Miami Meet 2/18/06
Dec 31, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #61 of 302
I will book a room but that's all I can commit to at the moment. However, I need to see some real interest and committment. What happened to the new guys that started this thread? I have what maybe a real bad month of January. February would be my preference. The end of January may work out for me.

Dec 31, 2005 at 4:55 AM Post #63 of 302
Thanks for all the kind words guys.As you can imagine,I'm happy as a clam and can't wait to post the 1 week baby pictures with the HE90's on.The end of Jan.,or a weekend in Feb. will be o.k. for me and Xenia(you spelled it right Mike).It looked that we would have 12-15 people at one point,so everyone speak up.Gary.

P.S.Expected birthday is July 4th.
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #64 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
Thanks for all the kind words guys.As you can imagine,I'm happy as a clam and can't wait to post the 1 week baby pictures with the HE90's on.The end of Jan.,or a weekend in Feb. will be o.k. for me and Xenia(you spelled it right Mike).It looked that we would have 12-15 people at one point,so everyone speak up.Gary.

biggrin.gif

Have the baby wait a day. My birhday is July 5.

Dec 31, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #65 of 302
Congrats on the baby, Gary.
biggrin.gif

I'd be more likely to attend the meet if it was sometime in mid or late febuary.

Jan 1, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #67 of 302
I'm about to close on my new condo and was thinking I can probably get use of our club room or use my unit if you are interested in saving the cost of renting a room somewhere. The building is located in downtown Miami across from Bayfront Park. I'll know better later on in the week whether I can get our club room but it would make a very nice meeting spot I'd think.

My name is Jamie btw
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #68 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2

biggrin.gif

Congratulations! Does the goverment do something special for people born of the 4th of July? I swear I read something about it.

Jan 2, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #69 of 302
The odds of the baby actually being born on the 4th are slim,but I've never heard of any special incentives for this.Jamie,the club room thing sounds good to me,anything to save money right now for sure!I'd really like to meet some of these new guys,so let's make this happen.Gary.

Jan 2, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #70 of 302
Congrats, Gary and Xenia, about the baby! Let's see, July 4th minus 9 months? When was that Tampa meet again? Sure it wasn't Ray!?!?
biggrin.gif
(Boo!)
evil_smiley.gif

New topic... I'm seeing a lot of discussion in this thread about the Cayman meet in February, but so far there isn't a lot of interest (only agile_one, steveio, and immtbiker that I know of) so if it would make more sense, I'd have no problem moving it to the summer. May and June are usually great months in Cayman (although a little hotter than in February) and they have the added advantage to being sqarely outside of the "high season" (meaning high hotel rates) for tourism, and it would also be much before hurricane season which usually starts in September. In any case, I'm totally flexible in terms of timing and don't want it to interfere with either the National meet in April or anything that develops for a South Florida meet.

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #72 of 302
Well we closed on our condo
biggrin.gif

I will talk to the building manager on Monday about reserving the club room. I'll let you guys know what the deal is, I'm *assuming* I can reserve it for a few hours without any problems. Then we'll just need a date & time!

Jan 7, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #73 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
biggrin.gif

I will talk to the building manager on Monday about reserving the club room. I'll let you guys know what the deal is, I'm *assuming* I can reserve it for a few hours without any problems. Then we'll just need a date & time!

Typically, our meets are all day affairs. There may be people coming from out of state and from other parts of Florida. The last meet was from around 10am until 5pm or thereabouts. Then there is the after meet party. See how long they are willing to give you on a Saturday. Let us know how much space is available. Also, checkout the room for electric outlets.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #74 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
biggrin.gif

Icehawk, many condos have a set charge for the use of the facilities. They will explain it as a cleaning fee and usually they are very strict and do not backout of you paying it.

If your building is in that category post here, I am sure all of the participants wont have a problem in contributing so you do not foot the bill. As a matter of fact I propose you do not pay anything (if a fee is required) and we do. How does that sound to the rest?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back