Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #22,892 of 48,562
  Elder scrolls online is a extra $14.99 a month on top of your xbox live or psn+!

That's one reason why it should be played on PC. Another is the addon system and the fact that it's easier with K/M. You can use a gamepad with it but it's slightly clunky.

If there are any ESO PC gamers, hit me up and we'll party some time.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #22,894 of 48,562
It costs $180 a year..not worth it!

I can understand someone not viewing $180/year as worth it. But from my perspective, it's absolutely worth it. For me MMOs prevent me from buying new games as frequently since I'm investing more time into the MMO and not plowing through a game like AC4 or Watch Dogs every month. Also, I adore ESO; I have since October when I received my beta invite. I feel that it's a nice middle ground between being an Elder Scrolls title and mixing in the MMO aspect.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #22,895 of 48,562

Well, that's pretty subjective when we're on an audio enthusiast forum where people will spend A LOT more money to get that 1% improvement in sound. When I played WoW pretty actively a few years back, I didn't have a ton of money and needed something to keep me entertained most of the time. For ~$12 a month, I got a lot of time and enjoyment out of the game. I didn't buy many other games because that one kept me busy. It was a great bargain IMO. When I look back on that and UO, I know I will probably never get that kind of enjoyment out of a game again. It makes me a bit sad. So even without the cost, the experiences I had are more or less priceless to me. 

I can't speak for ESO (and I'm pretty burned out on MMOs regardless), but I've read some good things about it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility of it being worth it for some people. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #22,896 of 48,562
Runescape... Oh how much time I sank into that game...
Well I too stopped a few years back but it was a massive blast!
Maybe one day again ;P

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #22,897 of 48,562

Well, that's pretty subjective when were on an audio enthusiast forum where people will spend A LOT more money to get that 1% improvement in sound. When I played WoW pretty actively a few years back, I didn't have a ton of money and needed something to keep me entertained most of the time. For ~$12 a month, I got a lot of time and enjoyment out of the game. I didn't buy many other games because that one kept me busy. It was a great bargain IMO. When I look back on that and UO, I know I will probably never get that kind of enjoyment out of a game again. It makes me a bit sad. So even without the cost, the experiences I had are more or less priceless to me. 

I can't speak for ESO (and I'm pretty burned out on MMOs regardless), but I've read some good things about it, so it's not out of the realm of possibility of it being worth it for some people. 

I have pre-ordered watchdogs and will be getting the division..not that bothered about elder scrolls online now..i buy 2 games a month..i just hope they don't do it with fallout 4..i have a gaming pc with two 7990s and 84 inch sony 4k tv and pioneer susano av receiver with 8.2 s81 speakers that i built for playing the battlefield games!

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #22,899 of 48,562
^ bragging rights!
rolleyes.gif

I was just answering this part conquerator 2 "Well, that's pretty subjective when were on an audio enthusiast forum where people will spend A LOT more money to get that 1% improvement in sound."

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #22,900 of 48,562
I was just answering this part conquerator 2 "Well, that's pretty subjective when were on an audio enthusiast forum where people will spend A LOT more money to get that 1% improvement in sound."

So... You spend a lot of money for all electronics then? :D

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #22,901 of 48,562

This has been pretty standard pricing for mmo's since EQ and UO and WoW vanilla. Not sure why it would come as a surprise to anyone at this point unless you're like 14. Based on your multi-thousand dollar gaming system, in guessing not...

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #22,902 of 48,562
This has been pretty standard pricing for mmo's since EQ and UO and WoW vanilla. Not sure why it would come as a surprise to anyone at this point unless you're like 14. Based on your multi-thousand dollar gaming system, in guessing not...

I don't play mmo's but I played skyrim and elder scrolls..the only online games I play are the battlefield games..and it cost me pounds not dollars stillhart I live in England but have an apartment in manhattan..I am a pioneer dj so I get pioneer stuff pretty much for free!

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #22,903 of 48,562
I don't play mmo's but I played skyrim and elder scrolls..the only online games I play are the battlefield games..and it cost me pounds not dollars stillhart I live in England but have an apartment in manhattan..I am a pioneer dj so I get pioneer stuff pretty much for free!

Oh I gotcha, I keep forgetting that a lot of non-mmo players are interested in ESO. IMO its a just okay MMO and a just okay elder scrolls game. As a veteran of both, I find ESO kind of disappointing and not worth the money. But that's not because I think the pricing policy is bad... Just the game.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #22,904 of 48,562

Well, that explains a lot!
Should have said that in the first place :xf_eek:

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #22,905 of 48,562
I found the Audio Technica ATH-AG1 and ADG1 as I was scouring the web and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Not sure how well they'd perform in surround. Since they are from a good company already and not just a gaming company, I would have no clue how well they stack up against the gaming headsets out there or my Astro A40s.

Edit: Also found the Beyerdynamic MMX300 and not sure about those either.

Hello mate. I've got the ATH-ADG1s and more than happy with them. I haven't tried the MMX300s but I have tried A40s and I much prefer the Audio Technicas. I'm a console gamer (PS4) playing Call of Duty and having tried them with Turtle Beach's ACU and Astro's  Mixamp, I would definitely go with the Mixamp.
The headset itself is comfortable and provides excellent audio cues to the extent you can tell not only the direction but also relative distance.
For other uses, you're probably better reading up from other people's reviews as I only use them for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back