Meier HEADSIX - let the hype begin
Oct 1, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #61 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just thinking how much more interested in the MOVE I'd be if it was a little smaller and cheaper.

Hopefully $150 will be the price, it'd be a bargain.

I think you're dreaming. IMHO ~ $190 but even at that it would be a bargain if the SQ is equal to the Move. The Dr. won't have any problem selling a ton of these at that price. The standard portable is the Tomahawk at $295, that would be $100 more. Ray offers some nice color options that you have to pay more for plus the bullet-proof build but I'll say it again, things are getting very interesting in the headfi world. Competition is indeed very good.

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #62 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbird151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're dreaming. IMHO ~ $190 but even at that it would be a bargain if the SQ is equal to the Move. The Dr. won't have any problem selling a ton of these at that price. The standard portable is the Tomahawk at $295, that would be $100 more. Ray offers some nice color options that you have to pay more for plus the bullet-proof build but I'll say it again, things are getting very interesting in the headfi world. Competition is indeed very good.

I think 150$ is a very reasonable price. Look at the comparison between the Aria and the Headfive. The headfive is substantilly less in price, but has the same sort of sound class. The Move without USB DAC, potentially without crossfeed, and with the standard special head-fi discount, a 90$ discount isn't TOO unreasonable. Let the Dr. do his magic...

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #63 of 67
My guess would be $150 as well. But this is purely a guess.

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #65 of 67
Maybe because of the extra features but the HeadSix should be similar overall.

A Move without the DAC like others have already said.

Oct 2, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #66 of 67
I'll wait for some impressions. Have to save for my holiday so I can't get the money together that quickly anyway... plus I haven't been going to work. Hopefully it will be what I want, which would be a Move without the DAC, and whether or not it has crossfeed doesn't bother me.

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #67 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...seems just about the right time for us to all run yelling through the streets, pawn our Moves, blurt out guestimated prices. 150$ FTW!

This was the first "price guess" of the thread and it was spot on... except that it's $150 shipped from Germany if paying by cash. $165 shipped if paying by Paypal. Funny how a lot of people said "there's no way it's going to be that cheap."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back