Meet 'Typical Headfier' Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #661 of 2,335

Quote:

The in-ter-net? I demand to know where and when these meetings take place.  
devil_face.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #663 of 2,335

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #665 of 2,335
Nov 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #672 of 2,335
Quote:
I actually thought Machina Dynamica was a genuine joke at first. Then I realized they really do make some awesome-looking paperweights.

If you called them up and asked for a teleportation tweak, I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige.

Actually hey, call me up and I'll cut you a deal. Half off.

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #673 of 2,335

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #675 of 2,335
Quote:
I don't know, does the Lessloss protect against alpha and beta decay, or just electromagnetic radiation?

Who knows what the implications of their madness might be.  They go back and forth between "electromagnetic radiation" and "radiation" on their site and it is claimed to magically eliminate or reduce such things within a 35 degree cone.

It should at least stop gammas which are the hardest to shield against anyway.

Maybe someone should call them up and inquire about using one for X-ray shielding.  If one of them has the presence of mind to tell you that it won't work be sure to remind them that X-rays are EMR too.  If they tell you that they're too high energy then ask them what tests they've done to determine that.  While you're at it, ask them how they measured that 35 degree angle and if they've measured the rate that its effectiveness drops off with distance.  Is it linear, inverse square, inverse cube, or something else completely?

Also, if I fire a single 20 MeV photon at a 90 angle to a series of Blackbodies placed 1 meter from the beam how many Blackbodies will I need to reduce its energy by half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back