Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,173 of 7,712

Do you mean that switching from tubemagic D1 to another dac/amp would sort my issue ? It would not surprise me btw

(or is it the earpads ?)

If you examine my rig (cales included) you would NOT be surprised at all.
Bigger earpads make their own, yet Fostex HP-V1 makes for a BIG improvement in soundscape and details with (but not limited to) those headphones/IEM that have too much of a bass presence or limited soundscape.
So 99 fall into first Group (as RHA-10 do) and PM3 in the second one.
Just take the first Movement from "The Four Seasons" by Cho-Liang Lin, Anthony Newman & Sejong (352/24). Cymbals are there but just with a very shy perception, out of Mojo. With Fostex plugged in they are right at their place and bass is under control as all of other frequencies are. Soundscape is terrific also.

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,174 of 7,712
Hi all anyone compared meze 99 with pryma by sonus faber or v moda x 100?

I found VModa M100
Meze 99 Classics are here

The first have a bass which albeit not properly being out of phase, IMHO is overly present up to 200Hz, Mids are a little bit too recessed (bass level wise) as treble are, as well.
With updated 64mm pads Meze 99 bass is more educate so @MezeTeam why not asking @Tyll Hertsens to replicate measuring with these pads?

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,175 of 7,712
Hey guys, new owner here, Maple/Silver,
Contanted Meze for new pads, they said only available in black,
Price plus shipping 25€. I think, I'll send them back.
as good looking they are, comfort is a hit, and the lack of right accessories is
another one.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,176 of 7,712
  Hey guys, new owner here, Maple/Silver,
Contanted Meze for new pads, they said only available in black,
Price plus shipping 25€. I think, I'll send them back.
as good looking they are, comfort is a hit, and the lack of right accessories is
another one.

Luckily comfort is ok for me with the normal pads, but I agree that not releasing the large pads to go with the maple/silver version is a bit hard to swallow.
How hard is to get cream leather rather than black ?

I suspect they haven't sold enough maple/silver units to bother...

Nov 15, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #1,180 of 7,712
  Does anyone know where to get these in Romania ? They are made in the country, yet you can;t find them anywhere :)

Contact them at their HQ in Baia Mare. I'm sure they can help you out. I got mine there and had to travel all the way from Australia for it :)
To my knowledge there is no place you can buy them from in Romania. PM me if you need details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back