Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Followup!
Feb 9, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #226 of 242
So I left town last Sunday and. voila, mine showed up on Monday (1/31)....
just got back last night - what a killer week of waiting- and have had the
PCII running since. It is nice! In some ways better than my PIMETA, but
maybe too early to make that judgement. Has anyone compared the two?

Feb 10, 2005 at 6:45 AM Post #227 of 242
Canadian Update: I got mine today.. because I drove to his house =p so the rest of the Canadian members should get them soon!
Well Actually I have two since I picked my friend's amp up too. I switched one to class A and left the other in AB. And A/B tested them and perfered the class A one, but it was a slight margin. I'm using a sony d-ne1 pcdp -> solid silver mini to mini -> porta corda mk II -> er4s

I find the sound.. so so. Well it's good.. but it's not like WOW. It does have strengths but it seems a bit on the warm/dark side compared to my portable pimeta with AD8620/8610 in the past... but overall i'm pleased with it for a portable application.

With a blind test I was able to pick out the class A 3/3 times so I'm thinking it's not just placebo. Anyways i'm too lazy to do anymore testing. I'll just leave it in class A.

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #228 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
I find the sound.. so so. Well it's good.. but it's not like WOW. It does have strengths but it seems a bit on the warm/dark side compared to my portable pimeta with AD8620/8610 in the past... but overall i'm pleased with it for a portable application.

I have mine running in Class A (didn't even bother with AB) and in some ways
like it better than my PIMETA - indeed a bit "darker" and warmer, but maybe a
bit more musical. I really like the crossfeed. Might just use it for portable use,
and convert my PIMETA into a desktop amp with ELPAC power and add a
crossfeed module - it sucks batteries dry, which in and of itself makes the PCII a
better portable amp.

Feb 11, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #229 of 242
I really like the amp for somethings but I really do hate it for other things. I'm finding it's okay with the er4s, but seems to have trouble pushing the 650s.. but I never expected it to really drive the 650s well. Is it just me, or does the soundstage sound excessively small?

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #230 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
I really like the amp for somethings but I really do hate it for other things. I'm finding it's okay with the er4s, but seems to have trouble pushing the 650s.. but I never expected it to really drive the 650s well. Is it just me, or does the soundstage sound excessively small?

Yea, the sound stage is kinda small. I find it powers my 605s ok, not great, but ok, and I like the crossfeed overall, even with the smaller sound stage. It's a very musical amp. Too bad the Headroom TA kills highs, it powered the 650s better, and had a broader sound stage.

Feb 22, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #233 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by toor
So has anybody gotten their amp in canada(not including people who picked theirs up)? Also, do we know how they were shipped? I am assuming by standard postal service.

Woah.....
It's been 2 weeks

El cheepo perulator is a 2 day trip from vancouver to calgary.

Whats going on?

Has anyone got theirs?
If the anwser is no, I'll shoot him off an email.

So please let me know!

Feb 22, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #234 of 242
still nothing here
frown.gif

It's ok though I have hd650s to play with so I'm not anxious for new toys anymore
580smile.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #238 of 242
And heres his reply

I apologize for the lack of contact. I have been on business in Australia and New Zealand. I will be back in Vancouver this weekend. My girlfriend was supposed to have shipped the PC IIs out to their owners, however she had a family emergency the day after I left. This required her to take a flight out to Ontario. I will be sending out the PC IIs via Xpressmail to all group buyers.

hmmm hopefully soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back