Mini SF Bay Area meet
Oct 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #91 of 187
Well, it'll be a 2-hour drive for me. Sounds like quite a bit of a stretch, so I'm sitting this one out.

But if we have a mini meet somewhere in East Bay... I'll try to make that one.

Would anyone like to chime in for a possible place to crash at? A coffee shop somewhere in East Bay may do the trick as well...

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #92 of 187
Made it to Burning Amp. AMB and Linuxworks were there, nice to see them. Jan Diden (probably killed his name) had the Smyth (Smith?) Realizer. It was very cool. Got to hear talks by Sigfried Linkwitz and Nelson Pass. Both a bit over my head, but less so than last year. A fun time though it is a bit pricy. I recommend it for the Geeks among us (guilty as charged).

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #93 of 187
Here is a gallery of photos I took at Burning Amp 2013. I was so enthralled by the gear, that I neglected to shoot some photos of people.

http://www.amb.org/ti/audio/burningamp2013/

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #95 of 187
Here is a gallery of photos I took at Burning Amp 2013. I was so enthralled by the gear, that I neglected to shoot some photos of people.

http://www.amb.org/ti/audio/burningamp2013/

Thanks for posting the pics!  I'll have to attend one day.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #96 of 187
Bill-P,

Apologies in advance for fast forwarding from page 1 on this thread but did this mini meet in SF area had already take place yet?

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #97 of 187
Oh no. Please don't apologize.

Unfortunately, the meet hasn't taken place yet. We are still looking for a location, and then we still need to decide on a date.

I live in Santa Cruz, so I can't easily run out to East Bay and scout location. If anyone around that area can find a place for us to make this happen, I think we'd all appreciate it very much!

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #98 of 187
  Oh no. Please don't apologize.

Unfortunately, the meet hasn't taken place yet. We are still looking for a location, and then we still need to decide on a date.

I live in Santa Cruz, so I can't easily run out to East Bay and scout location. If anyone around that area can find a place for us to make this happen, I think we'd all appreciate it very much!

Thanks Bill-P

I'm up for a meet whenever we find a place.  Would love to meet everyone for the first time.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #100 of 187
Ohhhh, an SF bay area meet. Just moved here so it would be great to meet fellow audiophiles here haha! :p

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #101 of 187
  Where about in the bay area would be fulfilling for most?  I can probably help scout around...

If you're close to the East Bay area, please look for a place there.

It's quite a stretch for me to go to East Bay for scouting, but I'll be able to attend once a place has been found.

Ohhhh, an SF bay area meet. Just moved here so it would be great to meet fellow audiophiles here haha! :p

Haha, and I bet you'll see some pretty interesting gears in the Bay Area, too.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #102 of 187
Hi all, I'm new to both Head-Fi and higher end audio, and would also be interested in a meet up depending on date and location. I recently acquired a pair of Sennheiser HD598 and should be receiving a JDS odac+o2 soon.

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #105 of 187
For around 15 people, more or less, we can provide the place to host the mini meet at Fremont.
It is just off 880, between Auto mall and Stevenson exit, you can see the building on 880.

If the place is ok, let's find a time, it would be better on Oct. 26 (Sat) or Nov. 2nd (Sat) afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back