Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
Mar 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #46 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lost a set of GS 1000's with a Blackdragon XLR cable on it's way to Italy. I was stupid enough to listen to the girl at the USPS and sent it first class mail. It is gone no way to trace it poof. I know what it's like to let it go!

There are lots of horror stories circulating about Italian customs. Many Ebay sellers and gear manufacturers will not ship to Italy.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #47 of 297
people don't understand that with regard to lawsuits, except for those involving very high stakes or pure contingency, the only party who really wins are the lawyers.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #49 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really sorry to hear about your loss. I purchased a SP MPX3 maxed out in the FS forum. Amp arrived damaged, but was insured. I got an estimate from SP for repairing it which was 1.2K. I am thankful that USPS just paid the insured amount and took the amp. Dealing with him would have driven me NUTS.

Sounds like some patterns are emerging on these scams. The money spent on the wall wart power supply, to be tied up with inferior methods, looks to be intentional. How many claims were paid to SP insuring a shipment? Any others have a "damaged" unit that had to be sent back?

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #50 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so you know he is still trading and taking orders. Also he continues to supply his UK distributor.

You've got to be kidding!
mad.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #52 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are lots of horror stories circulating about Italian customs. Many Ebay sellers and gear manufacturers will not ship to Italy.

I know my folks stopped sending gifts to our extended family in Italy. Customs there are evil. They will hold the package and call us asking for extra money to have it released from customs or customs personnel will keep the contents. Yes, you read that correctly, Italian customs officials were essentially putting our gifts up for ransom. And this occurred to about 75% of the packages we shipped.

Mar 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #53 of 297
The world's a candy store and the shop keeper is indisposed. The govts. are as bad as any other thief. We just keep getting violated.

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #54 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like some patterns are emerging on these scams. The money spent on the wall wart power supply, to be tied up with inferior methods, looks to be intentional. How many claims were paid to SP insuring a shipment? Any others have a "damaged" unit that had to be sent back?

Sorry.... To be clear. The amp was shipped to me by a head-fier and was damaged in shipment. Fortunately, the seller insured it for what I paid. I thought that USPS might fix it so we got an estimate from SP. I was VERY thankful I didn't send it to SP for repairs. Ended up with my ZD instead
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #55 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The world's a candy store and the shop keeper is indisposed. The govts. are as bad as any other thief. We just keep getting violated.

Isn't that the truth!

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #56 of 297
He is still taking orders. I emailed him for kicks and he responded in only two hours.

"We have one very nicely upgraded unit in stock ready to ship, and another that will require 3 to 4 weeks to complete. New builds will require approximately 2 to 3 months to complete due to our current lead times on our custom built units.

The two available include the following:

Maestro ZR with Plitron Transformer
Black Gate NX coupling capacitors
Solid Silver point to point wiring 99.9999% pure.
4 inputs, 3 outputs selectable
Upgraded power supply internals with Black Gate final filters, and Vcap regulator caps
Upgraded output capacitors Large high capacitance, High speed Nichicon caps.
Singlepower Stepped attenuator, Direct Path Model

It's one of nicest units we've built, and is in new condition used only for demo purposes in the last six months.

Price is $5800, Retail is $6900 for a new build.

The second model we have is in process and is currently without modifications, and is a standard build from stock. Total time to completion is approximately 4 weeks. Stock models are $5200 delivered.

Let me know if you have any questions. Here are some attached pictures of the many models we've built around the Maestro ZR model type.

-
Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
Tel: 303-340-2544
Main: 303-523-0581
Hours: M - F 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM MST.
Mikhail@singlepower.com
"

This dude is something else.

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #57 of 297
Thank You,
Mikhail Rotenberg
Singlepower Audio Inc.
Main: 303-523-0581
Hours: M - F 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM MST.
Mikhail@singlepower.com

----------------------------------

That number is connected to
G. Rotenberg
Aurora, Colorado 80010

No physical address

The other number is unlisted.

So he must use a PO Box i think.

Have someone who lives close by see if hes at the post office any certain day and time and someone can meet him there and ask for their money.

Why do alot of criminals run to Colorado?

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #58 of 297
Drag0n, I don't see "a lot of criminals running to Colorado", and afaik Mikhail/Single Power has always been located here

Aurora is a large place though, so don't expect being able to hunt him down easily

but here's some fun from Google:
eBay Store - USA Tubes: World War II Era, Western Electric, Tung-Sol
Machine Design: Goldpoint Audio

Quote:

Goldpoint Audio
1750 Chambers Rd., Suite B
Aurora, CO 80011
USA

either he renamed the company, or ironically got that phone # by random assignment (and it just happened to be another audio company, realize this is VERY unlikely)

this supports my theory as well:
Local.com

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #59 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drag0n, I don't see "a lot of criminals running to Colorado", and afaik Mikhail/Single Power has always been located here

Aurora is a large place though, so don't expect being able to hunt him down easily

but here's some fun from Google:
eBay Store - USA Tubes: World War II Era, Western Electric, Tung-Sol
Machine Design: Goldpoint Audio

either he renamed the company, or ironically got that phone # by random assignment (and it just happened to be another audio company, realize this is VERY unlikely)

this supports my theory as well:
Local.com

Interesting.
popcorn.gif

There is another Goldpoint in California, funny he choose the same name.
This guy sounds like a HUGE sleezeball

Mar 14, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #60 of 297
I thought he had simply ceased all operations. Still taking new orders??? Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back