Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Followup!
Jan 1, 2005 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 242

AboveBeyond

Head-Fier
Since the official thread is locked and the groupbuy is over, I would like to make this thread for people to discuss the MKII. Particularly for people to let others know that they've recieved the amp, their reviews of the amp, etc.

eggosmile.gif

I really, really hope that Jude will ship the first U.S. batch Monday because I really need to get the amp in my hands (or rather in my head)! I'm dying over here, I got the power supply just a couple days ago and it needs something to plug in
evil_smiley.gif
basshead.gif

Jan 2, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 242
what power supply did you get?

Jan 2, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 242
Guys,if you don't mind I'm moving this to the amplification forums with a redirect from the member's lounge.

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 242
Sorry, everyone, but I took as much time away from the computer as possible over the holidays (because computers = work for me). I'm back today.

The first U.S. batch went out, over a period of two days (I got to the post office, and was told I had to fill out an insurance form for each amp, so I had to come back the next day to send the rest, since I caught them just before closing the first day).

The final order stats will be sent to Jan Meier today or tomorrow (I have a couple of internationals pending), and the final cases sent out a day or two after that from Germany (and then sent from here as soon as they arrive).

I'll update the list when I can. If you know you paid me via PayPal, then you should be fine. One or two guys paid by money order, and should already be on the list.

Happy New Year to you all. If it makes you feel any better, the Porta Corda MkII is a fantastic little amp.
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 242
Sweet, thanks for the update Jude!
600smile.gif

Oh man, the Corda's on it's way, and my 650's have shipped out... looks like a second XMAS is in store for me
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #11 of 242
[size=medium]JUST received my Porta Corda from the group buy
eggosmile.gif

[/size]

[size=large]THANKS JUDE and JAN!!!
[/size]

Not using it yet - allowing it to equalize with the weather conditions here... (Erie PA - cold and moist right now). I will be leaving it in the open for a few hours before I install a 9V battery and turn it on. My PSU is here as well and I am soldering the leads
tongue.gif

FUN!!!!

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #13 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
Sorry, everyone, but I took as much time away from the computer as possible over the holidays (because computers = work for me). I'm back today.

The first U.S. batch went out, over a period of two days (I got to the post office, and was told I had to fill out an insurance form for each amp, so I had to come back the next day to send the rest, since I caught them just before closing the first day).

The final order stats will be sent to Jan Meier today or tomorrow (I have a couple of internationals pending), and the final cases sent out a day or two after that from Germany (and then sent from here as soon as they arrive).

I'll update the list when I can. If you know you paid me via PayPal, then you should be fine. One or two guys paid by money order, and should already be on the list.

Happy New Year to you all. If it makes you feel any better, the Porta Corda MkII is a fantastic little amp.
wink.gif

Great news. Thanks again for organizing this Jude, and if you get a chance, thank Jan Meier as well.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 242
I am amazed at how slick this amp is. Quality all around...it is still not powered up (dont want to risk any moisture still inside it...let it all go...2-3 hours tops).

The volume knob is a bit stiff and uneven in stiffness (feel changes with its position).

Anyone wanna watch the butchering of this amp into a larger enclosure with PSU and stepped attenuator??
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #15 of 242
I got mine a couple of hours ago, I'm listening to some Bruce Hornsby and the Range via the Porta Corda and iPod on my Senn HD580's as I type this. So far I'm impressed, this will liklely replace my older Airhead in my portable rig.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back