t800 on an impulse purchase. They were in sale for 50 pounds. Extremely surprised. They have thunderous base that you can literally feel, it's quite unusual. Well separated from mids and nice treble.

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #14 of 38
Ikko OH10 - balance expansive basshead
Campfire Polaris ii, Atlas - Bombastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back