Mini SF Bay Area meet
Aug 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 187

Bill-P

Headphoneus Supremus
I was thinking we could have a mini meet in the SF Bay Area again, since I bet quite a number of people missed out on the meet at CAS4 and just headed straight for the Headmaster section. Not all of us can make it to CanJam... And then there are some of us who are still itching to hear more gears.

It doesn't have to be a full blown-out meet. If any Head-Fier who lives right in the Bay Area can host us (I'm guessing around 15-20 people) at his home, or if we can all go to a public place, we'll have ourselves a mini meet!

I'm really looking forward to meeting some old friends again, and making new ones!

So who's with me?

------------------------

Voxoa is kind enough to offer us some space for a potential mini meet. So... please let me know!

For around 15 people, more or less, we can provide the place to host the mini meet at Fremont.
It is just off 880, between Auto mall and Stevenson exit, you can see the building on 880.

If the place is ok, let's find a time, it would be better on Oct. 26 (Sat) or Nov. 2nd (Sat) afternoon.

Time: 1PM to 5PM, November 2

Photo of the place:

List of attendees/participants/interested and gears to bring: (current count: 26)
Bill-P - modded Audio Technica ATH-ES10 and ALO Audio Continental V2
thegrobe - Audio-GD SA-1.32 DAC, Decware Zen Taboo Mk.III amp w/ tubes, Audio-GD SA-31 amp, LCD-3 w/ balanced Norse Skuld 8, Heir 8.A and 4.A CIEM, DIY iMod 5G iPod, misc cables and power filter strip, laptop
uzi - Hifiman HE-500, Sennheiser HD650, Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2, Beyerdynamic DT880 600, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80, Denon AH-D2000, Grado SR225i, Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD595, Burson Soloist, Bottlehead Crack+Speedball, Audio-gd NFB-12, Mini^3, HRT Musicstreamer II+, HRT Musicstreamer II
HiFiGuy528 - ?
shane55 - M-DAC, Audio-GD NFB 11, DT880/600
CEE TEE - HD800/HD600, AKG K550, ATH-M50
hselburn - iPad 3, Presonus i18/6vsl
amb - ?
MoNelly - ?
xero404 - MacBook Pro 15, Philips Fidelio X1, Mr. Speaker's Mad Dog 3.2
vaed - Hifiman HE-6, Emotiva Mini-X, Schiit Bifrost, Mr. Speaker's Mad Dog 3.0
gancanjam - Heir Audio 3.ai
rroseperry - ?
questhate - ?
CorwinGraves - ?
topgunsphd - ?
fonzler - HRT Microstreamer, Sony Walkman NW-F806 w/ LOD, Tralucent Audio T1 Amp, Unique Melody Miracles
dyang - ?
redmaw - ?
ArtSJC - ?
jazzfan - ?
Chris_Himself - ?
Stahp - HD650, DT880 (600), W1000X, Hifiman HE-500, Denon D5000, Denon D7000, Beyer COP, WA7 Fireflies, Yulong D100 Mk.II, Yulong Sabre DA8, Grant Fidelity Tube DAC, Aune T1, AK100, Fiio X3, MBP Retina 15"
Mdraluck23 - ?
Questhate - ?
v1ndictiv3 - Sony MDR-MA900, Fidelio X1, Klipsch X10

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 187
I certainly want to try and make it! Sounds like fun.

Gear I would bring:

-Audio-gd SA-1.32 DAC
-Decware Zen Taboo mkIII amp w/ a fist full of tubes
-Audio-gd SA-31 amp
-LCD-3 w/ balanced Norse Skuld 8
-Heir 8.A and 4.A CIEM
-DIY iMod 5G iPod
-Misc cables and power filter strip gizmos
-Laptop

I also have a Decware Zen Triode CSP3 pre amp/HP amp (latest model) and a CEntrance Hi-Fi M8 on the way. Depends on when the meet is, I may have one or both or neither to bring. The way things are looking though, the CSP3 may be here first.

I sold all my other portable gear and off recently in anticipation of the M8, so sorry I don't have much of that to bring.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 187
Quote:
I certainly want to try and make it! Sounds like fun.

I sold all my other portable gear and off recently in anticipation of the M8, so sorry I don't have much of that to bring.

