Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 7, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #18,766 of 48,562
Chico, I need ur halp plz. I need a link to those pad covers you have, or whatever else the X1 owners use. Desperately.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #18,767 of 48,562
Chico, I need ur halp plz. I need a link to those pad covers you have, or whatever else the X1 owners use. Desperately.

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Stretchable-Headphone-Covers-Earmuff-style/dp/B009CDXPCG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386405017&sr=1-2&keywords=headphone+covers

You can also cut a circle in a pair of $1 socks from the dollar store (which is actually what's installed on my X1 right now
cool.gif
).

What are you going to use them for?

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #18,768 of 48,562
Wow, so expensive..

How do you cut the sock?

As for what I'm using them for, I'll be testing it with stuff like the M50 and CAL. That way, if I ever get any pleather padded headphones in the future, I'll feel that I can wear them without feeling tortured by the pads.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #18,769 of 48,562
Or you can get these lovely alcantara pads and stretch them if you have too.. :wink:

They are shamelessly not being used as I prefer the sound I get from the alpha pads on my 1540 than the comfort from the alcantaras.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #18,770 of 48,562
Wow, so expensive..

How do you cut the sock?

As for what I'm using them for, I'll be testing it with stuff like the M50 and CAL. That way, if I ever get any pleather padded headphones in the future, I'll feel that I can wear them without feeling tortured by the pads.

Well, they do come in a bag of 100, but yeah.  If you do buy them, let me know and I'll will buy some of them off of you as I could use a couple.

For the socks, I just cut a circular hole with some scissors.  It's crude but effective.  I'm sure there's a better method though.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #18,771 of 48,562
Wow, so expensive..

How do you cut the sock?

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Stretchable-Headphone-Covers-Earmuff-style/dp/B009CDXPCG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386405017&sr=1-2&keywords=headphone+covers

You can also cut a circle in a pair of $1 socks from the dollar store (which is actually what's installed on my X1 right now
cool.gif
).

What are you going to use them for?

And wait, isn't that a bag of 100? Shouldn't you have some to spare for MLE, chico?!?
tongue.gif

Edit: Ah, just saw your recent post. I was under the assumption you owned a pack...

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #18,772 of 48,562
Hey thanks for the reply. I also note that dt990 pro 250 on amazon for 145. How do these compare?

Never heard em... but have you thought about reading MLE's reviews and compare the impressions, yourself?
blink.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #18,773 of 48,562
  And wait, isn't that a bag of 100? Shouldn't you have some to spare for MLE, chico?!?
tongue.gif

I never bought a bag myself, I just grabbed about 3 pairs last time I went to a meet and they were handing some out.  I only have 1 pair left though.

BTW, those little covers are alright for comfort, but they're not quite as nice as actual velour.  They're a tad more itchy at times.  I think the sock method may be slightly more comfortable (still slightly worse than actual velour).

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #18,774 of 48,562
Change, how'd you get a second pair of Alcantara for the 1840? I thought it used velour?

Chico, I mean which section of the cheap socks did you cut? I'm really bad without a step by step for such things. :p

I sound like the very newbies that ask me the same things on the daily, lol.

edit: jesus, my english writing has been taking a dump lately.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #18,775 of 48,562
Change, how's you get a second pair of Alcantara for the 1840? I thought it used velour?

Chico, I mean which section of the cheap socks did you cut? I'm really bad without a step by step for such things.
tongue.gif

I sound like the very newbies that ask me the same things on the daily, lol.

The 1540 came with two pairs of alcantaras. I slapped the pair that are used on the 1840 for the picture. The new ones still have that "out of the box" smell to em.

At least one of these pairs needs a home where they'll be used and appreciated. The pair that I do use is not very often, so I may sell those as well.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #18,776 of 48,562
Chico, I mean which section of the cheap socks did you cut? I'm really bad without a step by step for such things.
tongue.gif

I snipped off just the tube part of the sock and just used that.  I pulled that part completely over the cups.  Then I trimmed the other open end down with scissors until it looked like that circular hole.

The only annoying part is that edges around the open hole like to curl outwards and fray sometimes.  I used cheapo elasticy socks though.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #18,779 of 48,562
Panty hoes may work as well.  Possibly even better because of how thin they are.

I've never tried them on though.  On the headphones, that is. 

Ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back