Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,188 of 7,712
  Thanks for answers, I will ask their HQ when feel like getting another headphones. BTW, how the meze 99 compare to beyerdynamic dt 770 32 or 990 250 ? If anyone knows . Thanks !

I have the DT770 32 ohm and I much prefer the warmer sound of the Meze 99 Classics

Nov 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #1,190 of 7,712
DT990
Open back
Need good setup
airy 
Good with songs with bright upper ranges
Amazing soundstage
Built like a tank. Top notch comfort 

Meze 99
Closed back
Very easy to listen to
Punchy bass
On the warm side
Involving
Good (but not great) soundstage.

I Use Meze 99 as the all around can. DT990 when I want the soundstage and the bright upper range. 

Thanks for answers, I will ask their HQ when feel like getting another headphones. BTW, how the meze 99 compare to beyerdynamic dt 770 32 or 990 250 ? If anyone knows . Thanks !

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #1,191 of 7,712
Nov 17, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,193 of 7,712
Hey MezeTeam, do you guys have any Black Friday deals on the 99 classics? I've been debating whether I should get them as a Christmas present to myself, and a Black Friday/cyber Monday deal may just help the decision along. :)

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #1,194 of 7,712
I seem to recall that the price might actually go up a little bit. Don't remember where I read that though. In my opinion they are worth every penny of the current price but there might be an Amazon deal coming, who knows? The problem is that there is no newer 99 Classics model coming out so it's not like they have to get rid of old stock.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #1,195 of 7,712
I seem to recall that the price might actually go up a little bit. Don't remember where I read that though. In my opinion they are worth every penny of the current price but there might be an Amazon deal coming, who knows? The problem is that there is no newer 99 Classics model coming out so it's not like they have to get rid of old stock.

Hmmmm.... may have to get them anyway. I obsess over good looking headphones. I actually had the beats studio wireless for a while. (Still have them but I gave them to my dad)
Reading the reviews is what made me want them the most. If I wasn't getting the Trinity Phantom Master 6 I'd order them right now.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #1,198 of 7,712
Shamefully, I must say that I have 70mm long ears. I wonder if I would get a comfortable fit using the 64mm pads. Anyone with my size of ears who could share his/her experience?

Also, which would be the best relatively low priced DAC/Amp for the 99's?

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #1,199 of 7,712
  Shamefully, I must say that I have 70mm long ears. I wonder if I would get a comfortable fit using the 64mm pads. Anyone with my size of ears who could share his/her experience?

Also, which would be the best relatively low priced DAC/Amp for the 99's?

Thanks.

The Meze are stupid-easy to drive...I had some of my best listening out of My Dragonfly 1.2...the new Dragonfly Black is only $99.  That's about as cheap as I can think of...anything inexpensive from Fiio et all would likely work, too.

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,200 of 7,712
The Meze are stupid-easy to drive...I had some of my best listening out of My Dragonfly 1.2...the new Dragonfly Black is only $99.  That's about as cheap as I can think of...anything inexpensive from Fiio et all would likely work, too.

Considering I won't make atm a greater investment than the 99 classics, would I really benefit from the red more than the black? Would looking for a DSD compatible DAC even matter with this headphones? I was exactly looking for a Black like investment, but I would go for the red if it would benefit my listening experience. I just want what's right for the 99's. I currently have an old sflo2, the Galaxy s7 edge, a x1 yoga notebook at the office, and the Sennheiser ie8 iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back