Miles Davis Trumpet Appreciation Thread
Aug 18, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #16 of 37

Quote:
We already have an appreciation thread, if you'd like you can post your's here.

No, that's the MD Tribute, this is for the MD Trumpet. Different earphones.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 37

Quote:
This thread is about the Trumpet.. not the Tribute

Yup already said that, the one i just posted in the appreciation thread we're as Head-Fi is going with. Thanks

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #21 of 37

Quote:
This is a very bad start. Two pages of crap. Are these earphones doomed?

I think so
deadhorse.gif

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 37

Quote:
This is a very bad start. Two pages of crap. Are these earphones doomed?

Paging scrane. Paging. Scrane. Scrane, please report to the white courtesy phone concerning the two giant jh3a threads.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #23 of 37
Saw this review on bestbuy.com:

Quote:
BEST IEM'S I'VE OWNED OR EVEN HEARD
I picked these up after doing as much research as I could, and finding almost no reviews on the Trumpet's yet. After taking the gamble, I'll say I feel like I hit the jackpot. I've never had the privelage of hearing sound from a pair of IEM's that even come's close to this. It absolutely blows the competition out of the water.
I'm a baritone saxaphone musician, a former House DJ from New York, and a very eclectic music enthusiast. This pair of IEM's makes every thing I have sound better. I will never travel again without them.
Comparisons: Not as boomy in the bass as the Monster Turbine Pro GOLD, but a very balanced and articulate profile, I can honestly say that its clarity makes the listening of heavier bass lines much better (from Charles Mingus to the Black Eyed Peas).
I don't have a pair of the Miles Davis Tribute's to compare it to, but at the price and with the iPhone/iPod control and with the superior flat cable and unique design, I think that Monster managed to incorporate all of the pro's and none of the con's I saw in the Tributes. Plus, at the lower price tag, you just can't go wrong.
I won't even bother comparing this to the "Beats" line, there is no comparison, this is hands down better.
Bass - Beautifully well rounded and profoundly deep sound
Mids - Excellent body without excessive or overbearing pressure
Highs - Crystal Articulation without being to sharp or grating
I did a 10 hour burn in, and the sound balanced out beautifully, I garantee you will not be disappointed if you make this purchase. Plus, with the new SuperTips fitting, you can't get a better IEM experience (excellent sound isolation).
My only complaint is that the cable is not quite long enough for me. But it does easily reach from my waist to my ears (and I'm 6'2"). Nice carrying case included (I think it's the same one as that came with the Tribute's).
These are the ultimate musicians IEM's, accept nothing less than the best.

What's great about it: Fantastic Sound Profile, Remarkable Clarity, Flat Cable, Unique IEM design, Best Sound Isolation with SuperTips
What's not so great: Cable not quite long enough for me

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #25 of 37
Darn another thread that could use an actual user's first impressions! Gents FYI I've already posted the following comments on two other threads so pardon the repetition. Enjoy!

"Hello guys I don't post here often but since I've just discovered this thread I should add my two cents. I picked up my Monster Trumpets three days ago at my local Best Buy and must say I am extremely pleased so far. Styling and general build quality is much better person. The attention to detail is phenomenal and though small, they don't feel particularly delicate.

So far I've mostly ran them directly off my iPhone 4 playing back AAC & AIFF files and I must say I am quite impressed with the sonics. Like all IEM's what's key is to find the tips that offers the best seal and best sonics. And when you do, watch out, these are the real deal! I don't have but a handful of hours on them yet for lack of time but they are VERY impressive: bass is deep and tight, mids are very clear and possess a high degree of resolution, and the highs are very extended and rather sweet. Image size is realistic (big drums whacks sound, well, big) and dynamics seem unrestrained. Acoustic instruments, particularly, are rendered harmonically rich and tonally faithful.

Considering these things aren't anywhere close to being fully broken-in I would say they are shaping up to being my favorite IEM's. FYI I also own Monster Beats Tour & original Turbine, Shure SE-530e, Klipsch Image X10, Ultimate Ears $200 level model that escapes my mind, amongst a handful of others. Over the ear 'phones include Grado GS-1000i & 325i, Sennheiser HD-650, AKG-701, Beyerdynamics DT-880, Stax SR-84, amongst several others. Main headphone amp at the moment is Grado RA-1 (battery) and the Cayin HA-1A. As I log more hours I can do a more extensive follow up with musical references."

Best! Oz

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 37
I just bought MD Trumpet for my gf as an X' mas present. She unpacked today but couldn't find any labeling of L and R on the IEM. But I noticed that the trumpet-like buttons are located on only one side. Is that side the left or right? I suppose which side is L and R is mentioned in the manual but obviously I don't have access to now. Any help is appreciated.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #29 of 37
Yes. I also didn't have the L and R on my, don't know why they still use that artwork on the package.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #30 of 37
How do these compare with the miles davis tribute headphones?? and the other monster turbines?? I really like how they look and am definitely considering selling my Pro Golds for a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back