Mayberry On Acid: First Ever Fairfax, CA Meet February 2, 2008!
Dec 19, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #62 of 433
Cool. I will put it as your gear for now anyway.

I have updated Post #2 with people's gear to the extent I know it. Please prompt me by PM if I am missing something.

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #64 of 433
foo_me
mikeymad
Grahame
utep10
mikeymad
Ori
neilvg

Hey I am attending twice...!!! That must mean I am signed up from Friday, Saturday and Sunday....!?!?!?!

Rock on....

Cheers,

Dec 20, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #65 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
foo_me
mikeymad
Grahame
utep10
mikeymad
Ori
neilvg

Hey I am attending twice...!!! That must mean I am signed up from Friday, Saturday and Sunday....!?!?!?!

Rock on....

Cheers,

Cut and paste error corrected. The number of attendees is already getting big enough so I wasn't trying to pump them up.
biggrin.gif

And Michael, you are signed up (only once) too!

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #66 of 433
I love the title of this thread... or maybe I just love the last word and everything it implies... anywhoo...

I'll also bring an HE60 what the heck. Mikhail's got my ES2 Head Unit (not PS) right now and he is tweaking it a bit + fixing the HE60 connector. Here's to hoping I get it back by the meet! Just kidding I'm sure I will. At least I hope so.
confused.gif

Neil

Dec 20, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #67 of 433
This is going to be nuts. Im in
biggrin.gif

Im not sure if I'll still have my Darkvoice 332 in Feb. Does anyone want to hear it?

i can definitely bring:

maxxed ppa
Xin Supermicro IV

AKG K240 sextetts
AKG K500
AKG K81dj
HF1

And I also could bring my Presonus Firebox, and computer, but given all the good gear, I dont think it would be too exciting
biggrin.gif

I might have a few more goodies by then though
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #68 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll also bring an HE60 what the heck.

Yeah, now I will get to try the HE60 connector on my ES-1, and see if it really works (I hope so).

Cheers,

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #69 of 433
DIY vs Commercial

I have a modest proposal to submit to the Mayberry On Acid organizing committee (as sorry as it may be - I hear it is just Voltron and JP11801, can you imagine a more disorganized pair?).

I propose a DIY vs Commercial thowdown. If anyone wants to make it a steel cage match, bring on your contenders. What could possibly make me, agile_one say such a thing? Well, I'll tell you what.

As I type this very missive, I am simultaneously listening to the entire Beatles MFSL catalog from my laptop to a MisterX Alien Dac to a Rockhopper Audio Mini^3 Amp. and the combo is blowing, no, exploding my mind. $225 has no business sounding even close to this good. So, bring on your uber gear, and try to match my "built by people I know and like" for emotional goodness.

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #70 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DIY vs Commerecial

I have a modest proposal to submit to the Mayberry On Acid organizing committee (as sorry as it may be - I hear it is just Voltron and JP11801, can you imagine a more disorganized pair?).

I propose a DIY vs Commercial thowdown. If anyone wants to make it a steel cage match, bring on your contenders. What could possibly make me, agile_one say such a thing? Well, I'll tell you what.

As I type this very missive, I am simultaneously listening to the entire Beatles MFSL catalog from my laptop to a MisterX Alien Dac to a Rockhopper Audio Mini^3 Amp. and the combo is blowing, no, exploding my mind. $225 has no business sounding even close to this good. So, bring on your uber gear, and try to match my "built by people I know and like" for emotional goodness.

What is "Commerecial"? I will gladly put up my soon to arrive Pico against your Alien/M^3 combo. Justin is barely Commerecial and I know and like him, but he is selling amps as a full-time business to my knowledge. I don't know Mister X, but I certainly know Mr. Rockhopper (and constructed this very meet so it would be irresistible to him
cool.gif
) and I know his work is excellent. So, how different is Rockhopper from HeadAmp? Not full time, but sold through a website for profit. Blurry line there my friend, but maybe somebody will have a Predator or even a Micro stack because RSA and HeadRoom are more obvious Commerecial operations.
tongue.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #73 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I operate out of a van down by the river.

d_7445.jpg

Actually, if you added a penguin and changed Nationstates to Rockhopper Audio, this would be a cool ad.

gonzovantop.jpg

On a sad note, this week was the 10th anniversary of Chris Farley's death.
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #74 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But do you wash the area between your legs and crotch?

For gawd sakes, don't answer this question, Thrice, in any direction.

Re Gene's suggestion, If we're going to mini^3 land, I can bring mine along as well as some notable portable amps for comparos. I have no DIY dac, but also have a Pico on the way. Did nums sell off his apogee? I think so. So hard to keep up with his gear whoring. Truth be told, I'm going to spend my time listening to the Cali gear I'll never have the chance to own.

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #75 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For gawd sakes, don't answer this question, Thrice, in any direction.

Re Gene's suggestion, If we're going to mini^3 land, I can bring mine along as well as some notable portable amps for comparos. I have no DIY dac, but also have a Pico on the way. Did nums sell off his apogee? I think so. So hard to keep up with his gear whoring. Truth be told, I'm going to spend my time listening to the Cali gear I'll never have the chance to own.

Gene had an idea?

I have a Rockhopper Mini3, Corda Headsix and will have a Pico I can bring.

The only good idea in this thread beyond the meet itself is what Vicki said, please, I beg you thrice, do not answer the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back