Meridian 808i owners
Feb 25, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #61 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None of the NAIM digital source components play either SA-CD or DVD-Audio to the best of my knowledge and my experiences at a few authorized NAIM dealers in my area. You will have to try other manufacturers.

Who needs SACD when CDs can sound so incredible?

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #62 of 140
I've always been partial to Wadia ever since I first heard one about 10 years ago. It was connected directly to a couple of Mark Levinson monoblocks and a pair of Thiel CS7.2's.

And I kick myself everytime I think back on that because I had the opportunity to purchase a brand new Wadia CDP through my employee purchase for $2500!!!!
blink.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #63 of 140
Welly,

Here is another idea:

Emm Labs CDSA SE CD. Not many reviews out yet, but it's a 1-box, Meitner drive that retails for less than the Meridian and supposedly better than their DCC2/CDSD combo. I've been watching the Ayre C-5xe, Cary 306SACD, the Wadia 581, and the Esoteric X-01/X-03, but this one likely tops them all.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #64 of 140
Meridian Audio says their Signature Reference 808i is a limited edition piece. There is no hard quota as to how many they will manufacture, but it is not going to be made available for sale forever either. It was released in August 2004 if I recall correctly. So, it will be three years later when I acquire mine. Hopefully, I won't be too late.
confused.gif

By the way, I am not pulling people's chain with this thread.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #67 of 140
Quote:

Meridian Audio says their Signature Reference 808i is a limited edition piece. There is no hard quota as to how many they will manufacture, but it is not going to be made available for sale forever either. It was released in August 2004 if I recall correctly. So, it will be three years later when I acquire mine. Hopefully, I won't be too late.
confused.gif

By the way, I am not pulling people's chain with this thread.

I doubt Meridian will pull the plug that quicker Welly, its a hot seller and a great competitor..as long as it does not get to costly to manufacture they should be making them for awhile.

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #68 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt Meridian will pull the plug that quicker Welly, its a hot seller and a great competitor..as long as it does not get to costly to manufacture they should be making them for awhile.

Yup, the market for $10,000 + cd players is exploding, go to best buy today to get yours!!!
biggrin.gif

As for cost of manufacture, that 10 cent DVD-rom sure is pricey when bought in bulk.

Don't worry, I have a G08, so I am allowed to flame products from my own company that I could only dream about owning
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #69 of 140
Quote:

seacard:

does it have any analog or digital inputs? I don't see any in the technical specifications.

Holding out on SA-CD till it croaks its' last dying breath, huh?
wink.gif

Hey, it's up to you and I to save the format...

And besides, I hear that EMM Redbook playback is pretty good.

(don't know about the inputs)

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #70 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, the market for $10,000 + cd players is exploding, go to best buy today to get yours!!!
biggrin.gif

As for cost of manufacture, that 10 cent DVD-rom sure is pricey when bought in bulk.

Don't worry, I have a G08, so I am allowed to flame products from my own company that I could only dream about owning
biggrin.gif

30-40% man accept it!

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #71 of 140
Quote:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

ya mon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #72 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by seacard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welly,

Here is another idea:

Emm Labs CDSA SE CD. Not many reviews out yet, but it's a 1-box, Meitner drive that retails for less than the Meridian and supposedly better than their DCC2/CDSD combo. I've been watching the Ayre C-5xe, Cary 306SACD, the Wadia 581, and the Esoteric X-01/X-03, but this one likely tops them all.

I've been looking at that one also. Unfortunately it does not have digital inputs, so its a no go for me. Probably have to go with a DCC2/CDSD combo.

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #73 of 140
Too bad for me that not enough Meridian 808i come up on Audiogon.
Todd, here I come!

The Meitner SE does not have any type of inputs so it is not something that would interest me. I would like to keep everything in one box for space saving. Thanks.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #75 of 140
Quote:

LOL!
Man, I'd like to know what the 808 costs in parts alone.

Quote:

confused.gif

Are you afraid Meridian is getting out of the lofty high end or you're trying to miss out on the 909i?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back