Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #887 of 48,578
Just know that if you get those FA-011's you will look like my avatar pic!    <-----

And Shin, whats up with not being able to reset your password and re-log-in to AVS? 

Admins said there's nothing wrong with my account. I've used that account for years, with the same password, and yet they don't think its been changed. Hell, I know it has because the same thing happened here just a few weeks ago. Either my now defunct computer got hacked/virus, or my vindictive ex wanted to hurt me where she knows it would hurt, lol.

I created a new account (Mad Lust Envy), and they banned it ASAP. I freaking told them I couldn't log in. Tards. At least Head-fi admins/mods fixed my problem in less than 24 hours...

I miss AVS. :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #888 of 48,578
Why can't you do the automated email password reset tool?  Is your email address messed up too?

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #890 of 48,578
and that's why... gentlemen... your couples must NOT know your passwords.

Cool to see you around again MLE, I was wondering what happened to you.

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #891 of 48,578
Hi all, new user here. Thanks for the excellent gaming headphone guides, Mad Lust Envy! They've been very helpful. I game on PS3 with a wired mixamp. I have the AD700 for competitive FPS but I'm stuck on what to get for a fun, immersive headphone... something that lets you feel the sound. My budget is $150 and I have no other amp besides the mixamp. I've narrowed it to these:

Ultrasone HFI-580 - My #1 pick based on the reviews, but seems largely unproven in gaming and with the mixamp. Will the S-Logic clash with Dolby Headphone?
ATH-M50 - Consensus seems to be avoid for gaming/Dolby Headphone?
Creative Aurvana Live! - The only phone in this list proven to work well with the mixamp?
Denon 1001 - Don't know much about these... same driver as CAL but more expensive I think. Worth it?

Any other sub-$150 phones I should be considering as well? Thanks in advance!

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #892 of 48,578
Dolby Headphone works EXTREMELY well with S-Logic from every report I've read. I don't know much about the 580's sonic traits though. I'll throw in another option for a 'fun' and very well rounded headphone: the DT 770. I'm not sure which version I heard, but it was 80 ohm, and was more 'fun' than the DT880, DT990s that I heard. I'd say it was on par with the D2000, but was much more balanced than that 'phone as well. My .02

-Daniel

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #893 of 48,578
I second the DT770.

Quote:
Dolby Headphone works EXTREMELY well with S-Logic from every report I've read. I don't know much about the 580's sonic traits though. I'll throw in another option for a 'fun' and very well rounded headphone: the DT 770. I'm not sure which version I heard, but it was 80 ohm, and was more 'fun' than the DT880, DT990s that I heard. I'd say it was on par with the D2000, but was much more balanced than that 'phone as well. My .02

-Daniel

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #894 of 48,578
I ordered the Ultrasone pro 900 with a focusrite Saffire pro 24 DSP as a dac/amp. I intend to buy the mixamp 5.8 for DH 2morrow.
I have a question though, the pro 24 dsp will be connected to the computer via firewire and to the xbox 360 via optical
 pro 24 dsp is a pro audio interface and is powered by drivers, Would I be able to adjust the EQ, Crossfade , gain that are available in the drivers  on pc to effect the sound I hear through the xbox 360?
or only the pc is effected?
Thank you.

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #897 of 48,578
Keep in mind that the DT770 Pro 80 can be quite boomy and trample on the details at times. As far as immersion goes, its one of the best I have tried. The bass can be intoxicating. Like being at a theater.

Apr 7, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #900 of 48,578
About using Silent Cinema with headphones, it's alright I guess. I used it for a few months and did okay with Ultrasone HFi-2200's. I've also tried Sony's VST which wasn't bad either. I picked up a Harman Kardon receiver with DH and dang.... it kinda blew me away. Soundstage just opened up even more. If I had to rate it, it'd be DH > SC > VST.

I still need to try the AD700 vs HFi2200 to see if I'm missing out on anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back