Meier HEADSIX - let the hype begin
Sep 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #31 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
headsix.jpg

Hmmm, certainly Move-ish looking with no visible crossfeed switch...and again with the two-tone color scheme...if it's to scale with that 9v it's super-tiny...now, where did I put my glasses?
blink.gif

I knew something was holding me back from pulling the trigger on the Move. Just didn't need that DAC which nobody seemed to like in an otherwise excellent portable amp. If this sounds as good as the Move, this might be the amp for me (until the Xin Ref arrives that is
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #32 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With luck, the Headsix will be the amp section of the MOVE and no DAC, given how good I feel the MOVE is.

that is either the call of the year or Skylab has joined Meier's development team!

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #33 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is either the call of the year or Skylab has joined Meier's development team!

LOL! Just good luck it seems (although we haven't heard that it's exactly the case yet, have we?).

Also, if crossfeed did indeed miss the cut, I would miss that.

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #34 of 67
Quote:

LOL! Just good luck it seems (although we haven't heard that it's exactly the case yet, have we?).

I would doubt that. There hasn't been a single Meier amp without it.(well, maybe the tube one which doesn't sell any more) It's pretty much Jans trademark.

Edit: Then again, I can't find a crossfeed switch either.

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #37 of 67
Nice! I just sold my Hornet, looks like my wallet's gonna hurt soon by Jan's doing again! (looks like I'm an RSA to Meier convert
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #38 of 67
Looks like everyone is going to have some tough choices coming up.
My guess ~$190 for Headsix vs. $3XX for a Tomahawk or a Hornet. Just when I thought I could relax and just enjoy the music. Not that I'm complaining. It's really great to see all these guys all over the world really pushing the limits of what they can engineer. I just hope that they can all stay profitable and have fun doing it along the way. Cheers.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #42 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too late. everyone just bought a pico.

Nope
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #43 of 67
Double nope
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #44 of 67
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would doubt that. There hasn't been a single Meier amp without it.(well, maybe the tube one which doesn't sell any more) It's pretty much Jans trademark.
Edit: Then again, I can't find a crossfeed switch either.

mebbe it's got always-on crossfeed?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too late. everyone just bought a pico.

while waiting for their xin refs to arrive....
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #45 of 67
I asked Jan if this was going to be as good as the move...

"In my opinion the MOVE is still the better amp. But it also costs more and is bigger."

Question is how much better, and how much more.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back