Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Followup!
Feb 1, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #211 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by stet
My bass-check song, Stetsasonic's "The Odad," sounds tight and controlled, and the steel drums and kettle are crisp with both the PPs and MS1s; The Clash's "Lost in the Supermarket" just sounds sick, esp. the cymbals.

Yes. The clarity and crispness of the drums is definitely noticeable. I actually noticed a lot more detailed sound in the high-middle area of the spectrum. There's a noticeable difference in how much detail you get out of certain instruments and precussion that just wasn't there before with the iPod amp. I've found this thing brings out some subtle aspects of the music that just weren't really pronouced enough to notice before.

I would say that people who aren't really into audio wouldn't notice much of a difference, but anyone who has even a passing interest ni this stuff would immediately notice just how much more rich the sound was. The iPod amp sounds flat and lifeless now.

I have found that the low end is fine too. I think people talking about "artificial" low end are just used to setups without a lot of low end. Most of my music listening before I got the iPod was in the car which has a (boomy) 10" sub in it, so there is nothing about it that sounds boomy or artificial to me at all. It just sounds smoother and much punchier and more noticeable. I think headphones are weak on bass to begin with and this just brings it out to a point where you can really appreciate it.

Feb 1, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #212 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkman666
Interesting stet, cos I find my new PC MKII makes a big diff with my HD-25s using my iPod and sik din.

I dunno. Maybe it's that closed sound; it just doesnt' sound as 'lively' as the PPs or MS1s. I just put on Samiam "Soar" (closest I could guess to hard alternative), and while I can hear it's more controlled, it seems less aggressive than unamped. But with the MS1s and PPs, amping them made them more um, out of respect for not butchering actual jargon here, rockin' or head-noddy.

well. I can honestly say words fail me, how's that?
rs1smile.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #213 of 242
Hey, it's a very subjective thing, this listening thing, and you know what you hear a lot better than I do! Sounds like you are enjoying the PC MK II with those Alessandro's mucho. Cool. And me, my HD-25s....and the beat goes on...

- walkman666

Feb 2, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #216 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
Ahhhhh!!!!
I want mine.
Any idea on how the Canadian order is coming?

I just emailed Trevor and he still hasn't got the amps.
Hopefully they come soon!
orphsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #217 of 242
PC arrived safely here in Northern California...thanks Jude!!

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #219 of 242
My PC II came today.
It is, even without burn in, as good , if not better then i hoped for.
(My expectations where high, so I`m saying quite some thing!)

My thanks to every body who made this possible!

Feb 8, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #221 of 242
I guess I'll throw out another inquiry into the state of the Canadian amps?

Trevor, have you got them yet?

Edit: Hmmm seems Trevor got banned....how is this all going to work out.
Kinda feel stranded...

Feb 8, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #223 of 242
Hi,

I'd also like to know about the Canadian orders -- I, like all of you, am very grateful to Jude and Co. for organizing and seeing through this group buy, but it would be nice to know that the PC II is now finally on its way here. It has been a few months since ordering.

cool.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #224 of 242
I just got an email from Trevor that he got the amps today and will be shipping them out today and tommorow.
So we should get them late this week or early next week, I believe.

I'm going to thank Jan, Trevor and Jude for this opertunity.

And I hope Jude and Trevor can resolve whatever issues they have.

Feb 8, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #225 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
I just got an email from Trevor that he got the amps today and will be shipping them out today and tommorow.
So we should get them late this week or early next week, I believe.

I'm going to thank Jan, Trevor and Jude for this opertunity.

And I hope Jude and Trevor can resolve whatever issues they have.

Thanks for the heads-up. Looking forward to hearing the PC II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back