Mini SF Bay Area meet
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #77 of 187
I would love to go. I can meet pretty much any day except on most fridays and the weekends. 

I would bring my Sennheiser HD 201 and IE 6 in ear headphones. I have a Presonus Firebox for my amp.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #80 of 187
Okay... so I drove to Audio High and talked to them in person.

Bad news is... they probably can't host a meet next Saturday, or any Saturday for that matter since Saturday is around the time their traffic is at the highest. Most of their customers come in on Saturday after a whole week of work, so they wouldn't have enough room to accommodate 20-ish people.

Weekday evenings are more likely for them. But I know most of us (myself included) can't make it on a weekday evening.

But Audio High is really interested in a meet, and they'd like to bring some gears along for us to demo as well, so we may have a potential vendor demo at this meet.

Anyway, that's that. Is there any other possible space that we can crash at?

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #81 of 187
Sunday, at Audio High?

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #83 of 187
We have only following options then,

1) Friday evening at Audio High
2) If someone has a spacisous house or even a garage then we can meet there
3) If you are not in a house and in an apartment then many apartments have a party room which can be rented either for free or for say hundred bucks

Common place could be around Fremont/Milpitas which is closer to East bay,  SF and  South bay , else no issues any bay area place is fine as many wont mind driving 30 mins more to try out gears

If you want to do option 2 or 3 then  let us know, else we need to poll for Audio high if it is okay for folks to come in on  a Friday evening

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #85 of 187
This Sunday 10/06/2013 is Burning Amp Festival in SF, and I will be demo'ing gear there, which requires me to do a bunch of preparation work in advance, so this whole weekend is no good for me.

Audio High sounds intriguing, it would be a really different kind of mini-meet than usual.

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #86 of 187
I'll put in a plug for Burning Amp - I went last year. Much fun, kind of the CA Audio Show for Bay Area DIY-ers. Tai was there with a really cool pair of speakers, Nelson Pass spoke, I'm not sure who else spoke. Great farmers market out front of Fort Mason Center. I'll go if work and family let me!

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #87 of 187
For those interested, I understand there will be a lecture/presentation on the Smyth Realiser at Burning Amp as well.

Depending on the date, I'd also be interested in attending an event at Audio High.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #88 of 187
Here is a copy/paste of an email from one of the Burning Amp organizers:

Yes it's coming up in 5 days

Sunday, October 6th at Ft Mason in San Francisco

Presentations by Nelson Pass and Scott Wurcer

Demonstrations by Jan Didden and Siegfried Linkwitz

See all the details at www.burningamp.org

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #90 of 187
  Hmm... Sunday... I may go.

If any of you guys are going, then you'll likely meet me there.

$30 entry fee is kinda a show stopper for some though, as I noticed.

Pricy, but it helps them run the group and event, pay some travel costs, and pony up for a chunk of Fort Mason Center.  Consider it a donation.  I don't know if I'll make it or not.  If I can convince the rest of the family to come down, maybe.

I went last year, it is a nice, very laid back event.  Kinda like a science fair for adults.  A bunch of soldering iron and table saw wielding audio geeks.  What could be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back