Mission : Defeat Zardak
Sep 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #62 of 117
Quote:
DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.

UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THIS THREAD FOREVER. CLOSING DOWN SHOP. THIS IS NOT AN EXERCISE. ALL RESIDENTS MUST EVACUATE.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #63 of 117
Well, Argyris, i'm definitely harmless, because i believe in live and let live. BUT, i also believe in 'absolute' freedom of speech. 

Anyway, i saw this on a review for that Pioneer killer you lot are so horny about...The Pioneer SE-A1000 headphones sound amazing and in some cases seem to bring an entirely new physical dimension to audio.

So now i gotta say, if these pioneer SE-A1000 headphones bring an entirely new physical dimension to the sound, then they definitely ain't gonna be anything special, either you want hype, or you want the truth in a headphone, i personally want the truth. Any new dimension to the sound should have already been done at the studio where the song was produced, not post production inside a cheap and cheery headphone.

After listening to 'all' the so-called best headphones in the world (multiple times), i have concluded that price has nothing to do with the performance of a headphone, it's as simple as that. So, now i have a sub $100 headphone after months and months of auditioning every headphone out there; i drive it with a FiiO E12, and the combination KICKS-ASS!

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #65 of 117
Quote:
Subscribing to a potentially epic thread.

Looks that way. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand. I like how he singles me out even though I didn't start the thread. 
biggrin.gif

Well, I did pretty much bait somebody into bringing him in here, so perhaps that counts for something. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #66 of 117
Looks that way. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand. I like how he singles me out even though I didn't start the thread. 
biggrin.gif

Well, I did pretty much bait somebody into bringing him in here, so perhaps that counts for something. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not quite sir, I was talking to zar earlier before this thread came up and I found it funny that he hasn't noticed this thread yet, so I decided to show it to him unbeknownst of your post

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #67 of 117
lol zardak you so funny. You inspire us all...especially me.
Just tell us what your great headphone is, unless it's all part of your troll in that case I have to say well done sir. 8.5/10

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #68 of 117
lol - 'absolute' freedom of speech in a private, moderated forum?? Good luck with that! :p

I wish I had the time to listen to every headphone in the world in only a few months. Hmm, how many different headphones in the world would you estimate there are? 2,000? 10,000? As a WAG, I'll say 6000 different headphones. I suspect the number is much higher - especially if you include every low-cost earbud - but 'every headphone out there' would have to include all of them. Anyhoo - since you said you spent "months and months", I'm going to assume that means less than a year - otherwise you would have said "years" or "over X years". 24 hours per day, for 365 days is 8,760 hours. However, even a supremely dedicated head-fier has to sleep and eat occasionally, so, allocating only 5 hours per day for all sleep, food and other bodily functions, the total available hours in one year would actually be 19 hours per day for 365 days, or 6,935 hours. since we assumed ~6000 total headphones in the world, that means you spent a conservative 1.15 hours on each audition of the 6000 headphones. That's certainly reasonable, right? I think I could form an opinion of a headphone after a little over an hour of listening time. There were many assumptions made in this calculation, but I think that in each case where the assumption was made, I have assumed a conservative number.

I, for one, feel much better now that I know the math works out to support the statement: "months and months of auditioning every headphone out there"

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #69 of 117
I find that to be heavily, and perhaps purposefully, flawed arithmetic.

For one, there's nothing that prevents someone from listening while eating - just make sure it's all intravenous so as to avoid the jaw from making distracting occlusions. Heck it's cheaper too - I guess that'd be a pretty significant factor when you don't put in any time for employment or a sustainable means of living. 

And usually the highly attuned Head-Fiers need not dedicate time for sleep - just put in the occasional Jazz in the Pawnshop track within each session and it'll have you dozing off in a snap. Best of all, not only will your sleep schedule be spread throughout the whole day thus leading to a healthier lifestyle, you can correlate the frequency and abruptness for each instance of dozing off with many audio characteristics - such as PRAT, etc, etc. Two birds with one horribly dull album.

So inputting these numbers back into the equation, carrying over the one...

Which leaves 8760 hours. And let's be fair, some people simply have better ears than the rest of us plebians. One hour for each headphone is plenty. So not only could he have finished his quota, he would have had 2760 hours left. So I dare say someone's been squandering their time....get to it!

These 2760 hours could be better spent learning the trade, establishing a start-up audio company, and creating HD800-beater that severely undercut the market, and garner a net benefit for humankind! Not to mention getting the opportunity to rake in some serious dough to pay for that intrevenous dog food.

I mean, 2760 hours should be more than enough for that right? I once watched a TV series that did just that, and it only took me 26 hours to finish it. I guess he could spent the rest of that time doing something else. Dunno what else would be left though to be honest. At that point you'd pretty much be set for life. He could always start by listening to some more music, but I think that'd be a grevious misuse of headphones.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #70 of 117
We have to consider cost as well. I couldn't find any concrete statistics, but somebody back in 2006 said the average cost of a headphone was US $5, which is good enough for the ballpark scenario we're setting up. That was before Beats and the era of the $$$$ flagship, so I'm going to give that a healthy double to $10.* Assuming the 6,000 headphones figure from above, at an average of $10 apiece, we're looking at $60,000 worth of equipment. The latest numbers we have for the median household income for Australia, with all four sources averaged and the total converted to the US dollar, place it at just under $45,000.

That means that, given the generous space of a year to acquire and test all this equipment, the Z-man has spent more money on headphones than most people in Australia (and the US, and most of the world) make in a year. And let's not forget that he spent his entire non-eating/sleeping/other time listening to headphones, so unless that's his job, he managed to afford all of this without working.

*We're going to ignore the fact that headphones are often quite a bit more expensive in the land down under than they are here in the US, which is very unfortunate indeed. I don't know how much this would inflate the $10 figure (or how consistently), so the equivalent in US dollars to buy all headphones in existence from Australia would be significantly higher than the total we arrived at in this discussion.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #71 of 117
The only probable, reasonable explanation for the initial funding would be that the lottery system in Australia must have been easily and heavily abused.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #73 of 117
Someone's insecure over their custom title. 

Of course you've got their back - the dirty cardboard is all too willing to stab it when the time comes.

VIOLENT!!! DEFAMED!!! BLOCKED!!!

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #74 of 117
I always like to see sfwalcer post in a thread, particularly one that's taking itself too seriously. A little trolling is just what super uptight threads need now and again. Us overanalyzers were trolling in our own way, too. Not sure what Twinkletoes is doing, though. He could be trolling, or he could have just discovered the caps lock key and/or programmed some macro that produces three exclamation points at a time.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #75 of 117
It's this thing we do in PMs. Hard to explain. More so since the piece of stale cardboard is so ineloquent witn regards to explaining anything.

I dunno. I always find the cardboard troll massively un-entertaining until someone shows him up. Preferably me. Otherwise he's just one sad ghettoer hiding beneath his cardboard box, growing cabbages, and listening to his ham-radio-quality BEs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back