Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Feb 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #196 of 334
I planning on just bringing around my Note 2 with a host of usb adapters so I can use digital out to any dac.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #197 of 334
Quote:
I planning on just bringing around my Note 2 with a host of usb adapters so I can use digital out to any dac.

Basically what I'm doing
tongue.gif

Hopefully I can get some larger SD cards before the meet... I have a total of 4 GB at the moment since I just stopped using SD before larger sizes were available...

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #198 of 334
Hi everyone,
Is there room for one more? I don't necessarily need table space.

Gamma2 DAC
Objective2 amp
Pure i20 - - - - - - - - iPod dock if anyone wants a digital output from their iPod (coaxial S/PDIF and optical TOSLINK). Does not work with Rockbox.
Mini3 amp
iPod Classic 120GB

modded T50RPs
RE-262
RE-Zero (for sale)

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #199 of 334
Just to make sure it doesn't get lost in the posts, add a Grado RS2i courtesy of me. My friend is lending me his for a while.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #202 of 334
I share your pain... Just bought a pair of "very good condition" V-moda M80's on Amazon. 

I'll bring them to the meet if they sound good :wink:

Please bring them! I would love to compare my M-100 and the M-80!

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #204 of 334
Quote:
I might come. wife and baby.

Senn HD800
Beta-22
Lavry DA10
DVD player

Eugene

I love you.

On another note, I'm really excited for this meet. I can't wait to find out which headphone I want to be with for the rest of my life.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #205 of 334
Quote:
I love you.

On another note, I'm really excited for this meet. I can't wait to find out which headphone I want to be with for the rest of my life.

Same, this will be so cool getting to hear the headphones i'll want forever.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #206 of 334
last time i headrd the HD800 I was really unimpressed. They did everything perfectly (like the HE6) except the low bass. It felt like they were missing entire very important notes, and I'm not talking 20-30hz, i'm talking 40-60hz. i think something was wrong with the way they were being driven or the amp or the connection. I'll have to give them another go with my slew of test tracks and a bunch of random music.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #207 of 334
Quote:
last time i headrd the HD800 I was really unimpressed. They did everything perfectly (like the HE6) except the low bass. It felt like they were missing entire very important notes, and I'm not talking 20-30hz, i'm talking 40-60hz. i think something was wrong with the way they were being driven or the amp or the connection. I'll have to give them another go with my slew of test tracks and a bunch of random music.

Sounds like it had bad amp synergy.

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #208 of 334
My M80s came in today.

Let me just say, I can't believe the sound these produce given how small they are. I had no idea how tiny these are; much smaller than the HD-25 1-II. It was startling to say the least.

Comfort is... eh. The clamping is a bit much, but hey, they're suppose to stay on your noggin! The construction is phenomenal; they feel practically indestructible.

Overall, I think these are a keeper. Pretty ****ing good all around I'd say. Should make excellent travel 'phones 
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #209 of 334
Quote:
My M80s came in today.

Let me just say, I can't believe the sound these produce given how small they are. I had no idea how tiny these are; much smaller than the HD-25 1-II. It was startling to say the least.

Comfort is... eh. The clamping is a bit much, but hey, they're suppose to stay on your noggin! The construction is phenomenal; they feel practically indestructible.

Overall, I think these are a keeper. Pretty ****ing good all around I'd say. Should make excellent travel 'phones 
biggrin.gif

Nice!

I've wanted them for a while, but my HA-S500s always filled the "nice, fun portable that's not very comfortable" quota a bit too well to upgrade.

It'll be a blast to hear though!

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #210 of 334
Well, almost ready to order the LCD2s. I'm seriously considering having them hardwired by Robert with his Zeus cable from AphroditeCu29 site, but maybe not in time for the meet. I'ma think it over. I'll also be posting impressions if they don't blow my mind so much I forget. I'm not really sure what to expect as the denon bass when tightened is amazing. 

(Also, go see Django Unchained if you haven't. Most entertaining movie I've seen in years.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back