Glad to have you with us! (I sound like a cult leader... LOL)

And don't worry about portable gears. The only reason why I listed only portable gears for myself is because that's all I have now. The rest of the other stuffs are gone. I'm anticipating the closed-back Audeze prototype. And that'll be the end of it for me.

Let's make this meet happen!

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 187
Quote:
How about just do lunch or dinner so we can get to know each other?  I am always thinking about food... :D

Hahaha.... I hear ya!

I can meet more easily now, as I lost my job two weeks ago. Ugh... But like uzi said... it depends on where and when.
I'd love to bring my M-DAC for more to hear as it's kind of rare. And of course my LP rips for some sonic glory!! Hahaha...
My Audio-gd NFB 11 --> DT880/600 combo seemed to please some at the last meet, so maybe that as well.

Cheers!

Richard

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 187
Quote:
Interested ... depending on where and when.

Gotcha!

Quote:
How about just do lunch or dinner so we can get to know each other?  I am always thinking about food... :D

You're not the only one!

I think we can all sit down somewhere, have some nice lunch, and maybe share whatever gear that can fit on the table... within reasons of course. (meat takes precendence!)

Quote:

Hahaha.... I hear ya!

I can meet more easily now, as I lost my job two weeks ago. Ugh... But like uzi said... it depends on where and when.
I'd love to bring my M-DAC for more to hear as it's kind of rare. And of course my LP rips for some sonic glory!! Hahaha...
My Audio-gd NFB 11 --> DT880/600 combo seemed to please some at the last meet, so maybe that as well.

Cheers!

Richard

And... gotcha as well! Really really looking forward to seeing you again.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 187
Quote:

Cheers!

Richard

Oh Richard, so sorry to hear about that...we've still got to catch up.  I'll try to make it out if I can to this, I missed CAS.  (Will be crazy until the end of the year for me).

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #9 of 187
Quote:
Oh Richard, so sorry to hear about that...we've still got to catch up.  I'll try to make it out if I can to this, I missed CAS.  (Will be crazy until the end of the year for me).

Hey Cee Tee.... actually, I am considering it a blessing. It was the fracking worst job... EVER.
Hoping for better things to come. Meanwhile I will try to chill.

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #10 of 187
^Okay! I remember you mentioning that it was not all that great, hope you get to take your time and find a much better gig. (I need to give you a call...)

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #11 of 187
aamefford - ?

Depending on date -
Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs 3.2 balanced
HD650 Balanced
Centrance HIFI-M8 (anytime after 09/02/13)
iBasso PB2/DB2 stack, unless I sell it
Macbook Air and a drive full of music
Couple of iPods
Partridge in a pear tree.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 187
Quote:
aamefford - ?

Depending on date -
Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs 3.2 balanced
HD650 Balanced
Centrance HIFI-M8 (anytime after 09/02/13)
iBasso PB2/DB2 stack, unless I sell it
Macbook Air and a drive full of music
Couple of iPods
Partridge in a pear tree.

Thanks! I got those down.

Dang, I feel embarrassed for bringing so little (one headphone, one amp).

And this is shaping up nicely. I guess we'll have enough people by next week or so, so we can definitely make plans for this to be a late September mini-meet.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 187
Thanks! I got those down.

Dang, I feel embarrassed for bringing so little (one headphone, one amp).

And this is shaping up nicely. I guess we'll have enough people by next week or so, so we can definitely make plans for this to be a late September mini-meet.

That's enough! All my gear fits in a big messenger bag. What doesn't fit stays home.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #14 of 187
Quote:
That's enough! All my gear fits in a big messenger bag. What doesn't fit stays home.

Haha, all my gears fit in either my pocket or on my head/neck.

What doesn't fit stays home. 
redface.gif

I'm surprised I'm not into IEM due to that, though.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 187
Haha, all my gears fit in either my pocket or on my head/neck.

What doesn't fit stays home. 
redface.gif

I'm surprised I'm not into IEM due to that, though.

That's how I started, went up to a couple of desktop rigs, and I'm trying to head back the other direction like you, but with limited success. I can't help it. I have a confession - "My name is Aaron, and I'm a gear person."

"Hi Aaron..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back