Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 7, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #18,781 of 48,562
As stated earlier, today, if it's not on the guide, I have:

a. Haven't tried it

b. Don't have enough experience with it

c. Tried it and thought it wasn't worth putting on the guide

I know it may seem like I'm able to try as many gaming cans as I can, but I'm sure I make much less than most of you, and I don't get paid to do this. Most of the headphones I've reviewed/owned have all been out of pocket/very impulsive purchases. I haven't had a review in 3 months, because times are hard, and I can't afford buying things/borrowing them and paying to ship them back, etc. My recent purchases (PS4), were either already paid for ages ago, or I sold stuff to fund it.

I'd love to sit here and review many new headphones/headsets, but reality isn't that simple.

I'm particularly interested in the Sennheiser G4ME One, Audio Technica ATH-ADG1

as far as headsets go...

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #18,782 of 48,562
I'm particularly interested in the Sennheiser G4ME One...

Surely the G4ME one is a PC360 rebadge.  Look at the product pages.  They didn't even bother to differentiate them.
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/g4me-one-open-acoustic-pc-gaming-headset
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gamer-headset-hifi-sound-noise-cancelling-microphone-pc-360

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #18,783 of 48,562
Surely the G4ME one is a PC360 rebadge.  Look at the product pages.  They didn't even bother to differentiate them.
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/g4me-one-open-acoustic-pc-gaming-headset
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gamer-headset-hifi-sound-noise-cancelling-microphone-pc-360

You're probably right. It may actually be inferior to the PC360, since the vents seem less open...

My guess is they're phasing out the PC labelling and giving them an obvious name for easier recognition.

Though the PC360 was also called the G4ME.

We have our G4MEs, our SLYRs, our KRAKENS.... what's going on with the gaming headset industry and their l337 sp33k? Though judging by the abundant amount of gamers with names like xXXQU1CKSCOP3ZxxX I guess it's understandable that they're targeting a larger audience.

Just waiting for the eventual Beats PRO ELITE GAMING headset, backed up by the best of the best tournament players. Frankly, I'm SHOCKED that they haven't released a Beats gaming headset. From a business standpoint, they would probably be the most popular gaming headset in the world. Love 'em or hate 'em, Beats is a monster of a company (no pun intended), and they care surely profit from gamers as well.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #18,784 of 48,562
Man .. MLE... you really ought to be professionally reviewing gaming headphones/headsets. There's a resurgence in the HP market; and along with it a huge market in gaming headsets too. A lot of gaming/tech sites are refocusing on audio, and to a man they practically don't know squat.

Can't think of anybody else I'd want to review **** like this. There's some 'respected' dude who reviews headphones, who also reviews sneakers .. I mean come on.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #18,785 of 48,562
Hah, you're talking about Joe, akaTRENT? He's one of my main motivations into starting this guide. His reviews were great.

He stopped reviewing headsets on his youtube account because he got hired by Engadget. He uses his akaTRENT account for shoe reviews now.

I'd call his story a success. He got into the business. And deservedly so.

He also posted here, lol. I haven't seen his reviews lately, so I hope he's still with Engadget.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #18,786 of 48,562
A lot of gaming/tech sites are refocusing on audio, and to a man they practically don't know squat.

This is true.  I remember reading a review of the A50s where after devoting several pages to the looks and presentation they spent all of three sentences describing the actual sound.  *facepalm*

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #18,789 of 48,562

Change, that would require a lot of web knowledge, editors, capital, etc. Lol. Things I don't have.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #18,790 of 48,562
Erm, why do we put socks on our X1s? I really dunno can somebody brief me in, please?

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #18,791 of 48,562
You could probably setup a decent wordpress site that could do it.

Erm, why do we put socks on our X1s? I really dunno can somebody brief me in, please?

Only to keep the pads extra clean.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #18,792 of 48,562
Or to not get the feeling of pleather hitting the skin. Yes, I hate it that much.

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #18,793 of 48,562
akaTrent -that's the guy. Yes he was very good and it was unfair of me to mention sneakers in light of his albeit few but excellent headphone reviews. But seeing as we're asking about sock-mods......

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #18,794 of 48,562
To be fair, he could've mentioned on his youtube page that he was gonna start doing sneaker reviews, lol.

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #18,795 of 48,562
MLE has the most consistent review scheme for headphones that I've seen. That's why so many people read it and why we're all begging for more. If someone's getting paid money to do this, you ought to be as well. Screw capitalizatioN and punct!ation. Nobody gives a damn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back