Mayberry On Acid: First Ever Fairfax, CA Meet February 2, 2008!
Dec 18, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #46 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I don't need to bring anything since my rig will already be there.
biggrin.gif

I will probably have a Pico/ipod/er-6i.

It is a good thing that you sold it to me otherwise you may have never seen it again.....
frown.gif

Note to self: must hear production Pico.

Cheers,

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #47 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm In!
------

Gear
===
Depends On How I feel

Also
===
Depending on when you out of towners actually arrive, everyone is also welcome to my new pad before we head over to Al's to check out my various setups (APL) or maybe on the Sunday following the madness...

Neil

A stop at your new place is definitely on the itinerary but you have to bring that NWO to the meet even if that is all that you bring to the meet. Of course, more is better but don't hold out on the source of the decade.
biggrin.gif

We'll have to chat about timing for a visit on friday or sunday as we get a little closer to meet time. Are you moved in yet? I might have to come by for a planning session in the next few weeks....
cool.gif

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #48 of 433
looks like intl meet 2 1/2!
thanks gene for the nice words...though u guys have never seen me after drunk
smily_headphones1.gif

looking forward to seeing you and mike and meeting the rest of the florida crew.

btw, i'll bring my new pride and joy...the zana deux...if no one else brings one. Am liking it lots with the PS1/RS1/HD600

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #49 of 433
Count me in as well.

Gear wise, the Transporter is available if people are interested.

Given Fairfax's reputation for Mood Altering Substances, how could you not mention that purveyor of delights, Fairfax Scoop ?

faxscoop_cone.jpg

Or were you just trying to protect the good stuff from those Floridians?

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #50 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A stop at your new place is definitely on the itinerary but you have to bring that NWO to the meet even if that is all that you bring to the meet. Of course, more is better but don't hold out on the source of the decade.
biggrin.gif

We'll have to chat about timing for a visit on friday or sunday as we get a little closer to meet time. Are you moved in yet? I might have to come by for a planning session in the next few weeks....
cool.gif

Haven't moved in yet. Soon... Soon... I keep adding little things here and there. The condo will be almost fully sound proof so that is holding things up, and some other nifty gadgets are being fabricated for me, but it'll be in January for sure (crossing fingers).

But you are welcome to come check the place out when you have some time, maybe during lunch or something. Let me know.

Neil

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #51 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by foo_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like intl meet 2 1/2!
thanks gene for the nice words...though u guys have never seen me after drunk
smily_headphones1.gif

looking forward to seeing you and mike and meeting the rest of the florida crew.

btw, i'll bring my new pride and joy...the zana deux...if no one else brings one. Am liking it lots with the PS1/RS1/HD600

Well, hopefully we will have a chance to see you "after drunk," or something like that, this time around!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in as well.

Gear wise, the Transporter is available if people are interested.

Given Fairfax's reputation for Mood Altering Substances, how could you not mention that purveyor of delights, Fairfax Scoop ?

faxscoop_cone.jpg

Or were you just trying to protect the good stuff from those Floridians?

Glad to have the Chairman of Head-Fi Marin in attendance! Joanne is welcome too, of course, if she wants to stop in for some fun.

As for Scoop, there is no doubt that many trips will be made there over the weekend because it is delight-filled, as you say. Vanilla Honey Lavender is the standout standby for me, but there are always great seasonal flavors. The SoFla vegan/vegetarian crew will be particularly enthralled with the soy option, but ice cream is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of those ruffians (other than Saint V, of course).
cool.gif

We will have to have an excursion on Saturday. In fact, given that I have been trying to initiate a Head-Fi sister-city arrangement with Santiago de Compostela in Spain, I feel like we might have to head out for a nice meal and take some fashionable food pics to prove it. Just a thought, but one way or the other we are going to have some good food at this shindig. I've got to PM carlosgp and get his approval for this sister-city deal.

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #52 of 433
Are there any RSA rigs in the bay area? I would really like to spend some time with the Apache or B52. I have been interested in these balanced rigs, but other than the international meet, I didn't get to spend much time with them at all.

Cheers,

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #53 of 433
"Mayberry on Acid"? How could I miss that! I'm pretty sure I'll have all the upgrades to my reel to reel rig in place by then. I should have most of the Tape Projects first 10 releases by then too. So here's what I'll bring;
Technics RS1500 heavily modded
Bottlehead custom all tube repo amp (Blackgates, teflon caps, carbon pots, shunt regulated PS, )
EC Zana Deux
AT AD2000, K701
BTW I'd love to hear the r2r rig hooked up to some of you guys fantastic gear so if there's enough interest ( with various amp/phone rigs, maybe Al's speaker rig too) I don't feel like it has to be chained to my Zana.

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #54 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Mayberry on Acid"? How could I miss that! I'm pretty sure I'll have all the upgrades to my reel to reel rig in place by then. I should have most of the Tape Projects first 10 releases by then too. So here's what I'll bring;
Technics RS1500 heavily modded
Bottlehead custom all tube repo amp (Blackgates, teflon caps, carbon pots, shunt regulated PS, )
EC Zana Deux
AT AD2000, K701
BTW I'd love to hear the r2r rig hooked up to some of you guys fantastic gear so if there's enough interest ( with various amp/phone rigs, maybe Al's speaker rig too) I don't feel like it has to be chained to my Zana.

I'd LOVE to hear that out of my ES2->HE90. Since I loved your tape rig the last time I heard it, but usually don't love those particular cans, I'd be very interested to hear how it sounds on a headphone I do love.

Neil

Dec 19, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #56 of 433
Wow. I don't know if I'm happier to meet all of you or happier to have the chance to hang out with your gear for a few hours. I guess I don't have to choose. This is going to be wonderful!

Dec 19, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #57 of 433
two months away and it's already looking great! Count me in Al. I don't have much new to bring except a pair of Senns HD25-1 but I am ready to lug all there is in my sig: the Opera, the XCD-88, the WA3 and my cans.
Plus of course I am very interested in any pre-meet and post-meet activities...

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #59 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. I don't know if I'm happier to meet all of you or happier to have the chance to hang out with your gear for a few hours. I guess I don't have to choose. This is going to be wonderful!

I already know them, but so many great peeps are signing up that I'm totally psyched too! I hope the weather cooperates because we might have to use the front porch and back yard and side yard and so on to fit everybody, but we will work it out one way or the other!

Welcome to the party utep10, grahame, mikeymad, ori, neilvg, ironbut, calaf, ronin74, and whoever else I am forgetting from PMs and/or posts!

Dec 19, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #60 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will try to bring the Cayin iDAC-1. I may not own it but I might be able to get one to bring to the meet from my local dealer.

What the heck is an iDAC-1? Sounds cool, but I never heard of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back